HEAT game is on Doc!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: HEAT game is on Doc!

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Hmm I could not disagree more strongly. 

I watched the interview with Doc after the game and it was clear that the reason the Celtics were in the game is that Doc infused them with the confidence they could take the Heat down without KG. They aren't making that up as they go, it comes from Doc first and foremost. 

Losing a big lead is tough but it happens a lot in the NBA

The blame for this loss resides on: Lebron. 

If you watch enough NBA ball you learn that the team with the best player (once that player learns how to close out close games like Lebron has) almost always wins the biggest games.

We didn't need to win this game, it was a great showing and we know we can play with the Heat, that's all that matters right now. You're acting like this was a playoff loss. It wasn't. We don't want the 2 or 3 seed. 

This was as good as loss I can recall. 

A good loss...oh don't you mean a moral victory. Any loss where you lose two big leads isn't a good loss.

Hey it's not the end of ther world, you're right it's only a reg season game. Just think what damage it would've done to the HEAT had they lose without KG...devastating. Now they think they can come back from 30 down and win.

============================================

You are absolutely correct. First the victory breaks their 22 game streak. Then it continues our home court streak at 11. But, most important, we are in their heads it'll be tough to win in Boston and with KG back we could win in Miami !!! Last night was Miami's first victory in Boston during the regular season since 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Why didn't they run at Bron last  night to make him give up the ball with 14 seconds left. The clock is on your side and he's either going to take a tough shot or pass with the shot clock winding down.

[/QUOTE]

And you're pretty sure that Doc didn't give those exact instructions, right? Because it didn't happen, right?

So you must be just as sure that the team made all those 3's because Doc told them to?

Seriously, players sometimes don't hear, don't listen, forget, have a better idea, lose focus for a tick or more, or are just plain obtuse. How else explain Terry's and Pierce's brain-dead turnovers, Bradley's inability to score at the rim or Bass and Wilcox caught in a revolving door against a cutting, moving team like Miami. You think Doc, or any coach, likes what he sees when @$%*! happens? Some people here have been calling for Randolph, after a 17 minute sample. Does Doc shelve Wilcox and Bass and go with White and Randolph in crunch time against the Heat?

At some point he may relegate Bass to the bench, but for now he's got to play him.

Hey, I wanted them to stuff Miami as badly as the next guy, but don't think for a minute that this Heat win takes the Celtics out of their head. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It is not Doc fault when Crawford dribbles of his foot and James get an easy bucket. Or Terry and Wilcox fall asleep and get an easy one for Wade. Or Terry losing the ball twice against Ray.

In the end of the games you can see that:

1) We have a bunch of new players with few experience

2) We have no ball handler to bring the ball up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Come on guys, we played the game with one arm tied behind our back and we almost won anyways.

The only team that will really worry the Heat in the playoffs are the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jefflippa. Show Jefflippa's posts

Heat don't want any part of a series with us. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Jefflippa's comment:

Heat don't want any part of a series with us. 

exactly!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Seriously, what a bunch of whiners!

Would you put money on the Celts before the game started knowing that KG would not play?

It was expected the Celts would lose because KG, the anchor of the defense, was not going to play.

Would you guys rather have D'Antoni or Mike Brown?

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Would you put money on the Celts before the game started knowing that KG would not play?

It was expected the Celts would lose because KG, the anchor of the defense, was not going to play.

+1

EXACTLY! NO KG AND WE LOSE BY TWO!  COME ON!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Game lost was a combo of some bad luck too. Celtics of Bird, McHale & Parish era when up by 17 would have scored another 17 in the 2nd half. Our lead should have been sufficient inspite of 20 turnovers and missing 9 foul shots. Losing reb battle of 39 to 33 meant 6 more 2nd chances. Why Randolph didn't play when he got 8 rebs the other night is an enigma especially since Wilcox had Heat players driving by him. I know LeBron is tough to stop but put a 7 footer in front of  him to maybe draw a charge or arms up to disrupt his shots.

