Helloooo LOTTERY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Helloooo LOTTERY

With or without Pierce (bone spurs) and Pietrus (rebuilt knee) this team stinks! There is absolutely no cohesion on offense or defense. Worse, there is very little desire and effort being exerted on the court. These guys are playing like they don't want to be out there. This is a team in total disarray. Danny the window is now officially nailed closed and shuttered. Time to think about rebuilding. Play the young guys (Moore, Johnson, Bass, Rondo & Stiemsma would be my starting five). Dump JO, Avery and Sasha in the nearest dumpster. And see what contending team is interested in a streaky outside shooter (Allen) who can no longer play a lick of D. Then, look towards the lottery and free agency  to rebuild. Do NOT resign KG. He's a blowhard whose time has long past. We need a real PF who is not afraid to mix it up down low.

Oh, how I wish the lockout had lasted all year instead of having to endure watching this team simply go through the motions. Absolutely NO HEART!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Helloooo LOTTERY

I actually feel worse for the Green teamers like Tanquay,Dickerson,Marshall, Heinson and Gorman. At least these broadcasters give a hoot. I really enjoyed listening to the Hornets fans chanting nanana..nanana. hey hey.goodbye. That was awesome!-NOT!!!! What a joke. This team has no heart at all!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Got to agree with both you guys. Talent gap---understand. NO HEART---unforgiveable!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

I understand the age thing to some degree. But that does not explain the lack of intensity and effort on the court. Hell, even I give 110% each time I step out there against guys half my age.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Everyone knew the Celtics would struggle when faced when having to play games without their usual rest. You will need to have a young team or a strong bench to win these types of games consistently. Currently the Celtics have neither.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Give the kids the PT and experience and plan forward with the lottery. Better than watching the old 3 get beat up and run ragged.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Dinosaur Jr you should be more like your avatar whose lyrics (which I loved) were always cryptic and spot on. You tend to put forth more a Pollyanna view of the world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It's not that, the Celts just got old. 35-year olds vs. 25-year olds? Come on.

The Spurs don't seem to be having any trouble and they're even older than the Celtics. It's not just age.

Fans quit early on the 2010 Celtics team that reached the Finals. Many of us thought that club wouldn't make it out of the first round.

It's been three games. The Celtics, minus their best scorer and bench player, actually looked pretty good for long stretches of the first two games, both of which came against two of the best teams in the league, and on the road no less.

Only the loss to New Orleans was a real stinker. Being the second of a back to back could explain the lack of energy. Miami almost lost to Charlotte (one point win) tonight on the second of a back to back.

I still think this Celtics team will at least make it to the second round of the playoffs, if not further. There's a lot to like:

1. Bass and Wilcox - a pair of rebounders who aren't afraid to bang inside.
    2. Stiemsma - a disciplined shotblocker who plays great defense.
    3. Rondo - the outside jumper seems to be improved.
    4. Allen - still hits the outside shots at a high percentage.
    5. Dooling - good spot-up shooter on the fast break, scrappy defensive player.

Pierce and Pietrus are definitely going to help. They're easily good for 30 points a night. That's almost 1/3 of the necessary output for a victory.

Rivers said that Moore will receive an opportunity ahead of Bradley. Johnson hit a jumper in his 2 minutes of action tonight. Maybe the rookies will be contributors too.

The negatives:

1. Garnett - he's morphed into Mark Blount, who was a decent jump shooting big but not much else. Age appears to have caught up with him.
    2. Bradley - I'd be surprised if he's still in the league by 2014.
    3. Pavlovic - waste of a roster spot.
    4. Daniels - 12th man masquerading as a 6th man.
    5. O'Neal - decent interior defender in a half-court set, five steps too slow on everything else.

How to address the negatives:

1. Wait another 5-10 games and see if some of the problems resolve themselves with additional practices and confidence-building home games against inferior competition.
    2. For the problems that don't resolve themselves, release or trade minimum salaried players and replace them with better ones (probable hit list: Pavlovic, Daniels, Bradley).
    3. For more expensive disappointments, make cap-friendly trades (Garnett and O'Neal for whoever, even if just low first round draft picks).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY:
    [QUOTE]Dinosaur Jr you should be more like your avatar whose lyrics (which I loved) were always cryptic and spot on. You tend to put forth more a Pollyanna view of the world.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

