Hate to say this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Hate to say this...

...but Doc is going to have to go back to starting AB and Lee, moving Green back to the bench. We can't get any easy baskets with PP at SG.

Lee and AB can get out get baskets and play pressure defense.

It doesn't mean that it has to stay that way but Doc needs to mix it up right now to get offense. 79 & 71 points will not beat Louisville.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Hate to say this...

“I don’t know what we’re doing wrong at the beginning of third quarters,”

Dont get too hopeful Doc will make the right adjustments when he says things like the above quote.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I don;t understand the lineup (or bench use) right now anyway!

why Lee plays only 4 minutes and Crawford plays more?

I guess Doc has his reasons, but  if I were making the calls Garnett, Bass, Pierce, Lee and Bradley would be the starters the rest of the way with Green, Terry, Wilcox, Crawford and Randolph geting minutes off the bench in that order.

Greens goal going nto next season should be to take the sixth man of the year award from tatoo man in NY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm a little disappointed in the way Doc has coached this team the past two months. I know it's been tough with the injuries but all these different lineups hasn't helped anyone get comfortable with their role. It's not only the different lineups but the minutes played make no sense. How can this team have confidence when no one knows when they're playing and when they're not playing.

It's like they're a collection of players without any chemistry. We don't have a true PG we all know that but that should've been addressed sooner than later.

These 2nd half collapses are mind boggling. Why all of a sudden has PP become the PG. SMH! Put Lee and AB back out there, I could see if PP had to cover Melo but he's got Bass on Melo. This offense is working because no one is getting easy baskets and we can't keep anyone out the lane.

Change the lineup Doc. In this series we need Green off the bench to provide offense and let the starters set the tone on defense.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Terry and Crawford can't play defense, don't drive to the hole that much and if they aren't hitting shots they're useless.

What I'm not understanding is we keep going smaller and smaller. We never get any 2nd chance opportunities. Why not play KG with Wilcox or Randolph to at least control the boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Doc has just started mailing it in. We have a whole lot of bench that he won't even consider.He has been out coached on a regular basis the last 2 months. I was a Doc defender for a while now but he just colors by the numbers and if we can't win with his instruction manual we are screwed,because Doc has forgotten how to spell adjustments. In hindsight maybe we should of let Doc go and promoted Thibs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Doc has just started mailing it in. We have a whole lot of bench that he won't even consider.He has been out coached on a regular basis the last 2 months. I was a Doc defender for a while now but he just colors by the numbers and if we can't win with his instruction manual we are screwed,because Doc has forgotten how to spell adjustments. In hindsight maybe we should of let Doc go and promoted Thibs.

I wholeheartedly agree. 2 years ago I kept screaming for Ainge to give Thibs a raise and name him the de-facto replacement for Doc but Thibs wanted his own gig...understandable. If the Bulls aren't going to re-up Thibs, Ainge should move quickly to promote Doc to a front office position and see if Thibs wants to return as HC.

Doc isn't making good halftime adjustments but hopefully we can get one game and then take it from there. The Garden should be jumping Friday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

"2 years ago I kept screaming for Ainge to give Thibs a raise and name him the de-facto replacement for Doc"

BINGO!!

Above all the players the biggest mistake in DA's tenure as GM is letting Thibs slip away.. This guy is a real coach and motivator..

I rarely root for the BUlls but I like the way they play... even with their true all pro out for the season... hes got them hustling all over the place and defending..  Kind of like the Celtics did when he was around..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

"2 years ago I kept screaming for Ainge to give Thibs a raise and name him the de-facto replacement for Doc"

BINGO!!

Above all the players the biggest mistake in DA's tenure as GM is letting Thibs slip away.. This guy is a real coach and motivator..

I rarely root for the BUlls but I like the way they play... even with their true all pro out for the season... hes got them hustling all over the place and defending..  Kind of like the Celtics did when he was around..

Wow!

Lots of money and all you do is bash Doc Rivers everyday.

Do you also make money for bashing Doc Rivers?

I think youre a stalker... or have some serious mental disorder.. Im being very serious

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The absence of Rajon Rondo is killing Boston, a fact hardly lost on the Knicks. The 23 points the Celtics scored in the second half was the fewest in the team's playoff history, and you can draw a straight line from the lack of production to the ACL injury-induced disappearance of their All-Star playmaker. J.R. Smith called the Celtics "a little fuzzy up top on who they want to get it to and why" without Rondo. "When Rondo is out there, they are in a certain flow," Smith added. "When he is not out there, they sort of don't know who to go to or [what] plays to run. That's a credit to a great player like Rondo. When he is in the game, he seems to know two or three plays ahead of what they want to do."

Doc, do you hear this? Why after 2 months are we still lost in our offensive sets? Why have we stopped running? When did we decide to be a halfcourt team again? We built the team to run and now PP is the PG? Why is KG the only big we are playing?        

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

green's goal for next season should be starting at the 3 where he belongs. PP should not be in the starting lineup next year, if he's even with the team.

I don;t understand the lineup (or bench use) right now anyway!

why Lee plays only 4 minutes and Crawford plays more?