The key was we were up by 10 at the 7 min mark, 96-86 !!! I think they got a 3 and it was up by 7 and we had the ball and I forgot whom, Lee or Crawford, going up court dribbling the ball went off a foot and it was converted into a dunk so lead now 5. Here's where they were a bit lucky, Lebron was 1 for 4 in 3s, but hit his 1 when we were ahead  by 1-2 pts, I forgot, and they went ahead. I reiterate, the momentum changes when up by 7 with about 5 min left and ball goes off the leg of one of our dribblers & converts into an easy dunk.

It was Crawford who dribbled it off his foot, horrible play at the wrong time.  Pierce had 7 of those turnovers himself, and missed too many free throws.  He had a really good game with 17,8,8 but the turnovers he gives up are so avoidable yet he does it every game 3-5.  He doesn't make his free throws anymore either.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Hmm sounds like some on this list like moral victories. So when we look at the standings I see Wins & Losses...I don't see Wins, Losses, Moral Victories

I watched the game again. Can anyone tell me why Doc took Green out with about 5-6 minutes in the 4th? We didn't do anything for about 3 minutes and that when the HEAT got back in the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I don't think you can blame the whole loss on Doc,some WTF?, substitutions but as a whole this was a team loss.  We played 42 of 48 minutes of winning ball and gave it away. I don't know what happened but we just gave the game away as if it was scripted. We had 4,5,6 flashes to the rack  that we pulled out for the worst possible shot we could take. There were some horrible calls, time stoppages( at crucial times,momentum wise)as well as plain just bad calls BUT, we missed multiple gimme layups, played slog ball down the stretch and just played not to lose, instead of finishing the game strong.

I will say I am dubious of the delays due to replays on plays that multiple possessions had occured, I cannot remember a game where so many replays were called.  There is no way I'm blaming the refs. We had them down,out but did not deliver the knock out blow because we tightenned up.We, were and are the underdogs so WTF go for the gusto? No loss is good loss but, I hope we learned our lesson and use the next game in Miami. We can beat them in Miami we just can't over think it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Losses like this can be sliced and diced with shoulda couldas til the next game but in reality they are just1 of 82. Again I think almost everybody had a hand in this loss but now onto N.O. and to victory.7-3 on the 10 game stretch that would go along way to determining our playoff picture, I'm thinking 3-4 still a reality.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hmm sounds like some on this list like moral victories. So when we look at the standings I see Wins & Losses...I don't see Wins, Losses, Moral Victories

I watched the game again. Can anyone tell me why Doc took Green out with about 5-6 minutes in the 4th? We didn't do anything for about 3 minutes and that when the HEAT got back in the game.

Answer: Poor coach...

Then held him out much longer than he should have. Truth is, if there was one player who should have been left on the floor that game, it was JG...playing the game of his life.

Doc never has a feel for the game... Ive said it many times.. he'll take out our hottest player and bench him so his vet can be the hero... The way Green was playing, he should have been in the game until he was gassed, then brought back in as soon as he recovered... and not a second later.

Did anyone wonder why JG didnt get the call for the last shot?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Fierce, I'm not saying Fire Doc. Sure it's one game without KG but just like you don't want me to blame Doc, you turn right around and blame Bass for missing a layup. Are you serious? We had 20 turnovers, lost a 13 and 17 pt lead and you want to blame Bass for a missed layup. I'm looking at the bigger picture. It's easy to blame Bass but taking Green out with 5 mins to go when he's on fire was a huge mistake. He took him out to try to get PP going and we didn't score for 4 trips. Then Doc goes to PP with 7 seconds left to only get a fadeaway long jumper. WTF! Why was Green initiating offense all game from the top of the key, getting to the line or scoring and then when we need it most Doc goes to PP. Stupid!

Doc's loyalty to PP is going to stunt the growth of Green if he doesn't fix it quick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

+2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

He got the one right before it and Battier stuffed him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

He got the one right before it and Battier stuffed him.

Questionable "stuff".  Foul perhaps, strip perhaps, off Green's leg? Perhaps

Wonder what the call would have been if that was LeBron?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Questionable "stuff".  Foul perhaps, strip perhaps, off Green's leg? Perhaps

Wonder what the call would have been if that was LeBron?

I thought it was a good no call. Excellent play by Floppier ...  I mean, Battier.