HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR!

In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : SHAQ is not retiring!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Shaq is now this year's Sheed.
    Draw your own conclusions

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]Examiner.com Portland Trail Blazers fans have been on the fence over Greg Oden for a long time, attempting to balance their anger over his constant injuries and their emotional connection to a man who desperately wants to make them happy. On Thursday, Oden's agent said that the former no. 1 overall pick would be healthy and prepared to perform in the 2011-12 season. Mike Conley, Oden's agent, said that he expects Oden will be ready to go. "I know that he'll play next year, and as long as he keeps his weight down, he'll get back to being the Greg we knew, being able to run and jump and everything. The thing is keeping him healthy and give him the confidence to play without being scared." "I think there will be offer sheets on him and he'll have an opportunity to earn more at Portland, or if Portland doesn't want to match it, he can play somewhere else. I know there will be some teams interested," Conley told the www.indystar.com/article/20110505/SPORTS04/105050384/Notebook-Oden-will-back-Greg-we-knew-agent-says " /> Indianapolis Star . Oden sat out the entire 2010-11 season after undergoing microfracture surgery just weeks before he was expected to return from his devastating December 2009 injury. In all, Oden has played the equivalent of one full NBA season (82 games) over his 4-year professional career after being drafted first overall by Portland in the 2007 draft.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

That is what is agent said.  Of course his agent said he will be healthy and ready to go.  That's his job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I don't believe we have the cap space for Oden as we will only have mid-level to offer. I think we have a better shot with the Oneals and hope one is healthy. Try and draft a yound center or work a trade and let him develop over the year if that is possible on a doc Rivers team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

if you think pierce will be 6th man
    YOUR CRAZY...
    i doubt a player of pierce's talent or EGO would ever let this happen..
    pierce wont do this...
    and i wouldnt want him to do this!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : That is what is agent said.  Of course his agent said he will be healthy and ready to go.  That's his job.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

No way!!  You mean agents (or lawyers) give their clients the benefit of the doubt?Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe we have the cap space for Oden as we will only have mid-level to offer. I think we have a better shot with the Oneals and hope one is healthy. Try and draft a yound center or work a trade and let him develop over the year if that is possible on a doc Rivers team.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]y not give him the mid-level exception? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't you learned your lesson yet with beat up big men?  Oden is not going to have a productive NBA career. I love the guy but it's not happening. oden will NOT be on our team. Shaq will likely not be back, if he is back, will you put any trust in him?  I'd appreciate it if before you made any more predictions on this board you could acknowledge that your predictions about this year involving Shaq's integral role in getting us another ring, Shaq this, Shaq that, Shaq is coming back when, etc WERE TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]i was WRONG on shaq this year but not TOTALLY and UTTERLY!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]if you think pierce will be 6th man YOUR CRAZY... i doubt a player of pierce's talent or EGO would ever let this happen.. pierce wont do this... and i wouldnt want him to do this!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]u dont read the tea leaves. i have been speculating on this for a while now. danny ainge also threw it out there yesterday during his interview with eei as a direction they may go. sure sounded like he and doc had actively discussed this before. danny doesnt just casually  stuff like that out there with no possible substance behind it. i personally think we are a better team with green starting at the 3 and paul coming in for 35 minutes a game at the 4, 2, and 3 and closing games at the 1. pp can do it all, his talents on this team help us off the bench most. about the team. manu ginibili has done it, kevin mchale was diminished for doing it? was havlicek? come in dude! its about the minutes and who is closing the games and halves. this will also free pp from having to defend a bron for 30 minutes a game. green is in a better position to do that and still score consistently than a pp. green will average 18 as a starter. pp will go for 20 off the bench where scoring will be his top duty!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : u dont read the tea leaves. i have been speculating on this for a while now. danny ainge also threw it out there yesterday during his interview with eei as a direction they may go. sure sounded like he and doc had actively discussed this before. danny doesnt just casually  stuff like that out there with no possible substance behind it. i personally think we are a better team with green starting at the 3 and paul coming in for 35 minutes a game at the 4, 2, and 3 and closing games at the 1. pp can do it all, his talents on this team help us off the bench most. about the team. manu ginibili has done it, kevin mchale was diminished for doing it? was havlicek? come in dude! its about the minutes and who is closing the games and halves. this will also free pp from having to defend a bron for 30 minutes a game. green is in a better position to do that and still score consistently than a pp. green will average 18 as a starter. pp will go for 20 off the bench where scoring will be his top duty!

Holley called Danny out on Green's role and maybe Paul coming off the bench.

When called on it - Danny said he was just throwing out hypotheticals in terms of developing Green's role.

Paul would have a giant BM in his pants all day every day if he was forced to come off the bench.  Paul has a giant chip on his shoulder that he never seems to get first team all NBA, I think he is very immature and on the surface would say all the right things but I don't think it would play out too well.  He sees himself as a top 10 player in the league, he doesn't see himself coming off the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : Holley called Danny out on Green's role and maybe Paul coming off the bench. When called on it - Danny said he was just throwing out hypotheticals in terms of developing Green's role. Paul would have a giant BM in his pants all day every day if he was forced to come off the bench.  Paul has a giant chip on his shoulder that he never seems to get first team all NBA, I think he is very immature and on the surface would say all the right things but I don't think it would play out too well.  He sees himself as a top 10 player in the league, he doesn't see himself coming off the bench.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]i couldnt disagree with u more. pp is a vet. i get the feeling they have already discussed this with him and he's open to it. once he's playing 30-35, we're winning and getting his touches he will be good. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : i couldnt disagree with u more. pp is a vet. i get the feeling they have already discussed this with him and he's open to it. once he's playing 30-35, we're winning and getting his touches he will be good. 

