He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: He Said WHAT? Shut-up Doc!!!

Doc Rivers thinks his Clippers ‘should be better than any team I’ve ever coached’

That aint no big 3 Doc!!!! LaLa land must be getting to you!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I don't get all the hate directed at Doc Rivers. Him leaving was the best case scenario for everyone. And the Celtics got an extra #1 pick for letting him go ! 

The guy was perfect for the Big 3 era , but he would have been the wrong guy for the rebuild.

So now he's gone and everyone is trashing the guy ? I don't get it. 

I'm glad he's moved on and found a spot where he can continue his coaching career, and I'm really glad he's not coaching the Celtics this year and holding Olynyk and Faveroni back.

It was the perfect time for Doc Rivers to move on and Ainge made the best of it by getting a #1 pick to let him out of his contract. Plus the Celtics save a bunch of money , I had no idea Doc Rivers was getting paid more than Gregg Popovich !

So how about getting off Doc Rivers back ? What's he supposed to do ? Not say anything ? He is starting out wit ha whole new team in a new city and he has to talk it up, that's his job.

I swear, sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Massachusetts native with the way you people trash everyone after they leave Boston: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOnisDd1IM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I've got no problem with doc or with how he left...but he still needs to be called stupid when he says something that stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I say let the man do his job. His hyping his team is not an insult to those who understand the psychology of professional competition. Everything Doc says is for his franchises benefit(fan interest/support, Players self-esteem, bringing in money through said hype and raised profile by outlandish comments) AS IT SHOULD BE.

Doc is a Don King- level promoter! Ha ha ha! The BEST coaches are also the best salesmen.

Don't take exception and go overboard people. As fun as it is to criticize people...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Let me see, and this is a little bit of an irony, but who do I dislike more, fans who are unhappy when their former beloved coach says some questionable things and take several small digs on his previous team or fans who throw barbs at other fellow fans for throwing barbs at the said previous coach.

I don't care what Doc do going forward, but do I have to like it when he directly or indirectly keeps saying look at me, I am in a so much better place now.  That bleeding green stuff was then, this is now, what I have now is so much better.  Good for him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Let me see, and this is a little bit of an irony, but who do I dislike more, fans who are unhappy when their former beloved coach says some questionable things and take several small digs on his previous team or fans who throw barbs at other fellow fans for throwing barbs at the said previous coach.

I don't care what Doc do going forward, but do I have to like it when he directly or indirectly keeps saying look at me, I am in a so much better place now.  That bleeding green stuff was then, this is now, what I have now is so much better.  Good for him!

Irony continued! 

The Clips public relations dept must be on crack!! 6-months ago the Clips were begging other teams to take D. Jordan and his bloated contract! NOW - he is part of thier Big 3!!!

Really!!! The Clips are what we thought they were! A joke!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

Irony continued! 

The Clips public relations dept must be on crack!! 6-months ago the Clips were begging other teams to take D. Jordan and his bloated contract! NOW - he is part of thier Big 3!!!

Really!!! The Clips are what we thought they were! A joke!! 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't appear that he has enough.  That was why he tried to sabotage the deal and prevented the Celtics from getting more (while still being employed by the team).  But I must be wrong, all he did was doing us a favor by leaving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Super star in the making - what ever you say Doc! At least D. Jordan finally has a nickname "The Sniffer"! 

DeAndre Jordan films himself smelling a woman 

By NICK SCHWARTZ – October 1, 2013

This is how Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan spent the final few hours of his offseason: filming himself smelling a random woman.

Important questions raised by this Vine:

1. What is DeAndre Jordan doing in Ross Dress for Less?

2. What is DeAndre Jordan doing in the *women’s* section of Ross Dress for Less?

3. Does DeAndre Jordan sniff people regularly?

4. Who was the first stranger DeAndre Jordan sniffed, and why?

5. Do DeAndre Jordan’s friends call him “The Sniffer”?

(Thanks to Bob’s Blitz for bringing this to our attention.)

Again, are these the actions of a player ready to take the next step in leadeing their team?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE    

going back to Celtics/Lakers for a moment.....just to break it down to the basics...

these are the two greatest franchises in NBA history.....they are the unquestioned face of the league....the ultimate matchup.....think Russell/Chamberlain....Yankees/Red Sox...Ali/Frasier....

both franchises are without question the epitome of greatness.....BUT......when one team (Celtics) dominates their rival (Lakers) in both the regular seasom and the playoffs....why is there any discussion of who is number one...?

I mean....really...why are we having this discussion....?   ....are the Lakers a better team over the last 13 years...?    ....of course they are.....does free agency have anything to do with that....?  ....absolutely.....but if we are talking historically.....all time.....is this discussion even relevant...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Those were the days! Oh! and Doc was there to witness greatness first hand! 

Larry Bird's 60 Point Game 1985

Thursday, December 6, 2012

by FLCeltsFan   7:40 PM  

Highlights of Larry Bird scoring 60 points on the Hawks in 1985 at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans. Bird's stat line for the game: 22 of 36 FG's, 1 of 4 on 3 pointers, 7 Rebounds, 3 Assists in 43 minutes. This came 9 days after McHale scored 56 points to set a new Celtics scoring record. When McHale came out of that game, Bird told him he should go for 60 and then 9 days later, Bird proved that he should have. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE    

going back to Celtics/Lakers for a moment.....just to break it down to the basics...

these are the two greatest franchises in NBA history.....they are the unquestioned face of the league....the ultimate matchup.....think Russell/Chamberlain....Yankees/Red Sox...Ali/Frasier....

both franchises are without question the epitome of greatness.....BUT......when one team (Celtics) dominates their rival (Lakers) in both the regular seasom and the playoffs....why is there any discussion of who is number one...?

