Heat lose again -- Separation occurring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring

Why wouldn't you put LA into the dropping list?  Looks to me like kobe and artest are dropping like stones in a pond.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring:
    Why wouldn't you put LA into the dropping list?  Looks to me like kobe and artest are dropping like stones in a pond.
    Posted by cole-ely

Because LA is LA... they get all the breaks

I am waiting for the Artest/Blake to Denver for Felton/Harrington trade to happen this summer

Gasol, Odom and Kobe are all younger than PP, the youngest of our big 3, and Bynum is younger than Rondo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's March, the Lakers are hoping there will be no separation occurring in Bynum's knees. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

It's March, the Lakers are hoping there will be no separation occurring in Bynum's knees. 
    Posted by P34

Brutal...thanks for the morbid chuckle, however uncool it is of me...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bynum is healthier now than when he dropped 13pt 7rb 3blk averages on Celts 1st 3 games of last years finals P34... i'd knock on wood if I was you...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bynum is healthier now than when he dropped 13pt 7rb 3blk averages on Celts 1st 3 games of last years finals P34... i'd knock on wood if I was you...
    Posted by rameakap

I don't want Bynum to be injured. I want the Lakers at their best this season. That way a Celts victory over them would be so much sweeter.

Imagine if the Celts beat the Lakers last year. We would never hear the end of it. Laker trolls would keep yappin' about the Celts won because Bynum was injured.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Personally, I hope it's close - the #1 seed isn't something a team should be able to coast at any point to earn

the Heat and the Bulls will keep the Celtics sharp and focused for the playoffs

Now if we can just get healthy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes that is true... we gotta get Baby/Shaq/West back and play at full-strength (minus JON of course) for the last 15 games of so... be on a role when we enter the playoffs and be ready to go at least 4-3 in those final hard games, NY, Hou, NO, SA, ATL, CHI, MIA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

SA dismantled Miami in every possible way.  It wasn't just a Heat meltdown, either.  They got dominated from the get go.

Imo, no way LA beats SA in a long series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

SA dismantled Miami in every possible way.  It wasn't just a Heat meltdown, either.  They got dominated from the get go. Imo, no way LA beats SA in a long series.
    Posted by soups

What do the Spurs have to do they have Miami by 9 games have a greater record against common teams. they Have a win% equal to the Celtics against teams with a better than 500 record and have been rated lower than Miami all season in the rankings. The Celtics and the Spurs are so much alike in many ways they are as evenly matched as it gets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : I wouldn't bet much on it if I was you.  The Spurs are a lot like us.  Hard to think they are just going to start losing because of one player.  The will adapt.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Something tells me we will beat the Spurs if we play them even without home court.  Something re the Spurs does not convince me although I do not underestimate them.  Can they really beat the Lakers?  I am not convinced under the spotlight they will hold up

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Heat have a real problem with Wade and Lebron at crunch time.  Neither is a great decision maker and they have no one who can distribute the ball to them.

They are the distributors at the same time as being the go to guys.  I think the problem is so significant it cannot be addressed this year.  Two superstar ball hogs and a bunch of poor role players do not make for toughing games out in the last moments.  Look for them to play close games and come out losing most of the time.  Except for the Lakers who they will be in Miami later this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I honestly don't like that the Heat are losing right now. I rather them go through this in the playoffs but Lebron is a world class choker and Bosh is going to get pushed around by KG all series long so I am relaly not worried.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The Heat have a real problem with Wade and Lebron at crunch time.  Neither is a great decision maker and they have no one who can distribute the ball to them. They are the distributors at the same time as being the go to guys.  I think the problem is so significant it cannot be addressed this year.  Two superstar ball hogs and a bunch of poor role players do not make for toughing games out in the last moments.  Look for them to play close games and come out losing most of the time.  Except for the Lakers who they will be in Miami later this week.
    Posted by concord27

How many last second shots has Lebron taken and missed the past couple weeks?  I mean, he hasnt hit one of them.

I can guarantee you one thing though... when he does hit one to win the game, it'll be splashed all over espn like hes a big time clutch player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : How many last second shots has Lebron taken and missed the past couple weeks?  I mean, he hasnt hit one of them. I can guarantee you one thing though... when he does hit one to win the game, it'll be splashed all over espn like hes a big time clutch player.
    Posted by Karllost

You are right - however I will say there has actually been some questioning of LeBron recently on ESPN - never thought I would see the day

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I honestly don't like that the Heat are losing right now. I rather them go through this in the playoffs but Lebron is a world class choker and Bosh is going to get pushed around by KG all series long so I am relaly not worried.
    Posted by Pancakespwn

We may not even face them... Bulls over Heat rd 2?

It will be a serious choke job by us to let Miami pass us... they'd have to go like 16-3 with Celts going 13-9 to finish w/ a better record (we own tiebreaker). I am 99% sure they WILL NOT finish ahead of us.

