HEAT game is on Doc!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

HEAT game is on Doc!

Sorry but I know we didn't have KG but come on you CANNOT blow a 13 pt lead AND A 17 pt lead.

I put this type of game solely in Doc's hands. All the turnovers didn't help but with those types of leads you have to win those games.

Jeff Green's coming out party...WOW! Pierce cannot get around anyone anymore so he takes a fadeaway 3...okkkkkk!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Re: HEAT game is on Doc!

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Sorry but I know we didn't have KG but come on you CANNOT blow a 13 pt lead AND A 17 pt lead.

I put this type of game solely in Doc's hands. All the turnovers didn't help but with those types of leads you have to win those games.

Jeff Green's coming out party...WOW! Pierce cannot get around anyone anymore so he takes a fadeaway 3...okkkkkk!

i agree. it will be a shame if Green goes back to coming off the bench. too bad Doc had to learn the hard way to start Green. would have been a good time when we had the leads to play our new bigs for a few minutes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's easy to blame the coach, and he did keep Green on the bench too long in the fourth quarter for my liking. But putting the loss solely on Doc is nonsense.

The C's took some terrible shots in the final three minutes. They went 15-of-24 from the foul line, including 3-of-6 from the normally automatic Captain. They had 20 turnovers, seven by the Captain. And Miami has the world's greatest player.

Those are the four main reasons why last night went as it did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

It's easy to blame the coach, and he did keep Green on the bench too long in the fourth quarter for my liking. But putting the loss solely on Doc is nonsense.

The C's took some terrible shots in the final three minutes. They went 15-of-24 from the foul line, including 3-of-6 from the normally automatic Captain. And Miami has the world's greatest player.

Those are the three main reasons why it went as it did.

To not start Green at this point would show Doc is not being mindful of how to best manage Green at this point. Green needs to get the touches in future games that he got last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The C's took some terrible shots in the final three minutes. They went 15-of-24 from the foul line, including 3-of-6 from the normally automatic Captain. And Miami has the world's greatest player.

To not start Green at this point would show Doc is not being mindful of how to best manage Green at this point. Green needs to get the touches in future games that he got last night.

I'm not against him starting, but fans overrate the hell out of starting. Jeff Green played 40 minutes last night, one more than Paul Pierce. If he gets those minutes, what difference does it make?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Green is not going to start. Not this year. Just like Harden didn't start for the Thunder. Just like Kevin Mchale didn't start for us at first. He will be a weapon off the bench He will play starters minutes. but he won't start. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I'm not against him starting, but fans overrate the hell out of starting. Jeff Green played 40 minutes last night, one more than Paul Pierce. If he gets those minutes, what difference does it make?

If he doesn't start he won't get 40 minutes.  Starting might be important to Green,  consider he has  started three times and been off the charts in two of those games.  If the ball had gone to Green and he had not been out so long in the fourth period we would have won.  He needs minutes because Pierce, Garnett and now Green are our best players by far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Game lost was a combo of some bad luck too. Celtics of Bird, McHale & Parish era when up by 17 would have scored another 17 in the 2nd half. Our lead should have been sufficient inspite of 20 turnovers and missing 9 foul shots. Losing reb battle of 39 to 33 meant 6 more 2nd chances. Why Randolph didn't play when he got 8 rebs the other night is an enigma especially since Wilcox had Heat players driving by him. I know LeBron is tough to stop but put a 7 footer in front of  him to maybe draw a charge or arms up to disrupt his shots.

The key was we were up by 10 at the 7 min mark, 96-86 !!! I think they got a 3 and it was up by 7 and we had the ball and I forgot whom, Lee or Crawford, going up court dribbling the ball went off a foot and it was converted into a dunk so lead now 5. Here's where they were a bit lucky, Lebron was 1 for 4 in 3s, but hit his 1 when we were ahead  by 1-2 pts, I forgot, and they went ahead. I reiterate, the momentum changes when up by 7 with about 5 min left and ball goes off the leg of one of our dribblers & converts into an easy dunk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

BirdLewsBias,

I'm sorry, too. But to blame Doc for the loss is just nonsense.

