Heat lose again -- Separation occurring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Heat lose again -- Separation occurring

That's 3 up in the loss column now on Heat and Bulls.
    If Celts beat Golden State and Milwaukee this weekend
    while Bulls and Heat play each other
    plus San Antonio and Orlando so we stand to gain even more ground.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring

My biggest fear is no longer losing to the Heat... it is losing the april 7th game @ Chicago, finishing the season tied with them... and getting the 2 seed b/c of a 1-2 record vs. them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It will only happen if the injury bug doesn't stop visiting us.  Health is my only concern.  We beat Chicago if we're healthy....West, BBD, Shaq, and JON are all have the injury bug.   Good to see Pierce healthy again, though.  Man, he's playing with energy now.  If the big 4 are playing like they do now with help from Shaq, BBD, West, Green, and Krstic - I don't see Chicago challenging us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring:
    [QUOTE]My biggest fear is no longer losing to the Heat... it is losing the april 7th game @ Chicago, finishing the season tied with them... and getting the 2 seed b/c of a 1-2 record vs. them
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are 2-1 against the Bulls right now.  OT win early in the year and 104-92 beat down a little later.  Best the Bulls can hope for is 2-2.  The Bulls ain't gonna pass the Celtics, they're a .500 road team (15-14) and have several tough games themselves.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes the bulls game vs. miami is huge for us and we should be rooting for the heat

The heat are 0-1 on a brutal 10 game stretch that could easily see them go just 6-4... It would be nice if one of the wins came vs. bulls so we the dust clears in 2 weeks and Shaq/West/Baby are all healthy... we'll be like 4-5-6 up on bulls-heat-magic

A Bron-Melo 3-6 seed 1st rd that goes 7 would be incredible... followed by the bulls topping the heat in 7 and us topping the bulls in 5 or 6 (knock on wood)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

My fellow Celtics fans, I submit that we are all looking at this wrong.  We don't want our team looking back and worrying about who's behind them.  We want them playing hard to take over what's in front of them.

We want the best record in the league.  The heck with Miami's and Chicago's records.  Let them battle for 2nd in the East.  Our goal is to catch San Antonio.  Right now, we are ONLY 4 games down in the loss column against them.  They just lost Tony Parker for a month and they have to play Miami and LA on Friday and Sunday.  Then they have to play at Miami and at Dallas on the 14th and 18th.   Then, they have to play us.   If they lost just 2 or 3 of those games and then lose to us, we're going to be right on their heels for best record in the league. 

We can do this!!!!!   That's where I want the Celtics' attention - to getting the best record!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

LOL! Lebron clanked another three attempt at the end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics can still catch the Spurs for the NBA's best record.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm not really expecting it, but certainly a 19-4 or 18-5 finish from us and a 12-7 or 11-8 finish from SA is possible...

I look at that as a bit too far fetched... but I'm not discounting the Lakers and Mavs by any means... they have similar records to Heat/Bulls... w/e you think about staying ahead of our two foes in the East you know it goes hand in hand w/ staying ahead of the probable 2 and 3 seeds in the West

They are on collision course for rd 2 and I think whoever wins that battle faces us in the finals and I think whoever has homecourt out there wins that series

Mavs are 2-up on LA and just brought in Brewer specifically so that Barea never has to play in the postseason (Terry to PG) and Kobe can be HOUNDED like he was by TA.

If healthy, OKC can beat SA IMO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The 9-10-11 teams in the West would be the 6 (tied w/ Knicks) 7 and 8 in the East

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics can still catch the Spurs for the NBA's best record.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet much on it if I was you.  The Spurs are a lot like us.  Hard to think they are just going to start losing because of one player.  The will adapt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not really expecting it, but certainly a 19-4 or 18-5 finish from us and a 12-7 or 11-8 finish from SA is possible... I look at that as a bit too far fetched... but I'm not discounting the Lakers and Mavs by any means... they have similar records to Heat/Bulls... w/e you think about staying ahead of our two foes in the East you know it goes hand in hand w/ staying ahead of the probable 2 and 3 seeds in the West They are on collision course for rd 2 and I think whoever wins that battle faces us in the finals and I think whoever has homecourt out there wins that series Mavs are 2-up on LA and just brought in Brewer specifically so that Barea never has to play in the postseason (Terry to PG) and Kobe can be HOUNDED like he was by TA. If healthy, OKC can beat SA IMO
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't seen much of JJ. He has been a VERY GOOD player for them all year. Remember against us?  He plays like that every game.  I doubt he will sit on the bench throughout the playoffs.  I live close to Dallas, believe me Carlisle likes his aggression and hustle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im more interested in staying atop of the East and ahead of the Mavs & Lakers.

Yea, our schedule is in our favor but dont forget, we like to lose to lousy teams.  We also have some back2backs coming up I think...and we all know whats that like. So we can throw away how rosey everything looks on paper.

One thing maybe in our favor is the new energy from the new players... like someone posted, its adds some juice to our core guys too.

Im not sweating the Spurs having a better record, the Mavs/Lakers worry me more as does the East. We will prob lose games to inferior teams, as usual, so my focus is to stay ahead of the teams we're ahead of now.. Id be real happy with that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : I wouldn't bet much on it if I was you.  The Spurs are a lot like us.  Hard to think they are just going to start losing because of one player.  The will adapt.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The Spurs will face the Heat(twice), the Lakers, the Mavs and the Celtics this month. There's still a chance the Celts will catch up with them.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am hopeful for best record, but with this huge transition with our roster and continuing injuries what troubles me is we still are not healthy.

