2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Heat finding out how it feels having Ray on defense

Hayward is another nice player.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Some people don't understand that if Ray is still with the Celtics, it will be Ray instead of Bradley in the game in the last 5 minutes of the game. No coach will bench Ray in the last 5 minutes of the game. Right now the Heat are finding out how it feels having Ray on defense.

It's not just Doc who won't sit Ray on the bench. Even the Heat can't sit Ray on the bench. When Ray is out there it would be playing 4 vs. 5.

The Heat trailed by as many as 21 points in the 3rd qtr. There was no answer for Al Jefferson. When the Jazz were on their heels and Al Jefferson couldn't score anymore in the 4th, the Jazz turned to Hayward who was being guarded by Ray.

Also, the Heat only had 23 total rebounds the whole game and had 0 2nd chance points.

The teams that are taking care of the Heat this year are the teams with bigs.  That is why we need to add one more quality big player.  We would need him against the Bulls as well as they are loaded with bigs. Not as many as last year but still are physical.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Hey fierce, same thoughts, you beat me by a minute or two.

Yeah, Ray's D is the Heat's problem now. Glad to have passed that on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

As usual, people around here tend to go off the deep end a lil too early. This Celtic team may take a while to gel with all the new pieces but by seasons end, (with a healthy Bradley) we will have long forgotten about Ray Allen and embraced his resurgent replacements Mr's Lee and Terry. Don't forget that with a full 82 game schedule, the depth on this team will really show as the season progresses. Much like I had to talk Patriot nation off the ledge after the 1st 5 games of the season, I must now be the voice of reason amoungst a crew ready for mutiny......

Looks to me like we are doing a pretty good job gelling right now.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Imagine Ray's defense in 2 more years.  Yikes.    Of course he will still be hitting 3's

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

My opinion; if Avery Bradley had been healthy last year the Celtics would have won the NBA title. 

At this point the Celtics should end up being a better team than the team (healthy Bradley, Allen with the Celtics) which easily could have won the title.  Downside is another year on Pierce and KG. Upside is an improved roster with the emergance recently of Green and Sullinger, Lee, and Terry. I don't think Allen is missed at all, he was a wash bordering on a liability last year, and I'm sure the vast majority of Celtics fans wanted Bradley on the floor as much as possible. 

Too bad about Brandon Bass, but he was starting last year as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Heat can have him

by the way Dalembert gives Bosch fits

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I also think it's a blessing Ray left for South Beach

It's obvious now that Avery Bradley was not a mirage , he is the 2nd best/most important player on the team behind Rondo

And if nothing else, Terry, Lee and Barbosa are 3 very attractive assets to have this time of the year.

The Barbosa Card is the one that intrigues me the most. He has major value at minimum wage and might be the asset that closes a blockbuster deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The teams that are taking care of the Heat this year are the teams with bigs.  That is why we need to add one more quality big player.  We would need him against the Bulls as well as they are loaded with bigs. Not as many as last year but still are physical."

Agreed -though keep in mind that Rondo/Bradley will also cause serious matchup issues for the Heat on the small/speedier side, and they can't counter as well with Wade if he is gimped up. 

"I also think it's a blessing Ray left for South Beach

"It's obvious now that Avery Bradley was not a mirage , he is the 2nd best/most important player on the team behind Rondo"

most important could still be Garnett but get your point. All those whining about Ray forget that Ray left because he didn't like coming off the bench for Bradley. No question Bradley deserves to start. 

"And if nothing else, Terry, Lee and Barbosa are 3 very attractive assets to have this time of the year.

The Barbosa Card is the one that intrigues me the most. He has major value at minimum wage and might be the asset that closes a blockbuster deal."

True - Barbosa could have real value to a contending team. I don't think our asssets are enough for a blockbuster but we don't need a blockbuster, just a very good big. 

Fierce as you know I agree with you on Ray Allen but if we are asking those who are feeling sorry for themselves Ray is not on the team to stop posting their crud we should stop posting on Ray Allen also....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I'm so glad Allen is gone. Can you imagine him pouting for the past few weeks when Avery returned. In Ray's world it's all about Ray. Good luck trying to get your shot off against Avery in 12 days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Will Ray or Wade hurt Bradley in the playoffs???

Both will have vendetta's against him - Ray for taking his job, and Wade for his how -dare -you- not -be -afraid -of -me- I'm- DWade attitude!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Will Ray or Wade hurt Bradley in the playoffs???

Both will have vendetta's against him - Ray for taking his job, and Wade for his how -dare -you- not -be -afraid -of -me- I'm- DWade attitude!!!!

Bradley is no pencil necked geek.  He would break Ray in half.  Wade is a thug however.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yep, the Heat are going to find out just how much of a liability RA is on defense.

AB has changed the makeup of the team. Now everyone is in their correct role and playing it well.

Sections
Shortcuts