Heart, Grit, Togetherness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Heart, Grit, Togetherness

Heart. Grit. Togetherness.

These are values that are immeasureable. These are values that are near impossible to judge. Just like its difficult to judge the effect that tangibles have on a game. Just look at the Red Sox.

I understand that this team is in the very infancy of this new season. But after hearing the voice of this new coach and understanding the range and depth of skill that our roster holds makes me a little bit more optimistic about our upcomming season.

Now haters gunna hate, and I know well enough that we are far away from enough data to make definitive conclusions, but I kind of want to go out on a limb and re-adjust my W/L predictions. Something about this team makes me think that we could be the sixers from a few years back. Remember that young, fast, exciting and ultimately too inexperienced Sixers team with Holiday, Turner, Hawes, Igoudala, Brand, and Young? That team was suprising good for how young they were. One could argue that the Celtics have the same amount of talent now that that team had (including no real Center). That team was scary good. That team gritted it out in the regular season and made it to game seven again the Celtics a game away from the ECF against Miami.

I think Steven will inspire grit and they'll find a way to win. I think the sneakily become the Sixers from '11 -'12

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Heart, Grit, Togetherness

Damn, R9R!

Talk about confused! After spending the entire off season lamenting about how poor the Celtics were gonna be without your hero and how tanking was the strategy of choice, you change direction and say the Celtics are a winning team?

Your youth and immaturity is proven by your emotionally influenced logic. Your excitement over the start of training camp and willingness to let it change your mind wreaks of a kids mentality. Did you get your giant foam Celtics #1 hand yet???  Wait! Are you trying to say now that the Celtics will now NOT need your namesake? Maybe youve hit puberty and your hormones are all out of whack. i predict a resulting disbanding of the Rondo Brotherhood being that you, the COO, are minimizing his absence finally. Hurray!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I have to question the "emotional intelligence" of this post!  LOL.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I have to question the "emotional intelligence" of this post!  LOL.  

LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trax. Show Trax's posts

Maybe Boston will be better then some expect.

They could finish 8th or 9th in the East and get a draft pick at about #15.

They should change their name to the Boston Mediocre's.

This team is going nowhere fast.

Boston has become the Milwaukee Bucks.

Just blah, no excitement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well, at least the Clips will give LA fans some excitement!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Listen we are NOT the Milwakee bucks. That is a badly run organization in a place that REALLY cannot attract free agents.

This is the Celtics. You can argue that we're not in climates like LA or Miami, but we have the legacy, the sports fans, the money, the organization and a city atmosphere to attract free agents. 

Danny will be in a position after this year to trade for a blue chipper or sign an impact free agent. We are not the Bucks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Heart. Grit. Togetherness.

These are values that are immeasureable. These are values that are near impossible to judge. Just like its difficult to judge the effect that tangibles have on a game. Just look at the Red Sox.

I understand that this team is in the very infancy of this new season. But after hearing the voice of this new coach and understanding the range and depth of skill that our roster holds makes me a little bit more optimistic about our upcomming season.

Now haters gunna hate, and I know well enough that we are far away from enough data to make definitive conclusions, but I kind of want to go out on a limb and re-adjust my W/L predictions. Something about this team makes me think that we could be the sixers from a few years back. Remember that young, fast, exciting and ultimately too inexperienced Sixers team with Holiday, Turner, Hawes, Igoudala, Brand, and Young? That team was suprising good for how young they were. One could argue that the Celtics have the same amount of talent now that that team had (including no real Center). That team was scary good. That team gritted it out in the regular season and made it to game seven again the Celtics a game away from the ECF against Miami.

I think Steven will inspire grit and they'll find a way to win. I think the sneakily become the Sixers from '11 -'12

Yea.... that team had the ever exciting ASPG Jrue  Holiday. 

Swap Rondo for Holiday... and we're on our way.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In a word, UBUNTU!!!!! sniff, sniff, whimper, sniff......

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In the spirit of cooperation and brotherhood, I'll take one for the team and lick Miley's crotch detritus and residue (hopefully both) off the finger before you present it.  Its all about TeamWork.    

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

so jets, wnhat tnhe fnuck ins unbuntu?

bp

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

it's hard to effectively crack wise if you appear to be a dumbazz, jetsssucc. like it or not, that's how you come off if you cannot be bothered with properly spelling key words in your posts. 

bp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Bp, you know that I love you, but tough love is in order after that uncalled for remark.

jets is one of our more entertaining posters on this board.  He injects a sense of humor, frivolity and creativity, a very welcome change from that conflict oriented immature baiting fungal crap that once dominated this board and drove good posters away.  Fortuneately the turd is now ignored by many on the board and its driving the attention queen crazy.  but I diverge from the point...  

We all have our place and contribution to this board. Yours can be spellchecker?   

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's hard to effectively crack wise if you appear to be a dumbazz, jetsssucc. like it or not, that's how you come off if you cannot be bothered with properly spelling key words in your posts. 

bp

Yo BP! Come on now.....Jetsssuccs is a trip. He keeps it light. He breaks the tension and brings the point home in a not so subtle way. He's my BOI!  Learn to love him man. it aint hard to do......afterall, what the hell was UMBOOTY anyway?

Sections
Shortcuts