He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

Just stop talking Doc! LA Lakers - best franchise in sports history? Really? 

"The risk is all mine," Rivers, 51, said. "To go to an organization that hasn't won but [two] playoff series in their entire history, in a town where the other team is the best franchise in sports history – that's risk. "But the opportunity – for me – gives me life. If we get this right, it will be the story of stories to tell. At this point in my life, the gamble is worth it." Yahoo! Sports

Rumors tagsLOS ANGELES CLIPPERSDOC RIVERSCOACHING  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

showing his true colors....he's not a good coach...the players made him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Very disappointed in him. To win a champonship with the Celtcs and then make a comment like that... wow. And how long was he here? Shame on him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

All of a sudden now you see Doc for what he is..grandstanding and positioning himself to be the hero.... too bad you didnt isten years ago when several of us were telling you he stinks up n down

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, shocking.  Selling out his history to garner favor in la.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i've wanted him gone from boston for the last few years. what he says or accomplishes out west makes no difference to me.

bp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i've wanted him gone from boston for the last few years. what he says or accomplishes out west makes no difference to me.

bp

we absolutely agree on this topic. DOC was a hiderance to development and success. His comments now show him playing psychology with the media in order to build in excuses if(when he fails. What a straight up puzzy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

And now blasphemer R9R's contrarian opion:

I don't see what the big deal is. The Lakers are just as storied a franchise as Boston. Of course we all think that Boston is the better franchise, but thats probably not the case if you take into account how dominant the Lakers are in L.A. and how dominant that brand is around the globe. Consider that the Lakers are probably the most profitable franchise in basketball and has had a lot more recent success. Also consider that the Celtics are (arguably) the fourth most popular team in Boston, definitely behind the Sox, Pats and some would argue the Bruins.

That being said, I disagree with him, but I understand that he was making a point and not really commenting about the Celtics. He certainly is not an A Hole and I have no idea how this makes him a bad coach ...

freaking mental midgets on this board. Grow up children. Sports is a business.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

doc... the motivational azz-kisser... the consumate  glad hander.... the troof talker.... the spin doctor... the speak no evil flatterer... he'll say anything for effect.

The same klown that called a certain enigmatic ASPG the "smartest player" he'd ever coached.

You know he's lying when his lips are moving I do believe.

Glad you're gone, Glenn.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Doc was even an average coach, the Celtics would have at least one more title. Wonder if he ever heard of the New York Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah it is a bit surprising to be hearing Doc run his mouth so much now. 

Doc doesn't even have a team in the Clippers that are a top 3 seed. They will get bounced again. The aren't better than OKC, Houston, Memphis or SA. He's got one legit all star in CP3 and Griffin\Jordan have a lot to improve on...the rest are role players.

Let's see what Doc can do without KG or PP

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

doc... the motivational azz-kisser... the consumate  glad hander.... the troof talker.... the spin doctor... the speak no evil flatterer... he'll say anything for effect.

The same klown that called a certain enigmatic ASPG the "smartest player" he'd ever coached.

You know he's lying when his lips are moving I do believe.

Glad you're gone, Glenn.

Pud

thank god...for a second I thought you were going to forget to slam rondo in 1 of your posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:
    [
    thank god...for a second I thought you were going to forget to slam rondo in 1 of your posts

[/QUOTE]

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not very smart or classy on Doc's part. 

That said it doesn't mean he wasn't a great coach for many years here. 

He had some rough seasons early on but he was the king of the great play coming after timeout, and he had the perfect touch with our veterans during long seasons. 

We won a ring with him, and that wasn't an accident. The guys played their tails off for him. 

I don't have any hard feelings but then again I am able to make a sepration between guys who can win and guys who have integrity. Doc is lacking in the latter but in the former, he got it done. 

Now he's gone and I think the timing is fine with that also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Docs trying to spotlight whatever success he has with the Clippers, as an epic accomplishment... What a phony grandstander.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

And now blasphemer R9R's contrarian opion:

I don't see what the big deal is. The Lakers are just as storied a franchise as Boston. Of course we all think that Boston is the better franchise, but thats probably not the case if you take into account how dominant the Lakers are in L.A. and how dominant that brand is around the globe. Consider that the Lakers are probably the most profitable franchise in basketball and has had a lot more recent success. Also consider that the Celtics are (arguably) the fourth most popular team in Boston, definitely behind the Sox, Pats and some would argue the Bruins.

