He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Lakers are technically the winningest franchise. But we were there first. Doc is not slamming the Boston Celtics people. Get over yourselves. I am a diehard fan, but I'm not delusional. What do you expect when the commish is helping your franchise win (Lakers).

Boston did it with odds stacked against us. We are the prouder franchise. And the 1st NBA dynasty.

And how is he helping the Lakers win?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Referee help in critical games and lop-sided trade approvals do wonders for the Lakers. Thanks Stern!!!These are proven facts, right Tim Donaghy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Referee help in critical games and lop-sided trade approvals do wonders for the Lakers. Thanks Stern!!!These are proven facts, right Tim Donaghy?

If that is the case, then how can you argue the Lakers are the best franchise in sports history? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

If that is the case, then how can you argue the Lakers are the best franchise in sports history? 

Well, I may get hammered on this one but neither the Lakers nor Celtics measure up with the Yankees so best in the Sports business does not hold any water here. And when we are talking about the Lakers, please confirm if we are talking LA or Minnesota? I keep getting those two mixed up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Tim Donaghy would have said anything to stay of of jail.

And please name some lopsided trades

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

- Doc could not control Rondo.  How many times did we see Rondo holding the ball out front ...forever... only to throw up a desparation shot.  Rondo did what he pleased meaning Doc had no control.  

Daddy doc could not control Rondo because their father-son relationship was not only improper but seriously conflicted.

Now we have Brad walking into a minefield trying to establish a more constructive relationship with   this tempermental, some say uncoachable,  ASPG.

And how does  Rondo view his evolving relationship with rookie Coach Stevens?

Consider this recent quote:

"Me and Brad have become best friends," Rondo said. "We talk every day, we laugh and joke, we just had dinner the other night. I'm going to help him, he's going to help me. He has my full support, and I told him from day one when he came to my camp [in Louisville for their first meeting in July], I'm 100 percent behind him."

Anyone see problems brewing?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Not really.  Danny and Stevens will smile and hold Rondo's hand like awkward teenagers so Rondo will behave, cooperate, and play hard... so they can get the maximum value when they trade Rondo in December.  That is their ulterior motive.   

Steven's Butler teams were built on a system of equality and sharing.  He preferred players with consistent all-around games, not role players.  No one player controlled the ball. He really did not have go-to players on offense.  Everybody contributed on an equal basis.  That is why Rondo and Bradley and probably Brooks (if he can't play D) will be short term Celtics.  They have major deficiencies in their game that negatively affect the rest of the team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

so they can get the maximum value when they trade Rondo in December.

you bet, hotshot. shall we mark your words?

bp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

so they can get the maximum value when they trade Rondo in December.

you bet, hotshot. shall we mark your words?

bp

I think you just did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, I may get hammered on this one but neither the Lakers nor Celtics measure up with the Yankees so best in the Sports business does not hold any water here. And when we are talking about the Lakers, please confirm if we are talking LA or Minnesota? I keep getting those two mixed up.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking too.  Yankees, Packers, and yes Celtics are all more storied. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Lakers are technically the winningest franchise. But we were there first. Doc is not slamming the Boston Celtics people. Get over yourselves. I am a diehard fan, but I'm not delusional. What do you expect when the commish is helping your franchise win (Lakers).

Boston did it with odds stacked against us. We are the prouder franchise. And the 1st NBA dynasty

Trying to rewrite history?

Didn't the Lakers win 5 championships in the Fifty's? Wouldn't that make them the first NBA dynasty?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trax. Show Trax's posts

Even Doc knows that Boston WAS a great franchise and the Lakers ARE a great franchise.

1 championship in 27 years means you no longer qualify to be a great franchise.

The UCLA mens basketball was a once great team who is also far off the radar, just as the Celtics are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

But he said "most storied franchise" right?  That's history.  UCLA is by FAR the most storied ncaa team, although Kentucky is considered the greatest overall by most, along with NC, Indiana, KU, and UCLA is in that mix.

Anyway, you think right NOW the lakers are the best sports franchise?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Trax's comment:

Even Doc knows that Boston WAS a great franchise and the Lakers ARE a great franchise.

The UCLA mens basketball was a once great team who is also far off the radar, just as the Celtics are.

"The best franchise in sports history" The key word being "history" meaning past to present day! 

With the above stated, you have to take the Cs past achievements into account!

My issue with Doc is his loyalty? When he came to Bean town he was a mediocre coach at best! When he left he was highly thought of and sought after by other teams! 

Since his departure, it appears he has an axe to grind! His comments about the Perkins trade, his fall out with B. Simmons, and most recently this slight. 

What's Up Doc? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

The Boston Celtics, with Russell as the Center and with Red as the coach, with their winning all those consecutive championships in,  what, 10 out of 11 years, made the game of professional basketball known and popular world wide....it wasn't the Knicks, it wasn't the Lakers, it wasn't Wilt, or Oscar, or anyone else or any other team, it was the Boston Celtics....

For a while, it became the Lakers, but that's because of the Magic/Bird era.....then Kobe/Shaq...Now it's the Heat and Lebron not the Lakers...the Lakers are done.....at least for the time being..

That's the truth of it....

To be honest i think Magic/Bird era made the NBA  popular world wide . But thats just my opinion

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE   ....ok, getting into the Celtics/Lakers comparison......how can the Lakers be seen as superior...?

