Heinsohn: Olynyk is going to be a star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Heinsohn: Olynyk is going to be a star

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

IIn response to teejaytee70's comment:

If Pressey is your team's backup point guard....or in your team's rotation, then your team is not a contending team....or even a playoff team.

PRESSY IS A KEEPER+2

Teams like the loser Lakers are salivating in the hope that the Celtics let Pressey go so they can pick him up on the cheap. Not happening IMO! Even Nate had his day, (and a Big one)although being only about 5'7 or 8. Pressey has some serious potential as a great bench player if not more.

Tommy is right he paces the game and has great man to man "D" skills even though he is just a rook!

Actually i think we have someone better than Pressey in Kendall Marshall

His stats so far

2013-14 Season

PPG  APG  RPG   PER

8.4  9.4   3.1     13.37

I'll agree with you on that I've but, how's he going to do playing with Kobe next year- if Kobe even plays again?  Is Nash just going to sit the bench again sucking up his $9M salary again? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to bangkoker's comment:

Well, either of the players you mentioned above are really good for a 13th pick and for the Celtics. However, your analysis suggest that Oly should get extra monies base on the statistics you mentioned because it is a starter numbers IMO.

Olynyk could face a Kevin McHale situation if he is a 6th man when his rookie contract is up.

If you remember, McHale, the 6th man and a free agent in the offseason of 1983, signed an offer sheet by the Knicks. Auerbach responded by signing 3 of the Knicks free agents to offer sheets and they in turn released McHale from the deal and he signed for 1m. the 4th highest contract in the NBA at the time.

He still didn't start for 2 more seasons.

I could see Olynyk putting up 17/8 as a 31-32 minute a game 6th man if the teams gets a defensive, pure C like Asik. But when it comes time for a contract extension you better believe he will be asking to get paid like a starter and will prob make a little more than the Larry Sander 4/44.

Asik would be great to start, extend past next season at only 8-9 million per and play 25-28 mins a game as Olynyk closed them out b/c of his FT shooting or the team went offensive/defense with Oly/Asik and Avery/a tall superior shooter like Gordon Hayward.

I would take Asik to cover-up the defense of Oly but I think the best center to offset his below average defense is Drummond which is next to impossible to acquire. But speaking of  payroll I think Oly will accept reasonable amount to stay with the Celtics if times arrive for him as a dependable scorer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I
    PRESSY IS A KEEPER+2

Teams like the loser Lakers are salivating in the hope that the Celtics let Pressey go so they can pick him up on the cheap. Not happening IMO! Even Nate had his day, (and a Big one)although being only about 5'7 or 8. Pressey has some serious potential as a great bench player if not more.

Tommy is right he paces the game and has great man to man "D" skills even though he is just a rook!

[/QUOTE]

Actually i think we have someone better than Pressey in Kendall Marshall

His stats so far

2013-14 Season

PPG  APG  RPG   PER

8.4  9.4   3.1     13.37

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Kendall play but although he is taller, has good stats and been around for a while,Pressey has a little more hops and considerably more speed. The fact that Pressey is a new rook (NBA/D league) and his ability to face up and take the ball away from the opposition is really impressive. He does work well with KO if KO stays here, which I fully expect will happen. Be interesting next year to see those two (Marshall and Pressey) one on one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to johconn's comment:

I find Tommy entertaining. He bleeds green. He's a winner, and a proven one at that. But man on man, Eric Montross, Waltah and Steamer were the next big thing according to T. He made the call early on PP though and he was right there.

KO definitely has something but he's not a grafter like Sully. He has the bit of an x factor coming off the bench but has not shown the legs of a starter yet. Great tag-team in the making for the C's though.

Oly is John Koncak in disguise and he'll get a contract from the C's the same as Koncak did from the Hawks.  Enjoy!

It's certainly not going to be as good as a contract that the Lakers gave Kobester. How's that working out for you? 

Will he ever take a pay cut? 

He did take a cut from 30 mil to 24. hopefully Fbombs new star Jacoby Parker pans out. Ha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

KO is going to be good...just need some time..said this when I said Celtics were going to draft him. Very good shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Agree or ....

this kid does have some star potential...Not sure if he is Dirk2, but Ill take 85% of that type of scoring with better D, rebounding and passing.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/heinsohn-olynyk-going-be-star

I still stick by my Bird/McHale/Dirk hybrid comparison(the Holy Triad of Paleness).

If you add the hair, he could indeed be the 2nd coming

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I find Tommy entertaining. He bleeds green. He's a winner, and a proven one at that. But man on man, Eric Montross, Waltah and Steamer were the next big thing according to T. He made the call early on PP though and he was right there.

KO definitely has something but he's not a grafter like Sully. He has the bit of an x factor coming off the bench but has not shown the legs of a starter yet. Great tag-team in the making for the C's though.

Oly is John Koncak in disguise and he'll get a contract from the C's the same as Koncak did from the Hawks.  Enjoy!

You think Oly has the same skill set as Jon Koncak.

Maybe at some point you could put up a post that shows you know something about hoops. Then you're trolling might be less pathetic.

Naw, let him troll...it's so bad it's funny....than we can always remind him of Howard and laugh some more!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

It's certainly not going to be as good as a contract that the Lakers gave Kobester. How's that working out for you? 

Will he ever take a pay cut? 

He did take a cut from 30 mil to 24. hopefully Fbombs new star Jacoby Parker pans out. Ha!

JACOBY!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Laker trolls are so funny!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Jacobie Bryant????

Sections
Shortcuts