Hats off to these C's... come what may

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Hats off to these C's... come what may

Do I personally think the quest for 18 happens this season? No.

Just the same this group has been a pleasure to watch since the allstar break. They are IMHO an entertaining grup of over achievers whether it be for their ages (KG-PP and pre-injury Ray) or guys like Bradley and Steamer.

If and when the season ends we should be grateful IMHO for a entertaining year ... the bounty of championships in Boston in the last 10 years should not blind us when we have really good teams just because they don't win it all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may

In Response to Hats off to these C's... come what may:
    [QUOTE]Do I personally think the quest for 18 happens this season? No. Just the same this group has been a pleasure to watch since the allstar break. They are IMHO an entertaining grup of over achievers whether it be for their ages (KG-PP and pre-injury Ray) or guys like Bradley and Steamer. If and when the season ends we should be grateful IMHO for a entertaining year ... the bounty of championships in Boston in the last 10 years should not blind us when we have really good teams just because they don't win it all!
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Great post and I would imagine that most Celtics fans would agree with you.  Watching the Celtics later in the season has been very rewarding.  Also agree that we can't expect  Boston teams to continue to win championships every year.   What they accomplished in the past decade will probably never be repeated by any city.  It is really an amazing accomplishment. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hats off to these C's... come what may : Great post and I would imagine that most Celtics fans would agree with you.  Watching the Celtics later in the season has been very rewarding.  Also agree that we can't expect  Boston teams to continue to win championships every year.   What they accomplished in the past decade will probably never be repeated by any city.  It is really an amazing accomplishment.
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! The quality of our sports teams hasn't been duplicated in any City.

I feel especially proud of this years Celtics. Win or lose in the playoffs they have given us something few FANS experience!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Do I personally think the quest for 18 happens this season? No. Just the same this group has been a pleasure to watch since the allstar break. They are IMHO an entertaining grup of over achievers whether it be for their ages (KG-PP and pre-injury Ray) or guys like Bradley and Steamer. If and when the season ends we should be grateful IMHO for a entertaining year ... the bounty of championships in Boston in the last 10 years should not blind us when we have really good teams just because they don't win it all!

While not from around Boston, so not really a fan of the other teams except the C's.  it is very easy to be a Celtic fan and watch this team this year. We have seen them play bad, play good, seen bandwagon jumpers, announcers coming back around to our teams chances, to finishing the season feeling like there is some hope. I would love to see most of these same players back next year, adding a couple new picks and a free agent or two, and I don't see why we can't keep this train rolling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

great post - I agree 100 percent. Since the All Star break this team has played at a level that has been a pleasure to watch. Now let's see how far that pride can take them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It has been fun.  This team is actually one that is overachieving and is playing the underdog role which is different than the past few seasons obviously.

Will be cool to see what happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Good afternoon, gentleman.  Long time reader, short time poster.  Been reading this website a long time.  As a true Laker fan I love to keep up with our #1 adversary which of course is your Celtics.  I can't help but to  congratulate you guys on your season.  You have truly shown what a classy organization you have.  With all the obstacles your way you came through with flying colors. You zipped into the playoffs and didn't limp in like my Lakers.  Again congratulations on a fine season and good luck in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Good afternoon, gentleman.  Long time reader, short time poster.  Been reading this website a long time.  As a true Laker fan I love to keep up with our #1 adversary which of course is your Celtics.  I can't help but to  congratulate you guys on your season.  You have truly shown what a classy organization you have.  With all the obstacles your way you came through with flying colors. You zipped into the playoffs and didn't limp in like my Lakers.  Again congratulations on a fine season and good luck in the playoffs.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, Lakers limped in?  I thought the Lakers were playing darn good ball the second half of the season.  They are a team to be reckoned with because they learned something about themselves without Kobe.  Bynum is the best center int he League, IMO.  SA Spurs gave them hell but otherwise, I think the Lakers really are pretty good.  Bench will be their weakness and they are hurt even more now that MWP is out.   But, they are to be congratulated, as well!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Good post katz!!  Our 3  year window was extended to 5!  DA wanted one more crack with this group, and they deserve it.  Nothing will surprise me this off-season......but it will be fun watching him re-tool!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hats off to these C's... come what may : While not from around Boston, so not really a fan of the other teams except the C's.  it is very easy to be a Celtic fan and watch this team this year. We have seen them play bad, play good, seen bandwagon jumpers, announcers coming back around to our teams chances, to finishing the season feeling like there is some hope. I would love to see most of these same players back next year, adding a couple new picks and a free agent or two, and I don't see why we can't keep this train rolling.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I keep finding ways we agree on things!  I, too, am not an overall Boston sports fan, just a Celtics fan for my whole life.  I couldn't be more proud of these guys because so many people (expecially a lot of Celtics fans) just wrote them off and talked about how bad they were in the beginning of the season while some of us kept saying "let's wait until late Feb/Early March to see if they have pulled it together".  The team showed their true pride and determination and skills and shut up many of the naysayers.   I am proud to be a Celtics fan!  