Doc did as good job yesterday as any of the 8 Celtics. He took timely timeouts, he kept the team on the edge. Was he perfect - of course not. As all of those 8 Celtics.

Speaking of which. PP took a very doable 3-pointer, he'd probably make 60-70% of those. He had balls to go all-in. Unfortunately he lost.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think it is fair game to question Doc management of the game, if you have legitimate criticism, why can't you voice it here?  For me, why take Green out with about 8 minutes left in the game with 8-10 points lead and waited so long to bring him back in at 3 minutes left in the 4th?  By then we were down a few points and LeBron just had his way all those minutes that Green was out.  If Green needs to play less minutes, he should have been sitting when LeBron was sitting at late 3rd and early 4th.  I think that would have bettered our chance at winning the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If he doesn't start he won't get 40 minutes.  Starting might be important to Green,  consider he has  started three times and been off the charts in two of those games.  If the ball had gone to Green and he had not been out so long in the fourth period we would have won.  He needs minutes because Pierce, Garnett and now Green are our best players by far.

Good point.  Green needs to get more of Bass/Pierce's minutes on a regular basis.  Doc definitely needs to play him more for the remainder of the season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The only thing I disagree with there is that he has to start to get 40 minutes. There's no reason he can't get 35-40 off the bench. Really, I don't care whether he starts or not as long as he's in the game when it matters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm blaming Doc for allowing the HEAT to make 2 big runs. Most teams make one run but two being down 13 and 17 is a bit much. Ok so it's caused by turnovers and bad shots. Well who's turning the ball over and who's taking bad shots?

Doc went by the substitution script again and didn't sit who was ineffective and didn't play who was effective. I give the HEAT some creait but up 17, then they tie the game, then go up 13, then we lose the game is inexcusable. This goes back to how our season has been going...there seems to be no consistency in wins and in quarters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You're blaming Doc for the players turning the ball over??

And this wasn't the Philadelphia 76ers making a couple of runs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm blaming Doc for allowing the HEAT to make 2 big runs. Most teams make one run but two being down 13 and 17 is a bit much. Ok so it's caused by turnovers and bad shots. Well who's turning the ball over and who's taking bad shots?

Doc went by the substitution script again and didn't sit who was ineffective and didn't play who was effective. I give the HEAT some creait but up 17, then they tie the game, then go up 13, then we lose the game is inexcusable. This goes back to how our season has been going...there seems to be no consistency in wins and in quarters.

2 runs ??? We were up by 10 at the 7 min mark, 96-86 !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Let's assume that Doc knows that Green's can't play 48 minutes. Fair assumption?

And that he'll need to sit down some.

So at what point in the midst of a blistering 40+ point first 3 quarters would you take him off the floor?  Take him out when he's afire and represents the only effective offense on the floor? I don't think that'd be a good answer.

Sit him with lead and hope the team can hold serve for a few minutes so he can play out the game? Sounds better.

The fact that the team was playing giveaway when he was out and keepaway when he got back in may or may not be on Doc. 

I guess that if you think that Doc is responsible for whatever his team does or fails to do (like a military commander), then you can say it's on Doc that Miami managed to lead during the game by as many as, what, 3 points? But you can also say that it's on Doc that his team managed to lead during the game by as many as 17 points.

Is it on Spoelstra or on Doc that there was a 17 point lead? Is it on Spoelstra that Green went for 43? Is it on Doc that James made his only 3 when it absolutely mattered and that Pierce did not? Better yet, is it on Spoelstra OR Doc that Chalmers, who apparently hadn't made a 3 in weeks, made 4 of 5?

It's a fool's game, this blaming or crediting a coach for individual players' play while overlooking a coach's true work of getting a group of individuals to believe and play together.

Both coaches did that admirably last nignt, and it's without a doubt why we found the game so compelling to watch. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know what Doc did or didnt do but Green was needed sooner in the 4th.. and dont give me he was tired..

Heat got some good luck with the Crawford fumble and the Celtics were so sloppy with the ball..

Other points:

Wilcox looked lost, Heat ran a layup drill with Wilcox head spinning like a top..

