Heat may want Perk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Heat may want Perk?

One league source said the Miami Heat are expected to make a run at Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins after he becomes a free agent this summer, even though the Heat will be limited with what they can offer. Yahoo! Sports
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess anything is possible in FA. Ainge has some tough decisions to make regarding Perk and BBD. I would keep Perk over BBD. Perk is your starting C but what I fear is teams will try to overpay for Perk because he's a legitimate C and Ainge will have to match it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Heat may want Perk?

In Response to Heat may want Perk?:
    One league source said the Miami Heat are expected to make a run at Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins after he becomes a free agent this summer, even though the Heat will be limited with what they can offer. Yahoo! Sports -------------------------------------------------------------------- I guess anything is possible in FA. Ainge has some tough decisions to make regarding Perk and BBD. I would keep Perk over BBD. Perk is your starting C but what I fear is teams will try to overpay for Perk because he's a legitimate C and Ainge will have to match it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree that Perk is very important to this team and I am not sure who else they could sign if he decides to leave.  Hopefully, this won't happen.  Although, their are some Celtics fans that don't like Perk.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we offer him more than the MLE, that eliminates the Heat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Heat may want Perk?:
    In Response to Heat may want Perk? : I agree that Perk is very important to this team and I am not sure who else they could sign if he decides to leave.  Hopefully, this won't happen.  Although, their are some Celtics fans that don't like Perk.  
    Posted by susan250

Like CHE. 

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i guess it depends on how much he wants to win in his career going forward because 3 years from now, the celtics are the new cavs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He's already won as many rings as MeBron, Wade and Bosh combined.  Maybe it's all about loyalty and money for him.  And the Celtics can make him a much better offer, in a place where he enjoys playing.  In 3 years he and Rondo will be the stars of this team, and we will have lots of cap space.  And while we can't offer the weather of South Beach, we CAN offer what they don't have - tradition!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

i guess it depends on how much he wants to win in his career going forward because 3 years from now, the celtics are the new cavs
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

When Ray, Paul and KG leave, I would imagine that the owners will try to acquire good players to replace them.  The Celtics have had better teams because of the new ownership since 2003 and I would imagine this will continue.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Have him. He is over rated, and stinks. Maybe you get a couple dominating games out of him. Mr. Inconsistant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Heat may want Perk? : Like CHE.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Yep! we wasted the chance to trade Perk (3 yrs ago).
    Ainge dangling him as a trade bait and did not pull the trigger.

You didn't listen, gonna haunt you at the end....but I have faith on Ainge..he has a mind on his own like che.Laughing

yep perk is the missing link right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

He is like a piece of chicken bone. There is not much meat on it for people to keep him but it is hard for people to get rid of him unless a better replacement is available. Is any of the Lopez twin brothers available soon?

Perk plays good defense but his offensive skills are so limited. He gets called about 2 moving screen turnovers a game. I will put Lopez from Nets and Barrgnani from Raptors above him. Definitely the all stars Howard and Horford are better than him. I also think Bogut and Varejao are better than him. Perk is the No. 7 center in the East at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Perk is welcome sight now that he is back, but to make this guy out to be anything more than a good low block defender is absurd.  He doesn't rebound that well, is severely limited in his offensive game, and is one of the worst ball handlers in the NBA.  

I will bet you the Heat are more interested in BBD then Perk.  Perk is worth keeping around considering there are no alternatives and his return after injury is admirable.  I as most here do know if we had him for game seven we would have won but don't get carried away.  We will be cursing his name in games to come.  He is a limited, slow moving guy.  Face it, he is no Ben Wallace.  If someone wants him and overpays, you watch they will let him go.

BBD is a far more important player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sorry you just don't let Heat sign away Perk. They can have BBD.

It would negate signing RA, PP and Rondo if you allow the Heat to sign Perk. Then the C's don't have a C that can play 30 mins and now that C is playing on the conference rival to battle Howard...no way you let that happen.

BBD is expendable because you have KG. You can find a backup PF but it's hard to find a starting C who plays good defense and never asks for the ball. No unless you sign someone like DeAndre Jordan to take his place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

If Cs keep Rondo, they had better acquire a scoring center. Two starting positions cannot shoot make it very hard to win a title. Elite teams are now packed with stars. Look at Dallas, Lakers, Spurs, Miami and Orlando. Only Howard and Perk cannot shoot. Howard is a better free throw shooter now and his game keeps improving. Perk's games are always the same.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD is not expendable considering what he supplies to the second unit and KG next year will play even less minutes.  Perk can stay but if not you are really overestimating his abilities.  Let's watch Perk the rest of the way and see how you feel.  My guess is you will be underwhelmed with what Perk contributes the rest of the way. He gets the job done but leaves us open to being exploited by other good teams.