While Doc and the Players were working so hard to get better, I'm also proud of Danny for showing restraint.   He is such a gambler and this year he held tight and kept Rondo, Ray, and Paul when they were all on the trading block.  He kept his draft choices and his cap room for next year.  He's done a good job of having lots of options over the next 2 years (I say 2 years because I don't see a lot of great FA's in 2012....better group in 2013).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Good afternoon, gentleman.  Long time reader, short time poster.  Been reading this website a long time.  As a true Laker fan I love to keep up with our #1 adversary which of course is your Celtics.  I can't help but to  congratulate you guys on your season.  You have truly shown what a classy organization you have.  With all the obstacles your way you came through with flying colors. You zipped into the playoffs and didn't limp in like my Lakers.  Again congratulations on a fine season and good luck in the playoffs.
    Classy my friend....Classy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Agreed, and in two to three years, our youngsters and draft picks will have grown up...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may : Hmmm, Lakers limped in?  I thought the Lakers were playing darn good ball the second half of the season.  They are a team to be reckoned with because they learned something about themselves without Kobe.  Bynum is the best center int he League, IMO.  SA Spurs gave them hell but otherwise, I think the Lakers really are pretty good.  Bench will be their weakness and they are hurt even more now that MWP is out.   But, they are to be congratulated, as well!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well limped may not be accurate. I was referring to Bynum getting benched, Kobe looking like he has slowed down some, and of course our village idiot named Metta World Peace.  Embarrassment to our organization. I think we may be too slow now to compete for the world title. That and it remains to be seen if Kobe can let our bigs share the spotlight. Its pretty obvious that our strength is Pau and Drew. Kobe has a real problem not being the man. Hopefully he can adapt. We don't appear to have the camaraderie that your guys have. Thanks for the kudos!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may : Classy my friend....Classy
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!!   I have no desire to come here and try and start something on your site like some of my fellow Laker fans do.  Most of those guys really embarrass me and our organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Cs WILL their win 18th....this is a team of destiny! Ya gotta believe!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I believe, the team has really come together and are playing for each other.
    I beleive the coach has shown why players love to play for him.
    I believe they've finally got the turnovers down (take care of that ball guys).
    I believe Rondo has broken through and now is a top player; congrats to the stubborn one; stubborness is the ultimate yin/yang trait - when it works look out!
    Hopefully Ray can heal up enough to contibute if and when the Celts advance.
    I believe this team will fight to the last whistle and that's all I ask.
    Hopefully that whistle will end in June with another Boston Celtics World Championship!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may": [QUOTE]I believe, the team has really come together and are playing for each other. I beleive the coach has shown why players love to play for him. I believe they've finally got the turnovers down (take care of that ball guys). I believe Rondo has broken through and now is a top player; congrats to the stubborn one; stubborness is the ultimate yin/yang trait - when it works look out! Hopefully Ray can heal up enough to contibute if and when the Celts advance. I believe this team will fight to the last whistle and that's all I ask. Hopefully that whistle will end in June with another Boston Celtics World Championship! Posted by futbal[/QUOTE] Excellent post. I'd only add that if we continue to improve our rebounding focus, we can beat anyone!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hats off to these C's... come what may : Thanks!!!!   I have no desire to come here and try and start something on your site like some of my fellow Laker fans do.  Most of those guys really embarrass me and our organization.

Even though you have only posted a few times on our Celtic board, i already feel as if i know you!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If only they can get through this round fast. 

p.s. enjoyed those victories against the Heat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Great thread.  Win or lose, this group has shown us the value of belief and perseverance.  Having said that, I can envision the 18th banner hanging in the Garden in June.

As Always,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Stupid post!  You're mailing it in before the season is over?  What kind of fan are you?  Sounds like your hedging yourself which is good if you are wagering person.  Your post is almost as comical as the stupid C's fans who said they would sweep Hawks and then penciled the C's in the Conference Finals.  Any knowledgeable fan knows you win one game at a time and go from there.  You always worry about winning the next game at hand and nothing else!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hats off to these C's... come what may : Stupid post!  You're mailing it in before the season is over?  What kind of fan are you?  Sounds like your hedging yourself which is good if you are wagering person.  Your post is almost as comical as the stupid C's fans who said they would sweep Hawks and then penciled the C's in the Conference Finals.  Any knowledgeable fan knows you win one game at a time and go from there.  You always worry about winning the next game at hand and nothing else!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]
    How is someone supposed to relate to you? Seriously, even for an awkward 15 year old in his mom's basement, this would be considered trash. Grow up a little

Sections
Shortcuts