But Chicago.... they could possibly catch up... on fire right now, and if they win the April 7th game against us and go 17-4, while we go 15-7, they will tie us and win the tiebreaker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Celts CANNOT lose any of the 2nd night of a back-to-back 'oh we're tired' puss out games or bad effort/execution missed chances at home vs. Rockets/ Thunder/ Hornets type games like we did earlier in the year.

We probably have to finish 17-5 or at least 16-6 to hold off Bulls. If we get the win vs. them in April MAYBE 15-7 does the job. The Bulls are on fire. 

How great would this rd 1 be? 

1 v 8 - Celts sweep Bobcats
    2 v 7 - Philly steals 1 vs. Bulls
    3 v 6 - Bron vs. Melo fun, Amare rapes Bosh, Heat need 7
    4 v 5 - Magic need 7 this time to beat improved Hawks

That means we'll face a tired Magic team whose # we have, even w/ out Perk and the Bulls/Heat can beat the p!ss out of e/o before winner gets a trip to Boston to face a club that maybe only needed 9 games to get through two rounds...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sounds like a scenario I'd like to see play out rameakap.
    Posted by soxnewmex

haha yeah

May and June are so much fun when the Celts are contenders

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts are 3 games back in the loss column from the Spurs.  If we were to beat them at home, that's being down 2 in the loss column and we would own the tie breaker.  So, its not inconceivable that we can catch the SPurs.  I know some think that's not possible, but I think its a possibility when looking at their schedule.

As Rameakap says, however, we have to take care of the back to backs.   I think this team can do it if we get Delonte, Shaq, and Wafer back soon.   We will have fewer let down periods of the game if those 3 can be woven in.   Forget Arroyo and Murphy and Sasha.  Each of them will fill a couple of minutes here and there, but West and Shaq are the real keys.   Then we can be VERY versatile all game long with scoring and defense.

Bulls have the easiest schedule of the contenders, though, so they do pose a threat if we lose those back to backs and lose focus on weaker opponents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Celts are 3 games back in the loss column from the Spurs.  If we were to beat them at home, that's being down 2 in the loss column and we would own the tie breaker.  So, its not inconceivable that we can catch the SPurs.  I know some think that's not possible, but I think its a possibility when looking at their schedule. As Rameakap says, however, we have to take care of the back to backs.   I think this team can do it if we get Delonte, Shaq, and Wafer back soon.   We will have fewer let down periods of the game if those 3 can be woven in.   Forget Arroyo and Murphy and Sasha.  Each of them will fill a couple of minutes here and there, but West and Shaq are the real keys.   Then we can be VERY versatile all game long with scoring and defense. Bulls have the easiest schedule of the contenders, though, so they do pose a threat if we lose those back to backs and lose focus on weaker opponents.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I think our schedule is pretty favorable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

With the disruption of the trades and the continued injuries to our bigs, worrying about home court throughout the playoffs is no longer the chief concern, it's beating injuries and having a decent seed and rounding into form at the right time. The Celts don't need home court advantage with any of the teams in the east either. Home court against the Lakers is a different story due to the finals 2-3-2 format. 

No, the Lakers might not make it. But the idea that San Antonio is so much better than the Lakers is absurd. Did you watch the game today? The Bulls look to me like the toughest matchup for the Cs but they aren't a team that intimidates anyone on the Celtics either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

With the disruption of the trades and the continued injuries to our bigs, worrying about home court throughout the playoffs is no longer the chief concern, it's beating injuries and having a decent seed and rounding into form at the right time. The Celts don't need home court advantage with any of the teams in the east either. Home court against the Lakers is a different story due to the finals 2-3-2 format.  No, the Lakers might not make it. But the idea that San Antonio is so much better than the Lakers is absurd. Did you watch the game today? The Bulls look to me like the toughest matchup for the Cs but they aren't a team that intimidates anyone on the Celtics either.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Of course beating injuries and getting to the playoffs healthy is the number 1 goal!  But, that doesn't mean they can't do both (hope for best record, as well).  Players SHOULD start to come back healthy over the next week or so (West, Shaq, Wafer) and with that help, rest comes to the starters as well as better overall team play.  There's no reason we shouldn't challenge for best record as well as get healthy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Heat lose again -- Separation occurring : Of course beating injuries and getting to the playoffs healthy is the number 1 goal!  But, that doesn't mean they can't do both (hope for best record, as well).  Players SHOULD start to come back healthy over the next week or so (West, Shaq, Wafer) and with that help, rest comes to the starters as well as better overall team play.  There's no reason we shouldn't challenge for best record as well as get healthy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Bingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown2. Show chitown2's posts

My biggest fear is no longer losing to the Heat... it is losing the april 7th game @ Chicago, finishing the season tied with them... and getting the 2 seed b/c of a 1-2 record vs. them
    Posted by rameakap

No we would be 2 and 2 if we lost

Sections
Shortcuts