Last shot play call Id have an issue with..  A three is tough enuf but under pressure, off balance ng... A better play could have at least been attempted before settling for a tough shot like that.

Our FT shooting was horrible

I was also thinking where was Randolph esp after watching Wilcox defend like a sieve

The refs did involve themselves in some really bad calls and no calls (esp Lebrons 3-steps)

Was a great game to watch...very very exciting..

If Rondo was still playing, we lose this game by 20+

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

It's the equilvalent of being up 30 points and losing. LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Let's assume that Doc knows that Green's can't play 48 minutes. Fair assumption?

And that he'll need to sit down some.

So at what point in the midst of a blistering 40+ point first 3 quarters would you take him off the floor?  Take him out when he's afire and represents the only effective offense on the floor? I don't think that'd be a good answer.

Sit him with lead and hope the team can hold serve for a few minutes so he can play out the game? Sounds better.

The fact that the team was playing giveaway when he was out and keepaway when he got back in may or may not be on Doc. 

I guess that if you think that Doc is responsible for whatever his team does or fails to do (like a military commander), then you can say it's on Doc that Miami managed to lead during the game by as many as, what, 3 points? But you can also say that it's on Doc that his team managed to lead during the game by as many as 17 points.

Is it on Spoelstra or on Doc that there was a 17 point lead? Is it on Spoelstra that Green went for 43? Is it on Doc that James made his only 3 when it absolutely mattered and that Pierce did not? Better yet, is it on Spoelstra OR Doc that Chalmers, who apparently hadn't made a 3 in weeks, made 4 of 5?

It's a fool's game, this blaming or crediting a coach for individual players' play while overlooking a coach's true work of getting a group of individuals to believe and play together.

Both coaches did that admirably last nignt, and it's without a doubt why we found the game so compelling to watch. 

Sure sometimes you blame the player, sometimes the coach and sometimes you beat a team and sometimes they beat you. We you lose leads like that it tells me the coach doesn't know how to sustain momentum (timeouts, subs, mismatches, diff defenses, etc)

Why didn't they run at Bron last  night to make him give up the ball with 14 seconds left. The clock is on your side and he's either going to take a tough shot or pass with the shot clock winding down.

I would always want someone who isn't a superstart taking a big shot...because they aren't used to it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm I could not disagree more strongly. 

I watched the interview with Doc after the game and it was clear that the reason the Celtics were in the game is that Doc infused them with the confidence they could take the Heat down without KG. They aren't making that up as they go, it comes from Doc first and foremost. 

Losing a big lead is tough but it happens a lot in the NBA. 

The blame for this loss resides on: Lebron. 

If you watch enough NBA ball you learn that the team with the best player (once that player learns how to close out close games like Lebron has) almost always wins the biggest games.

We didn't need to win this game, it was a great showing and we know we can play with the Heat, that's all that matters right now. You're acting like this was a playoff loss. It wasn't. We don't want the 2 or 3 seed. 

This was as good as loss I can recall. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

The whole season is on Doc.

He let Rondo goof off and ruin the first half of the season.

Now he thinks Bass is an allstar center.

Kirk, any chance you are happily retired?  I am puzzled trying to figure you out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Hmm I could not disagree more strongly. 

I watched the interview with Doc after the game and it was clear that the reason the Celtics were in the game is that Doc infused them with the confidence they could take the Heat down without KG. They aren't making that up as they go, it comes from Doc first and foremost. 

Losing a big lead is tough but it happens a lot in the NBA. 

The blame for this loss resides on: Lebron. 

If you watch enough NBA ball you learn that the team with the best player (once that player learns how to close out close games like Lebron has) almost always wins the biggest games.

We didn't need to win this game, it was a great showing and we know we can play with the Heat, that's all that matters right now. You're acting like this was a playoff loss. It wasn't. We don't want the 2 or 3 seed. 

This was as good as loss I can recall. 

A good loss...oh don't you mean a moral victory. Any loss where you lose two big leads isn't a good loss.

Hey it's not the end of ther world, you're right it's only a reg season game. Just think what damage it would've done to the HEAT had they lose without KG...devastating. Now they think they can come back from 30 down and win.