Heat Streak vs the Lakers' Streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Heat Streak vs the Lakers' Streak

Watching ESPN yesterday they were discussing a very interesting item.....which streak is more impressive?...the Lakers' 33 wins or the Heat's current streak (currently at 27)..?....my initial reaction was the Lakers' of course...33 beats 27 right...?

Then it was pointed out that LeBron believes the Heat have the more impressive feat....his rationale..? ....back in 1971-72 there were two leagues, each filled with future hall of fame players...therefore the Lakers didn't face the day in and day out quality of teams the Heat are facing...I can see his line of thinking but I still go along with the Lakers at #1 until someone equals or betters the streak...

After going back and forth, the panel decided that it was in the Lakers' favor because the level of competition back in the early '70's was better than it is today...even though there were two leagues at the time...their reasoning..? ...very simple....99% of the players in the league had four years of college ball under their belt and were much better prepared coming into the league than today's generation which is filled with players that either came in out of high school or played 1 or two years of college ball....notice they didn't compare athletic ability...they compared the quality of basketball skills that were common place back in the day....and I have to say that I tend to agree with this line of thinking...

They also pointed out that the NBA was filled with the best players at the time while the ABA, which had it's share of greats, was also filled out with it's share of NBA "rejects" who were of a lower level of talent...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Heat Streak vs the Lakers' Streak

I really think its six in one, half dozen the other. Both are incredible feats but it doesn't mean a damn thing without that ring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you make a great point...it is all about the ring..!  ....I think the Heat are the class of the league...OKC and San Antonio are great teams....and there are some really fun teams out there like Denver, the Clippers, and Indiana....looks like our Celts and the Lakers are on the outside looking in...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

I really think its six in one, half dozen the other. Both are incredible feats but it doesn't mean a damn thing without that ring. 

Yup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Miami about to lose...down by 9 with less than 5 remaining...

Wade looks hurt...ouch!!

Looks like docs move to sit KG might payoff in the Playoffs...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Also the Lakers travelled commercial or coach and also played 3 games back to back

Here is a link to the article

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9100202/lakers-streak-better-heats

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

celtics win and the heat streak is over....i will sleep good tonight!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Actually, I was hoping they'd break the Lakers' streak. I dislike the Lakers  that much.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bulls beat Heat sans Noah & Rose.

To top it off, James didn't like the officiating.

"James was frustrated on the court at times, and showed more of the same in the locker room afterward with regard to how he's officiated."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278782

Given the state of our season, it's second rate happiness, but I'm smiling nonetheless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

No comparision. The Lakers played basketball. The Heat play ISO. You play pro sports to be the champion at the end of the season, again who cares how many games you win during the season. Good run though by the Heat

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good point on the Lakers' scheduling and travel back in the day.....it was much tougher in my opinion...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Actually, I was hoping they'd break the Lakers' streak. I dislike the Lakers  that much.

I respect the Celtics more than i do than some of their fans

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

I respect the Lakers more than I do a lot of their fans as well.  When you have low life people like some of the ones around here that only have one agenda it is very easy to not respect Lakers in general.  To be honest I don't have to have the trolls around here to hate the Lakers,  I have been doing that before these type websites existed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

dirty,  can you name me a Laker site where Celtic fans go there and have the agenda these trolls have here?   If so please give me a link as I would love to read some.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

Yup.

Don't quite agree. Every year someone wins the title but streaks like this are very rare. It's like that winning season of the Pats...which was kind of ho-hummed by many since they didn't win the superbowl. Too much emphasis just on the title game(s) imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The Lakers streak is more impressive imo... First off 33 vs 27

Next, during their streak what great teams did the Heat defeat? The only exceptional teams in the NBA besides the HEat are the SPurs, OKC & Nuggets imo (maybe Memphis) and in the streak the Heat had wins against OKC (away) and Memphis (home)...  My point is the NBA is mostly full of medicore teams and I dont think the level of competition matches what the Lakers went thru.

Lastly, if anything, the Lakers were more hindered than helped by the refs.  Wilt was always a marked man...if he had anything like the free lunch Lebron gets from the refs...even at his advanced age, who knows how unstoppable that Laker team would have been..

Even tho Im a lifelong Celtic fan, that Laker team ws the only team I knew would win the NBA title that season without doubt and I never felt them threatened... They rank in the top 3 of all time in my book, maybe even #1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The Lakers streak is more impressive imo... First off 33 vs 27

Next, during their streak what great teams did the Heat defeat? The only exceptional teams in the NBA besides the HEat are the SPurs, OKC & Nuggets imo (maybe Memphis) and in the streak the Heat had wins against OKC (away) and Memphis (home)...  My point is the NBA is mostly full of medicore teams and I dont think the level of competition matches what the Lakers went thru.

Lastly, if anything, the Lakers were more hindered than helped by the refs.  Wilt was always a marked man...if he had anything like the free lunch Lebron gets from the refs...even at his advanced age, who knows how unstoppable that Laker team would have been..

Even tho Im a lifelong Celtic fan, that Laker team ws the only team I knew would win the NBA title that season without doubt and I never felt them threatened... They rank in the top 3 of all time in my book, maybe even #1

Agree on all accounts!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

heat by a mile is more impressive! lakes got SEVEN wins against expansion teams in a diluted league. they talk about luxury planes and masseuses today but everyone has it. nnot a competitive edge. like in most things, everything in today is better than the past.. the bible and prophets b damneddd!

The Heat are the ones playing in a diluted league.  There were only 17 teams back then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971%E2%80%9372_NBA_season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ditto for the lakers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

The Heat are the ones playing in a diluted league.  There were only 17 teams back then

Diluted based on what?

You have a point only if God says only 200 people can play basketball, IN ANY ERA!

Did you see that in the Bible?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Case in point