I guess Doc has his reasons, but  if I were making the calls Garnett, Bass, Pierce, Lee and Bradley would be the starters the rest of the way with Green, Terry, Wilcox, Crawford and Randolph geting minutes off the bench in that order.

Greens goal going nto next season should be to take the sixth man of the year award from tatoo man in NY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

“I don’t know what we’re doing wrong at the beginning of third quarters,”

Dont get too hopeful Doc will make the right adjustments when he says things like the above quote.

What's to adjust the knicks are better. With Rondo and Sullinger I think we win this series. Without, nope. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Scoring 25 second half points the first game and 23 second half points the second game just isn't going to cut it. Usually you win if you hold a high scoring team under 100 points and defensively it has been good. Unless the Celtics find a way to get out of this funk the series may be over by Sunday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

...but Doc is going to have to go back to starting AB and Lee, moving Green back to the bench. We can't get any easy baskets with PP at SG.

Lee and AB can get out get baskets and play pressure defense.

It doesn't mean that it has to stay that way but Doc needs to mix it up right now to get offense. 79 & 71 points will not beat Louisville.

Right now I'd go with Terry and Crawford instead.

71 points ain't gonna cut it.

They are getting violated by thier guards...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The absence of Rajon Rondo is killing Boston, a fact hardly lost on the Knicks. The 23 points the Celtics scored in the second half was the fewest in the team's playoff history, and you can draw a straight line from the lack of production to the ACL injury-induced disappearance of their All-Star playmaker. J.R. Smith called the Celtics "a little fuzzy up top on who they want to get it to and why" without Rondo. "When Rondo is out there, they are in a certain flow," Smith added. "When he is not out there, they sort of don't know who to go to or [what] plays to run. That's a credit to a great player like Rondo. When he is in the game, he seems to know two or three plays ahead of what they want to do."

Doc, do you hear this? Why after 2 months are we still lost in our offensive sets? Why have we stopped running? When did we decide to be a halfcourt team again? We built the team to run and now PP is the PG? Why is KG the only big we are playing?        

In order to run, we have to make stops...Jr and the pt guard took over...along Melo..

We have to stop 2of three...Lee helps on Jr/Bradley on the pt...let Melo get 40...

thats the formula for an 85/82 win!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah I would put Green on JR Smith, AB on Felton and Lee on Pablo/Kidd. Their bench makes ours look silly. Why we never made a move on Kenyon Martin is another head scratcher. I'm sure there are plenty of posts out there calling for us to pick him up.

We are winning the 1st halfs but that means nothing. If we lost the 1st halfs and won the 2nd half we would win these games. Winning the first halfs never mean anything because of adjustments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The absence of a point guard period is killing us.  Rondo would be a welcome sight but so would any true point guard that can knock down a shot.  Williams is worth a shot to me.  Avery is lost there.  People keep knocking KG.  Did anyone see his plus minus for the season?  He obviously is still valuable as is Pierce.  We just need a big to help out KG and some guards that can actually hit a shot once in while.  For a position that was suppose to be our strong point,  it is actually the weakest part of our team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

BS.  Doc never mails it in.  Amazing posters complain when he plays the vets too much because he's trying to win every game possible and not teach young players.   Then when he plays the young players, we complain that he won't let anyone get comfortable with their role by playing too many polayers.  

Fans.   Bibby was right.   You all give up too easily.  All NY did was hold court at their place.  They now come to our place and it ain't over, even though the knicks are playing with a full deck and we're playing without Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa and with players who couldn't make any other team except those in China.  

Sometimes, your players aren't as good as the other players.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I must say the offensive collapse is mind boggling.  The Doc rotations are weird to say the least.  We need the guards to share the point to keep the pressure off any one player. Lee and AB are capable along with Terry of handling the ball.  Lee simply has to play and help with the ballhandling.  We have no bigs because DA has no clue.  So there is nothing this team can ever do about rebounding until DA is fired.  This team seems to be uninspired out there too.  Hopefully the garden will help the troops but this team has major flaws all the way through will not beat any good team.  There is a reason they are 41-40.  This team is average.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

The absence of a point guard period is killing us.  Rondo would be a welcome sight but so would any true point guard that can knock down a shot.  Williams is worth a shot to me.  Avery is lost there.  People keep knocking KG.  Did anyone see his plus minus for the season?  He obviously is still valuable as is Pierce.  We just need a big to help out KG and some guards that can actually hit a shot once in while.  For a position that was suppose to be our strong point,  it is actually the weakest part of our team.

Dead on.  We get NOTHING out of the  guard position.  Jason Terry was supposed to be clutch at this time and instead, he's a clutz!  He is playing 27 mins a game in these two losses and shooting - yes - wait for it.....23% !!!!   23%  are you kidding me?   That's not coaching.  That's just choking.  The guy has had 10 or 15 good games all season and the rest of the time, he's a bust.  

And defensively, we're not stopping their point guards nor shooting guards.   We have soft players now and we've lost our tough guys.   Thanks, Danny.

Sections
Shortcuts