Celtics......more championships .....better finals winning percentage (by far)

Celtics......better head to head record both regular season and playoffs

Celtics...... dominant vs Lakers in the Finals (9-3 ...total domination)

Celtics......all titles won in the "modern (shot clock era).......Lakers  won five prior to that era (yes, the first dynasty....until the rules changed as did the game and the Lakers fortunes)

Celtics......all titles won in Boston.....Lakers won 5 of 16 in Minneapolis

Lakers......more trips to the Finals....I'll give them that one....but it is also based on coming out of the "other" conference.....no head to head like the Yankees/Red Sox

Celtics.....Red Auerbach and Bill Russell....career Celtics.....Phil...? Wilt...? ...Shaq?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE   ....ok, getting into the Celtics/Lakers comparison......how can the Lakers be seen as superior...?

Celtics......more championships .....better finals winning percentage (by far)

Celtics......better head to head record both regular season and playoffs

Celtics...... dominant vs Lakers in the Finals (9-3 ...total domination)

Celtics......all titles won in the "modern (shot clock era).......Lakers  won five prior to that era (yes, the first dynasty....until the rules changed as did the game and the Lakers fortunes)

Celtics......all titles won in Boston.....Lakers won 5 of 16 in Minneapolis

Lakers......more trips to the Finals....I'll give them that one....but it is also based on coming out of the "other" conference.....no head to head like the Yankees/Red Sox

Celtics.....Red Auerbach and Bill Russell....career Celtics.....Phil...? Wilt...? ...Shaq?

Lakers   ...Best winning percentage in the league against the whole league

Lakers ...  Have only missed the playoffs 6 times in their history

Lakers  ...   Magic , Jerry West , Kobe  and Pat Riley , Chick Hearn

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

ButBut he said all of sports.  Yankees?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

ButBut he said all of sports.  Yankees?

Yes, it is the Yankees. As for the Lakers, again somebody please claify if we are talking Minnesota or LA? I would go to LA for vacation but those crazy snow storms keep me away. WHAT? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Boston Celtics, with Russell as the Center and with Red as the coach, with their winning all those consecutive championships in,  what, 10 out of 11 years, made the game of professional basketball known and popular world wide....it wasn't the Knicks, it wasn't the Lakers, it wasn't Wilt, or Oscar, or anyone else or any other team, it was the Boston Celtics....

For a while, it became the Lakers, but that's because of the Magic/Bird era.....then Kobe/Shaq...Now it's the Heat and Lebron not the Lakers...the Lakers are done.....at least for the time being..

That's the truth of it....

To be honest i think Magic/Bird era made the NBA  popular world wide . But thats just my opinion

[/QUOTE]

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

Boston did it with odds stacked against us. We are the prouder franchise. And the 1st NBA dynasty

Trying to rewrite history?

Didn't the Lakers win 5 championships in the Fifty's? Wouldn't that make them the first NBA dynasty?

The Lakers did, just not the LA Lakers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doc Rivers says Clippers should be better than any team he's coached, including 2008 Celtics

Doc Rivers really hasn't been making many friends around Boston lately, has he? 

Just last week he said that the Lakers were the "best franchise in sports history", causing many Celtics fans to mutter obscenities towards the former Cs coach. 

And now, Doc is once again touting LA > Boston..this time by saying that his Clippers team should be the best team he has ever coached. Yes, even better than the 2008 Celtics. From ESPN LA (h/t Yahoo! for the link)

"They should be better than any team I've ever coached, I really believe that," Rivers said. "They're more athletic. They don't have the veteran IQ but they should be in that area. We have a couple of individual defenders that can be dominating on defense. We have great speed but we don't have the size in some ways as some of the teams I've coached." 

"That's our big three, I like our big three," Rivers said. "I like what DeAndre [Jordan] gives us. He gives us something a lot of the guys in the league can't do. He can block shots, he can run the floor, he can defend, he's talking and he's in the best shape of his career. He's doing a lot of great things for us."

Listen, I get that Doc needs to talk his team up. I really do. 

But this is down right insanity. 

The 2007-08 Celtics were quite possibly the best NBA team since Michael Jordan left the Bulls. They won 66 regular season games with a point differential of +10.3 PPG. That number is the best single season mark by any team since the 1997 Bulls. Better than the '98 Bulls, better than the '00-'02 Lakers, better than any Spurs team, and better than last year's Heat. 

It's important to remember just how dominant the Celtics were from the time the "New Big 3" came together right up until KG's knee injury in February, 2009. Once he got hurt, that dominance was scaled back, but for a season and a half we were watching some historic stuff. 

So expecting any team (minus possibly the Heat, but I'm skeptical even with them) to match the levels the 2008 Celtics reached is asinine. You'd expect someone who had a front row seat to that season to understand that..but apparently not. 

Also putting DeAndre Jordan in any "Big 3" makes that Big 3..um..not that good. He's an explosive big man who can dunk you out of the building and block some shots. But just three months ago the Clippers were desperate to trade him for a 37-year-old Garnett. Now he's a member of their Big 3? Cool story bro.

I still firmly believe that Doc should receive a standing ovation when he returns in December, but the man should probably stop talking for awhile.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Trax's comment:

Not a pimple on the Yankees buttox dude. Live with it.

Sections
Shortcuts