BBD you and I will never agree on.  He is valuable in my world and someone who without the bench would have significant problems.

I get your concern about the Heat but I am confident Perk is not high on their list. I bet he will stay especially if we win 18. Despite my obvious bias.  No pun intended.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Not sure the Heat can afford BBD if we can't.  That is, if we offer him something like the MLE and he wants more, that rules out Miami.   BBD, however, is a more flexible and more important player to us. He brings energy, defense, some rebounding, AND offense.  Perk brings defense and rebounding but absolutely NO offense (he's a negative on offense).  Let's not forget that Perk infuriates us all when he tries to post and looks stupid, throws the ball away because he can't pass, and has turnovers like offensive fouls.  I like him in a very limited role but if he wants more than that, we let him go and use the money to take someone else.

Rondo and BBD may be the only young players we have to build a new team after the big 3 go.  We will then have a very different style offense (up tempo).  Perk is NOT a player to build around with Rondo as your point guard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Have him. He is over rated, and stinks. Maybe you get a couple dominating games out of him. Mr. Inconsistant.
    Posted by rpn123321

Absolutely!! Just trade him for Joel Amthony..Right!

Perk is showing signs of the Perk we once knew. Don't underrate him as he has Game! He is just back after how long out? So far Perk is impressive and if Doc doesn't overuse him he will be a game maker for us come play-off time! Is he worth mle YES!   jmo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In the few games that Perk has played since his return, he has shown how much of an asset he is to the team. DA will take care of the business of re-signing him at the appropriate time. Perk stated in an interview that he prefers to play for the Celtics as long as the team wants him. Of course, the Heat wants him too. So do at least half a dozen other teams in the league. Perkins is a legitimate center with a wide body and defensive prowess. His kind is quite difficult to find nowadays. Perk is probably the missing piece that the Heat will need to win a championship.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You didn't listen, gonna haunt you at the end" 

OK I'll bite - how is it going to haunt us? You mean, that we'll wish we hadn't won any championships so we could still wish Bird and McHale were coming back? Or that we'll be disappointed we had one of the best defensive centers in the league for a few seasons? 

Looking forward to learning more about "Perk's haunted house."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If Cs keep Rondo, they had better acquire a scoring center. Two starting positions cannot shoot make it very hard to win a title. Elite teams are now packed with stars. Look at Dallas, Lakers, Spurs, Miami and Orlando. Only Howard and Perk cannot shoot. Howard is a better free throw shooter now and his game keeps improving. Perk's games are always the same.
    Posted by lovetruth007

Other than the Lakers, how many titles between those teams with stars..?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Heat may want Perk? : Yep! we wasted the chance to trade Perk (3 yrs ago). Ainge dangling him as a trade bait and did not pull the trigger. You didn't listen, gonna haunt you at the end....but I have faith on Ainge..he has a mind on his own like che. yep perk is the missing link right?
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Guess you`d prefer Shaq and JO. Perk is one of the few real centers left in the league and he`s only 27.Che may be the missing link.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

He is like a piece of chicken bone. There is not much meat on it for people to keep him but it is hard for people to get rid of him unless a better replacement is available. Is any of the Lopez twin brothers available soon? Perk plays good defense but his offensive skills are so limited. He gets called about 2 moving screen turnovers a game. I will put Lopez from Nets and Barrgnani from Raptors above him. Definitely the all stars Howard and Horford are better than him. I also think Bogut and Varejao are better than him. Perk is the No. 7 center in the East at best.
    Posted by lovetruth007

Lopez`s play no defense and will never be Celts. Same with Baragnani, Horford  is not a center. Howard is better than Perk?What a revelation! You should be a scout.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

The Miami Heat can't sign a player like Perk. It would take more than the MLE to convince Perk to sign with the Heat. Most likely Perk will be asking Brendan Haywood money, 9m per year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Posted by lovetruth007

then that's on rondo to improve his shot.

in our 23-5 start last year, perk averaged 13/8/2 on 66% shooting.

as for howard, did you see his 3/13 on free throws the other night vs miami? he lost all confidence, and eventually his team stopped looking for him. 1pt in the 2nd half

Sections
Shortcuts