Delonte spraining an ankle during a walkthrough is really weird and to know BBD was hurt this last month explains his poor shooting is a key injury again.  We have to get healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats with Doc saying a players availability is very important, meaning playing with pain etc?

Yea, we've seen all the football movies with guys playing with broken bones and takin shots to play in the game.

But if our team is so concerned with getting everyone healthy for theplayoff run, isnt this mentality contridicting?

BBD has apparently had this tendon problem for some time. Doc knew about it cause he was complimenting Baby for playing through the pain. So now BBD will miss a week to deal with the issue.  Maybe he'll miss longer or maybe he could have missed the season if Baby did more damage than just landing on his feet wrong the other night.

Shaq got a months vacation to deal with his heel, needing him healthy come playoffs.. Why wasnt BBD dealt with in a similar fashion />?  Did we want to wait until May rolled around and then see Baby crumple to the floor in pain??

Hard to figure

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Whats with Doc saying a players availability is very important, meaning playing with pain etc? Yea, we've seen all the football movies with guys playing with broken bones and takin shots to play in the game. But if our team is so concerned with getting everyone healthy for theplayoff run, isnt this mentality contridicting? BBD has apparently had this tendon problem for some time. Doc knew about it cause he was complimenting Baby for playing through the pain. So now BBD will miss a week to deal with the issue.  Maybe he'll miss longer or maybe he could have missed the season if Baby did more damage than just landing on his feet wrong the other night. Shaq got a months vacation to deal with his heel, needing him healthy come playoffs.. Why wasnt BBD dealt with in a similar fashion />?  Did we want to wait until May rolled around and then see Baby crumple to the floor in pain?? Hard to figure
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I don't think BBD really had a tendon problem. A guy that big and the way he plays he will always be sore. Saying that he was hurting even before the injury is just his way of being positive about the whole situation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Miami vs San Antonio & Bulls vs Magic tonite.
    If we don't play down to the Warriors, should be a good nite for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Miami vs San Antonio & Bulls vs Magic tonite. If we don't play down to the Warriors, should be a good nite for us.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm right when I say that playing down to the level of the opponent is a thing of the past. 

Every time the Celts lose it's usually because they have scoring droughts. With the addition of Green, Krstic, Murphy, and Pavlovic I think the Celts have more offense than ever before. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

That game was great to watch, Heat will not do anything playing one on one bball. They look like the old Jazz team pick and roll and pick and roll. Pretty easy to play d against. No way as good as the Jazz were. How many titles did the Jazz win?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The Heat would be unstoppable if the NBA was a video game. Their problem is that their two best players that have built the team around need the ball in their hands about 75% of the time. Their getting about 60% of queennie and Wade. The Bulls are the toughest team in the east after us,that's why we reconfigured the lineup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]If Parker was playing tonight it would be a near guaranteed loss for the Heat. they are playing a bunch of good teams the next 10 games or so. They are only 12-16 or 17 against +.500 teams. It's funny watching them beat scrub teams but when they play good teams it turns in Lebron ISO ball  at the end and losses.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    I think what this illustrates is that Miami wins a lot of games solely on the talent they possess.  This can work against the bulk of NBA teams.  The James, Wade, Bosch combo is just too much.  But playing an elite team, they need more. They don't seem to work coherantly together when the pressure gets turned up at the end of a tight game.   Either they need more time working together (translation, wait till next year) or perhaps in this case the sum is not greater than the number of parts.
    Maybe the skills they bring together are too similar (iso skills) so when it's crunchtime, they really don't have many options.
    In anycase, right now, they look like the 3rd or 4th best in the East.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : You obviously haven't seen much of JJ. He has been a VERY GOOD player for them all year. Remember against us?  He plays like that every game.  I doubt he will sit on the bench throughout the playoffs.  I live close to Dallas, believe me Carlisle likes his aggression and hustle.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

He's a great regular season player, i dunno

Do you play him at PG over Terry? Butler plans on being back as well, Terry/Brewer/Butler/Stevensen, all could earn SG mins

There are only so many mins in the playoffs... I guess he'd get some, but It seems like you want that defender on Kobe. I'd trust Terry to guard Blake over Barea and to score more as well... Kidd has a favorable match-up w/ Fisher

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : I think what this illustrates is that Miami wins a lot of games solely on the talent they possess.  This can work against the bulk of NBA teams.  The James, Wade, Bosch combo is just too much.  But playing an elite team, they need more. They don't seem to work coherantly together when the pressure gets turned up at the end of a tight game.   Either they need more time working together (translation, wait till next year) or perhaps in this case the sum is not greater than the number of parts. Maybe the skills they bring together are too similar (iso skills) so when it's crunchtime, they really don't have many options. In anycase, right now, they look like the 3rd or 4th best in the East.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Heat's struggles are a major reason why Celts HAVE to win this year

Bulls/Heat/Knicks/Thunder will all be better next year

Magic/Lakers/Mavs all the same

Only Boston and SA have the chance to really drop from a top 3 into the 7-10 range, unless Green really expodes (resting PP/Ray to enable the same performance we got this year), Rondo adds a nasty jumper and we get serious health from our bigs all season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

In a couple of weeks we start resting our starters a lot more. Look for Doc to give the big three a week off and the new guys starting playing more. Nothing is certain in the NBA regular season during March and April.  All the teams and stars have had to play too many minutes.   

Sections
Shortcuts