Heat outrebounded 51 to 26 and still win by 17

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Heat outrebounded 51 to 26 and still win by 17

It's the Raps, Kirk!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Say what?

What did they shoot 70%?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just looked at the box score. Miami was 20-29 from the three point line.  That is a lot of threes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not really surprised that Miami won.  It would be great to see them lose a game tomorrow.  Even though, the Celtics won the last game in Boston, I am not sure that they will win tomorrow.  As much as I dislike Miami, I don't see any team winning a 7 games series against them in the playoffs.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Just looked at the box score. Miami was 20-29 from the three point line.  That is a lot of threes.

Check again.  But what's worse is TOR being 2-20 from 3 pt land!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

There is no way the Heat can win the championship this year.  Remember no team has ever won a championship averaging less that 40 rebounds per game.  The Heat are a league worst 38.7 and last in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

There is no way the Heat can win the championship this year.  Remember no team has ever won a championship averaging less that 40 rebounds per game.  The Heat are a league worst 38.7 and last in the league.

Id say Heat are the favorites to win it again this year. Hoping they dont but thats reality imo.

Btw, how many rebs did the Heat avg last season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Check again.  But what's worse is TOR being 2-20 from 3 pt land!

Sorry about that, Miami was 10-22 from three.  Was looking for a reason for the rebound discrepancy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Spurs will win championship this season.

==========================================

I have been in the camp all year of lamenting that we are usually last or next to last in rebs. I said we needed shoot 50%, great "D" and cause turnovers to win if we were -10 to -15 in rebs/2nd chances for the opponent. Then tonight the Heat get out rebounded almost 2:1 at 51-26 so Toronto had 25 extra chances. W/O looking at the box I said the Heat must have shot 60%...and they almost did at 58% and Toronto shot 42%. Then 3 pt shots were 10 for 22 and Raptors 2-20 so 8 more are 24 pts. Then fouls were 20-29 vs 11-12 so 9 more pts here. Toronto did have a great stat of 62 to 38 of points in the paint but their outside shooting was horrible.

So, we need play great "D" & get them shooting 45-50% & making fewer 3s. Unfortunately, playing agressively, they will get many more foul shots. My hope is that we out rebound them, with KG or not, by +10 and are hot shooting 50% and as many 3s as they and we can will tomorrow night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There is no way the Heat can win the championship this year."

LOL. 

No one is even close to matching up with them. 

So of course I'm curious as to why: 

"Remember no team has ever won a championship averaging less that 40 rebounds per game.  The Heat are a league worst 38.7 and last in the league."

Oh thanks. So I should forget what I see on the court and how OKC, the team mostly likely to face them in the finals, can't match up wtih them. 

It's all about historical rebounds. 

I have an idea...

LET'S GEEK OUT ON IRRELEVANT STATS

Here's what that STAT does tell me: The Heat can be taken advantage of by a team with a very strong inside presence, big beef in the middle. 

But guess what? No team has that. 

At least no team they will have to face. Maybe Atlanta...

So basically to get above your 40 rebound cutoff the Heat would have to pull in one extra rebound per half of post season ball. 

That sounds really difficult. 

Sections
Shortcuts