Heinsohn: Olynyk is going to be a star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Heinsohn: Olynyk is going to be a star

Agree or ....

this kid does have some star potential...Not sure if he is Dirk2, but Ill take 85% of that type of scoring with better D, rebounding and passing.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/heinsohn-olynyk-going-be-star

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Heinsohn: Olynyk is going to be a star

The potential is there and I can see him getting better as the year has passed.  He will be more effective with a bigger defensive presence on the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

I think time will come where Celtics will choose between Olynyk and Sullinger as one of the pillars of the team....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It's like when we had Parish, McHale & Bird as probably the best 3 men in the post we have ever had together(obviously Bill Russell was our best post player). Although Bird was the best player of the group, we wouldn't have won, in my opinion, so many titles if we didn't have all 3 of them.

So, whether Sully or Oly will be the bigger leader, I think if we can get Embiid in the draft, we could have the best three-some towers since Bird, Parish & McHale !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like when we had Parish, McHale & Bird as probably the best 3 men in the post we have ever had together(obviously Bill Russell was our best post player). Although Bird was the best player of the group, we wouldn't have won, in my opinion, so many titles if we didn't have all 3 of them.

So, whether Sully or Oly will be the bigger leader, I think if we can get Embiid in the draft, we could have the best three-some towers since Bird, Parish & McHale !!!

[/QUOTE]

I hope some gm byppass Embiid because his back problems.He could be another good pick up by Danny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Just like Walter McCarty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I remember when Heinsohn said that Eric Montross would be the best centre in the eastern conference.  I love Tommy but he needs to take off his green coloured lenses sometimes so he can sound objective. 

That said, I think Olynyk has a nice future ahead of him.  He could be a near double-double guy and he can pass the ball.  I expect him to be a solid pro for a long time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

I get not being able to see that Oly's all around 2-guard game on a 6'11" guy is special when it was fall and Oly was so hesitant.  To continue not to note his star potential is a little odd.  He is he best celt rookie since Pierce, and starting the offense through him on the wing is so much fun.  The best way to Tank is to make sure Oly is not on the court the last 4 minutes of the 4rth quarter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just like Walter McCarty!

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that as well.

I think Olynk will be a guy that will average 15 points and 8 boards and be a good player.

But Heisohn thinks everyone on the celtics  is going to be a star.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think time will come where Celtics will choose between Olynyk and Sullinger as one of the pillars of the team....

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think that time may be this summer.

I really think that one of these guys are going to be packaged for a defensive minded center, At this point, I think it may be Sullinger because he has the greater value.

I think both Sully and Olynyk become Allstars. Not perenial, but at least one time Allstars.

I hope, Sully is traded with future picks for Marc Gasol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I like watching Pressey and Olynyk together.

They have a real chemistry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

KO is going to be good but he needs to hits the weights hard and lose about 10 pounds to make him quicker. He has unique skills but we need to see more consistency. I like him and Sully together. Both are willing and good passers and both are good around the basket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 .. I say Pressey's a keeper... and got rebutted in this board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His PER is around 7 and he is shooting 28 percent.  He has a good attitude, but he doesnt produde. It is apparent he and Oly like each other though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His PER is around 7 and he is shooting 28 percent.  He has a good attitude, but he doesnt produde. It is apparent he and Oly like each other though.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo seems to like him as well and am sure he doesnt look at his PER. He can pile assists given the time. Remember, he is just a rookie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Not sure but I think Tommy Heinsohn posts here as Fungy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Tommy is not your go-to guy when it comes to ranking players. too much of a homer. 

That said Olnyk is better than I thought from his earlier games. 

Someone said 15 points and 8 rebounds is his upside. That would be more than fine with me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember when Heinsohn said that Eric Montross would be the best centre in the eastern conference.  I love Tommy but he needs to take off his green coloured lenses sometimes so he can sound objective. 

That said, I think Olynyk has a nice future ahead of him.  He could be a near double-double guy and he can pass the ball.  I expect him to be a solid pro for a long time. 

[/QUOTE]

eggs zackly.  the makings of a decent player but very likely not a star unless some miraculous unexpected developments + massive downgrade in overall league talent in the next five years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Yes! it is amazing how they as bff +- on this team..team up. KO's upside is off the charts (little ones) but Pressy is a good bench pg and valuable to the Celts. His (PP), face to face "D" is  surprising and the way he can just muscle the ball away from some beefy guards is super! A keeper at minimum multi year money! He is just a rook as well!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Yes! it is amazing how they as bff +- on this team..team up. KO's upside is off the charts (little ones) but Pressy is a good bench pg and valuable to the Celts. His (PP), face to face "D" is  surprising and the way he can just muscle the ball away from some beefy guards is super! A keeper at minimum multi year money! He is just a rook as well!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Pressey is a good backup point guard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

KO going to be a star or any other player? Only time will tell. There will be some tough choices to make to bring this team back. Don't get attached to any players on this team right now. Are there some we really like, that's for sure, but we are rebuilding so fasten the seat belts changes may hurt some of us Celtic fans. We have to trust DA and his staff to make the right choices. This Celtics team has a lot of options which is a good thing right now.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

KO is legit...he seems to improve every game...but it's really apparent when you watch him now versus his first month here...he's looking more and more like he did in the summer league...he's getting very good court awareness, he hustles, he plays D which is amazing for a guy who really isn't that quick over space, only a step or two....he can truly pass and hit the outside shot well, and if he COULD get stronger in the upper body  and, frankly, in his legs, he'd be a beast in the paint as well...he still loses too many rebounds to smaller guys who have worse rebound positioning because he's not strong and can't jump well...he needs to get stronger to box out, then he'll be fine...

I like the kid...he's going to be here for a long time...and Sullinger is a keeper as well....there's 2 guys who could easily be here for a long time...can't have enough good big guys...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no reason why Sully and Oly can't become long time Celtic players.

Both Sully and Oly don't have to start.

One can come off the bench.

Celts can build on Sully, Oly, and Bradley.

Bradley also doesn't have to start.

Those concerned about AB's asking price, remember, the salary cap increases every year.

Next season the cap will be at 62m.

7-7.5m on a 62m cap is reasonable.

Right now 7-7.5m seems huge because the cap is only at 58m.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley?

Bradley is too small to play the 2, and he can't play the point.

Plus, he is always injured.

Let him go.