I mean....really...why are we having this discussion....?   ....are the Lakers a better team over the last 13 years...?    ....of course they are.....does free agency have anything to do with that....?  ....absolutely.....but if we are talking historically.....all time.....is this discussion even relevant...?

I think success is more than the just two teams playing against each.

I think its how you performed over the years against the league since the NBA began.

And i think the Lakers have had more success as in having the best winning percentage and only missing the playoffs six times

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE    

And Shaq is the only really big free agent they got , Most of the other players were either drafted or traded for pretty much like the Celtics have done . Like when they traded for Bill Russell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Highlights of Larry Bird scoring 60 points on the Hawks in 1985 at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans. Bird's stat line for the game: 22 of 36 FG's, 1 of 4 on 3 pointers, 7 Rebounds, 3 Assists in 43 minutes. This came 9 days after McHale scored 56 points to set a new Celtics scoring record. When McHale came out of that game, Bird told him he should go for 60 and then 9 days later, Bird proved that he should have. 

If I remember correctly LB also had a couple of 3pters that he made that did not count for different reasons.  Thank goodness for those huge dishes We had in the back yard.  I bet I didn't miss two of Larry's games over his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I don't get all the hate directed at Doc Rivers. Him leaving was the best case scenario for everyone. And the Celtics got an extra #1 pick for letting him go ! 

The guy was perfect for the Big 3 era , but he would have been the wrong guy for the rebuild.

So now he's gone and everyone is trashing the guy ? I don't get it. 

I'm glad he's moved on and found a spot where he can continue his coaching career, and I'm really glad he's not coaching the Celtics this year and holding Olynyk and Faveroni back.

It was the perfect time for Doc Rivers to move on and Ainge made the best of it by getting a #1 pick to let him out of his contract. Plus the Celtics save a bunch of money , I had no idea Doc Rivers was getting paid more than Gregg Popovich !

So how about getting off Doc Rivers back ? What's he supposed to do ? Not say anything ? He is starting out wit ha whole new team in a new city and he has to talk it up, that's his job.

I swear, sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Massachusetts native with the way you people trash everyone after they leave Boston: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOnisDd1IM

Screw you for leaving...haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

If I remember correctly LB also had a couple of 3pters that he made that did not count for different reasons.  Thank goodness for those huge dishes We had in the back yard.  I bet I didn't miss two of Larry's games over his career.

[/QUOTE]

Good memory - they actually show that play in the highlight video - click on the link in the post above! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

"Doc didn't want DeAndre Jordan trade"

More weasel words from doc....... he didn't want to trade DeAndre for KG!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9773645/doc-rivers-claims-want-deandre-jordan-traded-kevin-garnett

Anybody seen doc lately?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Doc Rivers thinks his Clippers ‘should be better than any team I’ve ever coached’

What a damn fraud, DOC is. Well, I guess this only means we can't believe anything he EVER said even while coaching the Celtics. Hmmmmm, that covers a lot of BS over the years. Simply one of the worst fakers and frauds of our time. Sad.................HEY DOC, I got your UBUNTU right here, bych!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE     it's true the Lakers have the best record vs. the league.....but they have a losing record vs. Boston.....and they have an embarrasing record vs. Boston in the Finals....

It's not just about playing one team...?  ....ok then how about the Lakers Finals' winning percentage of .516 vs. Bostons .809.....

it's true that the Lakers have more Finals appearances...but once again they are pretty much a .500 team once they get there....and they play in a different conference....it's not like the Yankees and their dominance in the East as compared to Boston.....take a look at history and you will find that the Eastern Conference holds the edge all time in the Finals....I believe the numbers currently are East 36/West 27.....and it only got closer beginning in 2000 when the West went on a 9-5 run...

Go back prior to the shot clock era....that is when the West began to dominate....once the rules were changed the East completely took over.....that was the year that Mikan made the decision to retire mainly because he could not play the "new game"

the Lakers are a great and storied franchise and they do hold the upper hand since 2000.....but Boston dominated from the late 50's through the late 70's....it was a dogfight during the 80's....neither team won during the 90's.....all I am saying is that, in my opinion, the Celtics hold the upper hand and should be considered #1 overall....and yes, I am a diehard Celtic fan....take it for what it's worth....we all have our own opinions...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9773645/doc-rivers-claims-want-deandre-jordan-traded-kevin-garnett

Anybody seen doc lately?

Pud

So he is admitting that he was pulling the strings for the Clippers before he was traded and still being the head coach of the Celtics?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody seen doc lately?

Pud

So he is admitting that he was pulling the strings for the Clippers before he was traded and still being the head coach of the Celtics?

[/QUOTE]In a very confusing sort of way... he may have been pulling some strings... but he was in a crazy fog or something and who knows... but now he's glad to make it crystal clear that he is very happy that DJordan is a member of his awsome Clip team... and always wanted DJordan... and actually he always wanted both KG and DJordan.

What a weasel.

Pud

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [

So if Danny wanted DeAndre and Doc wants DeAndre, Danny and Doc are saying the same thing, that they both want DeAndre!

[/QUOTE]

Someone here still has hopes that his fav doc will return to his coaching job in Beantown.

To quote FUNGUS.... "Doc can still come back!"

As usual, FUNGUS is right on the money!

Pud

25. This post has been removed.