That being said, I disagree with him, but I understand that he was making a point and not really commenting about the Celtics. He certainly is not an A Hole and I have no idea how this makes him a bad coach ...

freaking mental midgets on this board. Grow up children. Sports is a business.

The mental midget here is you, what a surprise.

You cant even keep your attention on topic. Doc said the Lakers are the most storied franchise in sports history...

whats that got to do with how dominant the Lakers are in LA?

whats that got to do with how dominant their brand is?

whats that got to do with how profitable their franchise is?

whats that got to do with having more recent success?

Get a clue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Just stop talking Doc! LA Lakers - best franchise in sports history? Really? 

"The risk is all mine," Rivers, 51, said. "To go to an organization that hasn't won but [two] playoff series in their entire history, in a town where the other team is the best franchise in sports history – that's risk. "But the opportunity – for me – gives me life. If we get this right, it will be the story of stories to tell. At this point in my life, the gamble is worth it." Yahoo! Sports

Rumors tagsLOS ANGELES CLIPPERSDOC RIVERSCOACHING  

After reading Docs quote again... I have to ask.. What risk is he talking about?? 

If anything, the risk is on any coach that takes the Lakers coaching job, not the lowly, never won anything Clippers..

Doc just cant help making an ask of himself repeatedly... I bet after a few games into the season, Docs next quote will be CP3 is the smartest basketball player hes ever seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc just cant help making an ask of himself repeatedly... I bet after a few games into the season, Docs next quote will be CP3 is the smartest basketball player hes ever seen.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo used to be the smartest ... only because he reflected the  brilliance of his  superlative, legendary  coach.

Now CP3 gets to bask in that same brilliance.

Advantage CP3.

Stay thirsty, doc!

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Anyway, I see no reason to believe the clippers will be better next year than last year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to CaptnCrunch's comment:

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bp

we absolutely agree on this topic. DOC was a hiderance to development and success. His comments now show him playing psychology with the media in order to build in excuses if(when he fails. What a straight up puzzy. 

I too was a consistent (as opposed to you flip-floppers) critic of Doc for years while he was in Boston.  I was thrilled when the great pretender was traded.  

- Doc was NEVER a proficient game strategy coach. He too often waited too long before correcting obvious vulnerable matchups or unfavorable game dynamics.

- Similiar to the above, Doc managed on court player personnel poorly.  How many times would he suddenly take a hot player out of the game, for no reason (other than get his vet back in?)

- Doc was awful at developing young talent.  Rarely gave them a fair chance to prove themselves.  Talent was often discovered only when one of his vet favorites went down with injury.  No development skills.

- Doc could not control Rondo.  How many times did we see Rondo holding the ball out front ...forever... only to throw up a desparation shot.  Rondo did what he pleased meaning Doc had no control.  

Doc was a mediocre coach at best.  SD will not improve because of Doc.  Good riddance.  Also I was NEVER a fan of Perkins.  He still stinks.  Hopefully Rondo is next to go...then we'll be in good shape with our rebuild.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Not having doc as a coach is one of the main reasons I expect us to exceed most opions of this team. Doc at best,is an average coach that has only had success with excellent players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lakers are technically the winningest franchise. But we were there first. Doc is not slamming the Boston Celtics people. Get over yourselves. I am a diehard fan, but I'm not delusional. What do you expect when the commish is helping your franchise win (Lakers).

Boston did it with odds stacked against us. We are the prouder franchise. And the 1st NBA dynasty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Lakers are technically the winningest franchise. But we were there first. Doc is not slamming the Boston Celtics people. Get over yourselves. I am a diehard fan, but I'm not delusional. What do you expect when the commish is helping your franchise win (Lakers).

Boston did it with odds stacked against us. We are the prouder franchise. And the 1st NBA dynasty.

You certainly wouldn't know it by listening to doc.

My guess is that he would be willing to travel across town if/when the Laker HC job comes open.

Dreams do come true, don't they doc?

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts