Have fun this year. 2012 there will be no games!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

Have fun this year. 2012 there will be no games!

The owners have been burned by Oden and too many other over payed "Dead Beats". They are losing money now. They may lose less with no games. The players are too greedy to give anything up. My prediction "Lock out 2012" The League is Begging people to buy 1/2 year League pass with 1/3 season left. People can't afford to go to games any more. The are not enough Jack Nickolsons to make it pay. Players give up some money or you will be seeing re-runs of Andy Griffith show and every college time in the country in 2012.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

Re: Have fun this year. 2012 there will be no games!

I didn't expect an answer from anyone. Most of people are scared to death that they will have to spend some of that time with family and relatives.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He we will win this June and it will be like being champs for two years!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Does anyone actualy think, with 10% unemployment and the $ that the players and owners are now making, that they won't get a deal done? Both the union and the owners would have to be INSANE not to get something done. With alot of people struggling to just make ends meet, who cares? Not me. If they don't get something done they are all true idiots.

Nuff Said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

In Response to Re: Have fun this year. 2012 there will be no games!:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone actualy think, with 10% unemployment and the $ that the players and owners are now making, that they won't get a deal done? Both the union and the owners would have to be INSANE not to get something done. With alot of people struggling to just make ends meet, who cares? Not me. If they don't get something done they are all true idiots. Nuff Said.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]   Check out what Albert Puols is asking from the Cardinals if you think they care one bit about you hurting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have fun this year. 2012 there will be no games! :    Check out what Albert Puols is asking from the Cardinals if you think they care one bit about you hurting.
    Posted by flashman[/QUOTE]
    Yea, I know. For me if they (the NBA) don't get it done I'll take some time off from watching them. It's all about choice. I love the game, but I'll just watch the kids to show my displeasure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I love sports but the salaries nowadays are just insane. How can you justify making 10 mil/year by playing a game? Crazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

crap I just renewed my tickets last week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]I love sports but the salaries nowadays are just insane. How can you justify making 10 mil/year by playing a game? Crazy.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    I understand what you are saying, but me, I'm a free market guy. It is us (the fans) who pay their salaries. Believe me, if we didn't go to the games (I don't), buy the stuff (I don't) or watch them on the tube(I do) they wouldn't be able to make that kind of dough. I don't begrudge them their money. Same with the owners. They are putting out the product. But, in my view, if they don't get it done with all the hurt going on right now, they will lose my viewership. I'll watch college ball. Again, it's a matter of choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Flash----this is an interesting statements:

Keeping stars in small markets remains a problem, especially if clumps of talented players start gathering in bigger ones, much as James, Bosh and Wade did in Miami last summer. The result has been good for the NBA’s television ratings and certainly good for the Heat -- but the teams in Toronto and Cleveland have utterly collapsed, and it could be a while before they’re back on their feet. “The franchise tag is something the owners will bring up in the collective bargaining agreement, but now you’re going to have to get that by the players’ association, get them to buy into it,” said NBA TV analyst and former Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale. “It is an interesting concept -- there is something to that. It would give the team that drafts a guy, develops a guy, more of an opportunity to hold on to the player. ... Having the talent distributed all throughout the NBA is much better for the NBA, and the health of the game depends on having competitive teams in all different types of markets.”  

Wonder why the Comish weasel did not stop the Miami gang to congregate?
    Maybe because of the big three of the Celtics?
    ...and why is Mchale making this statements?
       he was the culprit of our big 3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Flash----this is an interesting statements: Keeping stars in small markets remains a problem, especially if clumps of talented players start gathering in bigger ones, much as James, Bosh and Wade did in Miami last summer. The result has been good for the NBA’s television ratings and certainly good for the Heat -- but the teams in Toronto and Cleveland have utterly collapsed, and it could be a while before they’re back on their feet. “The franchise tag is something the owners will bring up in the collective bargaining agreement, but now you’re going to have to get that by the players’ association, get them to buy into it,” said NBA TV analyst and former Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale. “It is an interesting concept -- there is something to that. It would give the team that drafts a guy, develops a guy, more of an opportunity to hold on to the player. ... Having the talent distributed all throughout the NBA is much better for the NBA, and the health of the game depends on having competitive teams in all different types of markets.”   Wonder why the Comish weasel did not stop the Miami gang to congregate? Maybe because of the big three of the Celtics? ...and why is Mchale making this statements?    he was the culprit of our big 3.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    As always, you are putting out good info.

Sections
Shortcuts