Heinsohn thinks Uncle Jeff is going to replace Pierce

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Heinsohn thinks Uncle Jeff is going to replace Pierce

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/heinsohn-greens-going-replace-pierce

I think it's premature to say that Jeff Green will be as good as Paul Pierce.

We'll know more after the playoffs.

I don't think he was talking about this year.  Jeff has a long ways to go to be better than Pierce.  Maybe this year he might end up being.  I hope so,  that just means we are a lot better club.   He has to do it for many years to be as good as Paul.  Jeff isn't going to shoot like that every game.  The part that I like the most is he tracking down shots and blocking them which he has been very good at.

I hope he starts in place of Bass myself because he will get just as many rebounds,  block more shots, and create off his own.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I have to admit Green is proving ME wrong!!

I have said here that he is a soft player and a poor decision makr and shooter.

but the last few games at least , he is playing GREAT!

his 3 pt shoooting has become consistant

his hustle is better than I can ever remember

but his DEFENSE is what is the most improved (to me anyway)

defense is all about desire (as we know) and I never thought Green would have that drive.

Keep showing me how wrong I was about you Jeff!!

he keeps this up and YES we have our replacement fro Pierce after next season.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He may be a replacement for Pierce in the next year or two and he may be part of a rebuild.  Without stating the obvious, Pierce is a much better player, but Green could be a nice piece.  Obviously, Danny needs to acquire talent and with the hopes of getting another star player or two to add to the mix.  Not sure if he can do it through FA.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

To take full advantage of Jeff's talents he needs to be in a running game, when the game slows down Green is not as effective. I think he will get better at both types of game, as he gains more confidence in what he can do!!  Once he gets comfortable  going to his left, he could easily be a 20 points per game scorer!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

He may be a replacement for Pierce in the next year or two and he may be part of a rebuild.  Without stating the obvious, Pierce is a much better player, but Green could be a nice piece.  Obviously, Danny needs to acquire talent and with the hopes of getting another star player or two to add to the mix.  Not sure if he can do it through FA.   

To do it through FA, the Celts must get rid of Rondo's contract because there's no way the Celts can add another star player with Bass, Green, Lee, and Terry under contract for the next 2-3 years.

Rondo's contract is manageable for the time being, but maybe he gets packaged with a Bass or Terry at some point to and we can get a player and pick(s) to aid the rebuild.  Who replaces Rondo though?  Bradley is not a true PG and I'm not sure he ever will be more than a combo guard.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

To take full advantage of Jeff's talents he needs to be in a running game, when the game slows down Green is not as effective. I think he will get better at both types of game, as he gains more confidence in what he can do!!  Once he gets comfortable  going to his left, he could easily be a 20 points per game scorer!!

You think uncle Jeff and Rondo can be the future stars of the Celts?

Rondo will have to change his ball dominating style, and i'm not sure he can, before i would say that.  I'm in the trade Rondo camp!!  I like ball movement, not ball domination

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

rondo will make it work and jeff has always had thr talent, he just has never HAD to be the man. Rondo Bradley Green Sullinger are the future

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The best part is that this team gets better the more likely Pierce and Garnett extend their careers here. all championship teams need vets and those two are great vet players for the next two years

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The idea should be not to sit Bass but to have PP come off the bench and start Green.

PP would get less minutes and he'd be playing against reserves where he could thrive.

You bring PP, Jet, TWill, Crawford and Wilcox off the bench as a 2nd unit. It will be a small unit but they will pile up points and be very quick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The idea should be not to sit Bass but to have PP come off the bench and start Green.

PP would get less minutes and he'd be playing against reserves where he could thrive.

You bring PP, Jet, TWill, Crawford and Wilcox off the bench as a 2nd unit. It will be a small unit but they will pile up points and be very quick.

Hopefully, PP will be happy playing off the bench and maybe only 20-25  min. We need KG more for his height although PP is a good rebounder.

I didn't even care that PP only got 8 points. Wait until this group can pass to KG at 5-15 ft out. Can't wait for next game !!!

OK...I realize we didn't beat the Lakers or Nuggets & the Suns are mediocre. But WOW !!! I thought at times I was watching a youthful 18-21 year old college team running up and down the floor, passing, finding the open man, driving to the basket and rebounding aggressively.

We actually won the rebound battle 45-40 and their 6'11" Gortat, whom many posts wanted us to get in a trade(he is not worth Rondo), got 6 rebs and Wilcox, 6'10 , got 8 and Green at 6'8", got 7.

I still say we need a big man and Cousins for  Rondo would be nice. The hustle of Williams and Crawford was refreshing & they seemed to make all our others hustle.