We agree to disagree, I believe Pierce is immature - only he would declare that he was the best in the world after becoming the finalist MVP when he is probably not even in the top 20 players in the league, but I don't want to discuss that.

Let's start discussing this scary idea.......  with Shaq the Cs had one of the best defenses in the league, a very efficient offense, and the best record in the east.  Then Shaq got hurt and they went 500 for the remainder of the season, to me that means they are a 500 team next year.  If with Shaq they were 33 and 10, what happens when there is no Shaq and nobody else for that matter.  I think the Cs absent a huge steal in the draft that turns into an immediate star at center, they are a 500 team.  Unless of course, they play a 40 game season and get into the playoffs and with their experience steal a (tainted) title.  I think 500 is a great accomplishment next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I would mind Shaq on the bench and use him late in the season as a role player. I see somekind of move for a ligit bif on the horizon,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joelabarb2. Show joelabarb2's posts

After Perk was booted for a lesser J. Green, I don't trust Ainge. (Kevin Mchale made the KG trade happen, not Ainge).  Good idea about Oden, I was thinking of him at low money w/ high risk.  But, DO NOT INSULT ONE OF THE GREATEST CELTICS IN HISTORY -- PAUL PIERCE -- BY MAKING HIM A SIXTH MAN!!!!!!!  PP HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO DICTATE TO THEM WHEN HE IS READY TO BE A SIXTH MAN!!!!! 
    In fact, I'd fire Ainge just for suggesting it, if I were the owners.  I'll never go to another game again if they dis The Truth like that.  OKC will be my new team!  Well, maybe not, Celts are in my blood and DNA.  But I'll be rippin' mad!!!!!
    Rondo was magnificent for playing thru that horrific injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]After Perk was booted for a lesser J. Green, I don't trust Ainge. (Kevin Mchale made the KG trade happen, not Ainge).  Good idea about Oden, I was thinking of him at low money w/ high risk.  But, DO NOT INSULT ONE OF THE GREATEST CELTICS IN HISTORY -- PAUL PIERCE -- BY MAKING HIM A SIXTH MAN!!!!!!!  PP HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO DICTATE TO THEM WHEN HE IS READY TO BE A SIXTH MAN!!!!!  In fact, I'd fire Ainge just for suggesting it, if I were the owners.  I'll never go to another game again if they dis The Truth like that.  OKC will be my new team!  Well, maybe not, Celts are in my blood and DNA.  But I'll be rippin' mad!!!!! Rondo was magnificent for playing thru that horrific injury.
    Posted by joelabarb2[/QUOTE]do u listen to the bs oozing thru your mouth and coming outta ur hands? did mchale NOT come off the bench while backing up the not-so-immortal cedrick maxwell? did hondo not become a respected a hof'r doing it? is ginobili not a respected a player? jamaal crawford? it is not a diss. like asking a starter to become a closer in baseball. was papelbon insulted? or dave righetti or all-star eckersley? its about filling key needs for the TEAM?

also its laughable to say kevin made the trade himself. u dont think that danny having proven youngies all trained and ready to go had anything to do with it? plus keeping the communications channel open? dont let ur hateration complicate ur facts. soon msnbc or fox will want to hire you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

Now is the best time to take a gamble on Greg Oden.  We have nothing to lose and everything to gain in such a trade. Sign and trade Kristic for him.  The worst thing that can happen is that Oden will be injury-plagued for the rest of his career and Kristic becomes a career backup center.

As Dudder pointed out, we are a 0.500 team without Shaq anyway and the Big Aristotle is on his way out. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

As fragile as he has been he will still get more then the mid level exemption,
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HEALTHY GREG ODEN, PP AS SIXTH MAN +JUMP-SHOOTING RONDO= RING NEXT YEAR! : y not give him the mid-level exception? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Oden is not the answer. I would take a flyer on him as the 12th man; however, by Oden's own admission he needs several months before he can even start working out on the court. I read an interview where he said that the soonest he could be ready to TRY playing basketball would be by year end, and that's is if everything goes right. It appeared that the most likely scenario was a February/March return. Even then, he will need to get his game conditioning back. I would love to see him come here and prove the doubters wrong, myself included, but I am still a doubter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Say no to Oden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Oden is not the answer. I would take a flyer on him as the 12th man; however, by Oden's own admission he needs several months before he can even start working out on the court. I read an interview where he said that the soonest he could be ready to TRY playing basketball would be by year end, and that's is if everything goes right. It appeared that the most likely scenario was a February/March return. Even then, he will need to get his game conditioning back. I would love to see him come here and prove the doubters wrong, myself included, but I am still a doubter.
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]i didnt know this. if thats the case, celts should only offer him a conditional minimal deal as the cavs did with leon powe. then again, they may as well just sign leon powe and te;; oden they will be interested in a deal if he can play. minimum for this year and a team option of 3m for the following one. still, if we can get a dalembert, we should. no more risks on health. no more speculative risk on guys on when they may play. went thru that with both shaq and perk last year. also the risk of how good will he be once he can play. seeing that with perk now. will take him about 6 months or half the year to get back up to par. too much risk in my view esp if he wants a lot of money. let someone else take that flyer . would stink if its miami or the bulls or the knicks but it is what it is. 

Sections
Shortcuts