I'm going to pretend you are not insulting me and are just saying that I am optomistic (glass half full type if you prefer). To be honest I have no idea what the heck J Mascis was singing when I saw them in concert in the early 90's. It was the loudest concert i ever saw. The lyrics may have been "cryptic and spot on" but I couldn't tell, I could barely even hear the singing with how loud his guitar was. The worst post concert headache I ever got. It's actually kind of painful thinking about it now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Getting in the lottery would be the best thing that could happen to this team. A shortened season, the deepest draft in years, two first round picks, plenty of free agent money to spend, and right at the point where we want to remake the team. Could this be the reason Doc is starting Pavlovic?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You are probably right, but I really don't believe this will happen.  The Celtics will be better once Pierce and Pietrus can contribute.  I still think that the loss of Green will influence the entire season.  Although, not having many effective big men is also hurting this team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Is this the beginning of a new 20+ season nightmare? Lest we forget 1987-2007!

Ugh.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Helloooo LOTTERY:
    [QUOTE]With or without Pierce (bone spurs) and Pietrus (rebuilt knee) this team stinks! There is absolutely no cohesion on offense or defense. Worse, there is very little desire and effort being exerted on the court. These guys are playing like they don't want to be out there. This is a team in total disarray. Danny the window is now officially nailed closed and shuttered. Time to think about rebuilding. Play the young guys (Moore, Johnson, Bass, Rondo & Stiemsma would be my starting five). Dump JO, Avery and Sasha in the nearest dumpster. And see what contending team is interested in a streaky outside shooter (Allen) who can no longer play a lick of D. Then, look towards the lottery and free agency  to rebuild. Do NOT resign KG. He's a blowhard whose time has long past. We need a real PF who is not afraid to mix it up down low. Oh, how I wish the lockout had lasted all year instead of having to endure watching this team simply go through the motions. Absolutely NO HEART!!!
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

I said LAST year on this forum, that the one man your team would miss more than anyone else was....

Tom Thibideau. The defense is nonexistent. Doc might be able to correct the offense, but the defense isn't something the other NBA teams fear anymore. Only Utah and Dallas are giving up more points than the C's.

At least the Lakers have Dwight Howard coming in the near future. And when it happens, they'll stay title contenders. As you correctly said, the window is officially closed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY :  I'm going to pretend you are not insulting me and are just saying that I am optomistic (glass half full type if you prefer). To be honest I have no idea what the heck J Mascis was singing when I saw them in concert in the early 90's. It was the loudest concert i ever saw. The lyrics may have been "cryptic and spot on" but I couldn't tell, I could barely even hear the singing with how loud his guitar was. The worst post concert headache I ever got. It's actually kind of painful thinking about it now.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

No insult intended. Yes, when you see them live the music tends to drown out the vocals. You need to read the lyrics off the album / CD / digital version to really appreciate them. Sorry to cause you any painful flashbacks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q.....I seriously doubt that Howard ends up a Laker....he definitely won't be in Boston either....if he does go to LA then goodbye Bynum and Gasol.....look, Howard has been a starter for 7 years....he hasn't lifted his team to greatness yet....with the roster the Lakers would have why would you think he would do it there? ....Kobe is already slowing down and the roster isn't really that good compared to the Western competition....I'm not trying to start an argument here buddy....I just think that the championship dreams of both teams are just that....dreams....both sides need to rebuild...LA has always been able to bring in talent, that is true....but Jimmy is now running the show and Mike Brown is no Phil Jackson or Pat Riley....the Clippers currently offer a better venue for talent...just my opinion.....Happy New Year pal....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics don't have one 35 year old. The have three starters at this age.  This is a determining factor in this accelerated schedule.  It remains to be seen how we weather this the rest of the season.  The home stand of 9 of 11 games will help us get our legs under us but the remainder of the year is in question.

Jermaine O'Neal was DAnny's single biggest mistake.  He needs to be on the pine and hopefully he will retire.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the top half of the draft is mighty deep. i'd plan to be there if i was doc or danny. the clips pick will be ours...no way they're in bottom 10 in the league. so we end up with a lottery pick (ours) and a pick at somewhere around 20 (clips). KG and JO retire or move on. ray should be resigned to come off the bench in crunch time. pierce probably has a year or two left. green will hopefully be back and healthy. rondo will be doing his thing. and we still have plenty of money to go after a big time free agent or two. it's time to rebuild...

Sections
Shortcuts