Heat finding out how it feels having Ray on defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Heat finding out how it feels having Ray on defense

This is pathetic.

You tell us to stop posting about Ray and get over it but are obessed by your own hate on Ray.

Starting threads and posting how much Ray would have hurt us in every thread is just laughable.

Even more if you look at the numbers, not even the season but just last game:

Ray: 4-6 Fg, 2-4 threes, 3 Assists and a +/- of 0 in a loss.

Terry: 0-3 Fg, 0-1 threes, 2 Assist and a +/- of -8 in a win

AUTCH!

Miami's struggles have nothing to do with:

a) Bosh forget how to rebound: only 1 (!) board tonight and a +/- of -11.

b)Wade going for 5-11 Fg and 0-3 Fts and a +/- of 6 .

c)Miami getting outrebounded 23-40

...no, or course not, it is all Ray!

Let me tell you the truth:

Actually Bosh and Wade lost the game for Miami and James surrounded by benchplayers (INCLUDING Ray) brought them back into it.

On top: Do you really think that Rays defense would be worse than in last years playoffs when he was hurt? He was decent at the defense end (just check the number of his opponents) and was above average for his position at the boards (again: just check the numbers) - Do you think Terry can match this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

With 2 minutes left and the Heat trailing by 6, Ray pushes Hayward out of bounds and Hayward goes to the FT line. For those who didn't see the game, that was costly because it was from an inbound pass and Hayward in no position to score.

Then 40 seconds remaining and the Heat trailing by 5, Hayward isolated with Ray at that top of the key. Hayward drives right, Ray tries to keep up, Hayward dribbles it behind his back, Ray disappears from the picture, Hayward knocks down the jumper Paul Pierce style.

Game over!

B I N G O !!!   AND thats why we really don't miss RAY, and thats from day one !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Terry was Ray's replacement.

Ray was and is a better offensive player than Terry

Ray was and is also a better defensive player than Terry too.  Ray is bad, but Terry may be the worst defensive SG in the NBA.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Ray was and is also a better defensive player than Terry too.  Ray is bad, but Terry may be the worst defensive SG in the NBA.

You are right on about our need for a big man.  Ray was a terrible defender and Terry while not great is better.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think Lee might have been Ray's replacement too. Lee is a much, much better defensive player than Allen.

Rondo, Bradley, Lee.  Allen and Terry don't play over any of those guys at this point in thier career.  The Heat would take Bradley or Lee over Allen in a heartbeat. No question.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bustu. Show bustu's posts

Ray is the one of the finest player ever played this game.  Also great human being. Without him there was no 17th title! Pl. don't forget that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Lee might have been Ray's replacement too. Lee is a much, much better defensive player than Allen.

Rondo, Bradley, Lee.  Allen and Terry don't play over any of those guys at this point in thier career.  The Heat would take Bradley or Lee over Allen in a heartbeat. No question.

[/QUOTE The Heat wanted Ray because when he is in the game he must be guarded, his man won't leave him to help out on LeBron. That wouldn't be true with Lee and Bradley!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE The Heat wanted Ray because when he is in the game he must be guarded, his man won't leave him to help out on LeBron. That wouldn't be true with Lee and Bradley!!

The opposing SG would be guarded all the time when Bradley or Lee is in the game. That wouldn't be true with Ray Allen.

Is that why you think the Heat wanted Ray?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

The opposing SG would be guarded all the time when Bradley or Lee is in the game. That wouldn't be true with Ray Allen.

I think the Heat just wanted to break up the Celtics. 

Why would the Heat add another shooter when they already have Chalmers, Battier, Mike Miller, and James Jones. All of them can't be left open as they will make you pay. And all of them can't play together at the same time. 

Because maybe Riley knew DWade wasn't the player he used to be and needed Ray to help ease the drop off!!  I for one am glad the Heat didn't go after Lee!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

I think the Heat just wanted to break up the Celtics. 

Why would the Heat add another shooter when they already have Chalmers, Battier, Mike Miller, and James Jones. All of them can't be left open as they will make you pay. And all of them can't play together at the same time. 

Because maybe Riley knew DWade wasn't the player he used to be and needed Ray to help ease the drop off!!  I for one am glad the Heat didn't go after Lee!!

Lee would've provided the Heat with offense and defense.

Not enough to off set Ray's spreading the floor capabilities!  Lee's man would have just helped out on LeBron!!  Ray's man knows he can't help out on James!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

If you dont think you have to guard Lee and esp Bradley you dont really know much about basketball...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you dont think you have to guard Lee and esp Bradley you dont really know much about basketball...

Not worth explaining, you wouldn't get it!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This is really getting laughable.

Ray won already more games for Miami this year than Terry and Lee combined for us. With him instead of Terry our record would be much better. The Heat get exactly what they wanted in Ray.

The recent troubles of the Heat are cause Bosh and Wade are not playing well. Bosh can't get a rebound to save his life (wasn't it you Fierce who claimed the Heat have a legit big?). Wade seems to go the KG, PP route of not beeing able to bring it every night any more.

Oh, I forgot, that is all Ray's fault as well...That Sullinger rebounds the ball well is also just because of the great Terry. With Ray Sully couldn't bring it right?

This is not even worth a discussion, you are just haters.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to bustu's comment:

Ray is the one of the finest player ever played this game.  Also great human being. Without him there was no 17th title! Pl. don't forget that!

Yep he was a class act last year.  Internal turmoil on our team last year.  Hear the Heat are having internal turmoil this year.  I wonder if the Heats have anything to do with Ray?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

This is really getting laughable.

Ray won already more games for Miami this year than Terry and Lee combined for us. With him instead of Terry our record would be much better. The Heat get exactly what they wanted in Ray.

So you only count hitting a shot at the end  as winning a game?   The other 47 minutes don't count for anything?  Your right, the Heat got exactly what they wanted it Ray.  I doubt that they are dissapointed in him overall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

So you only count hitting a shot at the end  as winning a game?   The other 47 minutes don't count for anything?  Your right, the Heat got exactly what they wanted it Ray.  I doubt that they are dissapointed in him overall.

No I don't! Actually it is hard to find any contribution of Lee and Terry on the offensive end this season. Shall I post the numbers of Terry and Lee again and compare them to Ray's?
    There is no denial: Ray was better than Terry (and Lee) so far this season. I'm not saying that Ray is the player he used to be, but I don't like to hate on him either.

To claim that last year or this year either one of Lee and Terry have been better than Ray is wrong. To claim Terry's D is better than Ray's is also wrong. And the ball handling skills of Terry seems to be not that much better than Ray's either. He was horrible as a Rondo Backup.

What I dislike the most:

Everything is Ray's fault according to the haters. Bosh can't rebound anymore --> Ray's fault. Wade getting old --> Ray's fault. We are not last in rebounds anymore (for ONE freaking game) but only second from the bottom --> Just because Ray is gone. The latter is even more crazy as Ray is a better rebounder than Terry. Did I forget anything?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Do you really think the Heat would rather have Ray Allen over Bradley?  Or even Lee?

Nope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

EXACTLY!!!

Sections
Shortcuts