Hawks channel inner VULTURE, FEAST on ROTTING Laker CORPSE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Hawks channel inner VULTURE, FEAST on ROTTING Laker CORPSE!

wow they were only back for one day and back on vacation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

SI Sports:

"Lakers guard Kobe Bryant sprained his left ankle after missing a potential game-tying jumper in the closing seconds of a 96-92 loss to the Hawks in Atlanta’s Philips Arena on Wednesday night.

The Lakers announced after the game that an X-ray on the ankle was negative, but Bryant is being listed as “out indefinitely” with a severe left ankle sprain, according to the Los Angeles Times."

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'm sorry the guy got hurt...............but the fact remains this was:

a.  on the road

b.  second of back to back

c.  a playoff team

a + b + c for this years teams = disaster

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

SI Sports:

"Lakers guard Kobe Bryant sprained his left ankle after missing a potential game-tying jumper in the closing seconds of a 96-92 loss to the Hawks in Atlanta’s Philips Arena on Wednesday night.

The Lakers announced after the game that an X-ray on the ankle was negative, but Bryant is being listed as “out indefinitely” with a severe left ankle sprain, according to the Los Angeles Times."

It is going to be more difficult for the Lakers to stay in playoff contention if Kobe is out for a few weeks.  I could see them losing many of their games if Kobe can't play. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If you live in Los Angeles you are aware of the obsequious culture around Kobe.  He is portrayed as heroic and without peer. Idiots here say he is better than Magic    He will play without more than a game out and the press here will play like it is one of the guttiest displays of team sports the game has ever seen.

They refuse to see him as a me first, selfish player that he is.  Even with this historic disaster of a season the media here talks about Kobe's game attempt at getting the 8th seed as an against all odds proposition.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Staples Center during 2013 NBA Finals!

Nice! LOL

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If you live in Los Angeles you are aware of the obsequious culture around Kobe.  He is portrayed as heroic and without peer. Idiots here say he is better than Magic    He will play without more than a game out and the press here will play like it is one of the guttiest displays of team sports the game has ever seen.

They refuse to see him as a me first, selfish player that he is.  Even with this historic disaster of a season the media here talks about Kobe's game attempt at getting the 8th seed as an against all odds proposition.  

Yes, I do live out here.  It MAY be best for him to miss a game (they have won 62% of the games he has missed in his career), but they will view it as heroic WHEN he plays tomorrow against IND.  Oh, yeah, I said it.  He will not miss a game  - not one.  It's all about him, you see, and how tough he is.  It  may be in the team's best interest, and HIS best interest long-term...............but.......won't happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

a.  on the road

c.  a playoff team

Kobe was clearly exhausted throughout the game. That's been the ongoing concern - that their push to get into the playoffs will leave them with nothing left once they get there.

Classy photos from Fierce, BTW - I would expect nothing less.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

a.  on the road

c.  a playoff team

Kobe was clearly exhausted throughout the game. That's been the ongoing concern - that their push to get into the playoffs will leave them with nothing left once they get there.

38 mins on the second of back to backs is just bad coaching.....

As for you other comment..................I like Fierce's comments on the Celtics, he is a very passionate fan, and we'll leave it at that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I told you the Lakers will not make the playoffs.

Too early to say they're out, Kirk. 

But I'm really hoping you're right!

HAHAHA

No Kobe, no rings.

============================================

I do not wish an injury on any player in any sport but Kobe is such a drama queen(to be fair, PP has been accused of being one too), MRI is negative, we don't know how hurt he is. If so, they most definitely won't make the playoffs but this is not like Perk being hurt in game 6 of 2010 finals. LA was to be knocked out in first round anyway. What I'm most happy about is that Kobe, with 5 rings, will not tie MJ with 6 and next year he's older & LA prospects are not good to be much better in 2014.

I truly hope they don't make the playoffs, however; my first joy is watching a Celtic victory but I also enjoy watching the Lakers lose. And I get a pleasure knowing we are still one banner ahead of them & our propects for being 2 ahead instead of them tying us are very good.

As per Spearment's Chewing gum ad, Double your pleasure, double your fun, I get the same satisfaction when Cetics win and Lakers lose(same with Sox and Yankees). So, I care about the Lakers and watch their games & become a fan of anyone who plays against them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

a.  on the road

c.  a playoff team

Well, I am a little tired of all this Lakers crap on this board.  A few reallly obnoxious Lakers fans show up here and talk trash.  Fierce and others respond in kind.  Don't know who started what.  So it looks like this will continue like the conflict in Middle East.

In the mean time, people who just want to do some simple ribbing have no avenue.

23. This post has been removed.