Heat or Bulls as 2nd round opponent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Heat or Bulls as 2nd round opponent?

Both give us fits. Miami will have 2 of the best players on the floor in D-Wade and LBJ. While Chicago is Tim Thibodeau's team, which somehow equalizes our defensive edge, plus they'll have the best player on the floor in D-Rose, a known assasin of the vaunted Celtics defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Heat or Bulls as 2nd round opponent?

2-0 vs. the Heat at full strength last 10 days

0-1 vs. the Bulls w/o Rose

Hmmmmm

Moot point cuz we're kinda locked into the 4 seed and The Heat have little chance of catching the Bulls now, down 3 games (just like us with the Pacers)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

The Bulls outrebounded the Knicks earlier with a huge 51-33 advantage.  The Knicks (12th in the league in rebounding) are a lot better in rebounding than the Cs (30th in the league).

It will be very hard to win against the Bulls with a 15-20+ rebounding edge in their favor every game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

we match up much better against the heat.. chicago is to big, so even without rose they give us a ton of problems

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont fear either of those teams, to be completely honest. i prefer the bulls, less star power. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

On second thought it will be harder to win a 7-game series against 2 of the best players in the floor, D-Wade and LBJ. And let's not forget C.Bosh.

To come out of the East is a real challenge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If rose it hurt I'll take chicago.  Otherwise, I like miami.  Doesn't matter...we'll have to go through them both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In response to "Re: Heat or Bulls as 2nd round opponent?":
    If rose it hurt I'll take chicago.  Otherwise, I like miami.  Doesn't matter...we'll have to go through them both. Posted by cole-ely
    To reach the ECF will already be an accomplishment for this Cs group given eveything they've gone through. But to see LBJ suffer elimination, once again, from the hands of the Cs will be an instant thrill. The free pass on the 2nd round should be handed to the Bulls and not the Heat. Let LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh and mafia Riley go through the Cs first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They can't beat the Bulls maybe even without Rose. That's when the rebounding will be an issue and Thibs knows ever set they run and Deng seems to outplay Pierce alot for some reason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Call me crazy but I've been saying for while that there is an argument to be made for the best scenario to be to finish 7th, play the Heat first the #3 seed (Pacers?) second and the Bulls third.

I think the Heat are more vulnerable in round 1 than after they have the advantage of getting 1 round under their belt.

But back to reality..... I'd rather get the Heat in the Second round than Chicago but for that to happen the Celts are going to have to get to the 3 seed, which might be tough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to "Re: Heat or Bulls as 2nd round opponent?":
    They can't beat the Bulls maybe even without Rose. That's when the rebounding will be an issue and Thibs knows ever set they run and Deng seems to outplay Pierce alot for some reason. Posted by tompenny
    Agree, Deng has Pierce's # defensively. And his confidence in guarding Pierce is scary. 2nd round - Heat ECF - Bulls

Sections
Shortcuts