Helloooo LOTTERY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Re: Helloooo LOTTERY

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY:
    Q.....I seriously doubt that Howard ends up a Laker....he definitely won't be in Boston either....if he does go to LA then goodbye Bynum and Gasol.....look, Howard has been a starter for 7 years....he hasn't lifted his team to greatness yet....with the roster the Lakers would have why would you think he would do it there? ....Kobe is already slowing down and the roster isn't really that good compared to the Western competition....I'm not trying to start an argument here buddy....I just think that the championship dreams of both teams are just that....dreams....both sides need to rebuild...LA has always been able to bring in talent, that is true....but Jimmy is now running the show and Mike Brown is no Phil Jackson or Pat Riley....the Clippers currently offer a better venue for talent...just my opinion.....Happy New Year pal....
    Posted by Duke4

I disagree with your assessment of the situation concerning DH.  First thing one needs to realize is the Lakers will not trade both Gasol and Bynum for DH.  If that particular trade scenario does occur, the Lakers will get more than just DH.  Please, Kobe is slowing down?  Last I saw he was lighting it up against the opposition.   Clippers are not getting any more talent than they currently have on the roster because the owner running the show is to cheap.  The current CBA is a major reason why both the Celtics and Lakers have not excelled thus far.  Superior organizations will figure it out and make moves accordingly.  Basically teams need to keep younger guys on team and play them more. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I'm with Fierce, it is time to panic. One would think that these guys were not playing with their top scorer(Pierce) or their best backup to him (Pietrus), a training camp or only played two preseason games with the way they are playing! Boston should just pack it up and forfeit the season because there is no way that they will ever win another game. This team stinks, all it has managed to do while being short-handed is lose close games to a New York team that fields perhaps the best front court in the NBA, or a powerful Miami Heat team playing at full strength. Why do we follow these Celtic bums!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Kobe lit up the Jazz? THE JAZZ??? HA HA
    Posted by Fiercest34

Bro, you have to be the biggest putz on this board.  Your game is old and not even your compadre will back you up.  Kobe 28, 29 and 26 points respectively along with ~7 rebounds/game and ~6 assists/game.  Enjoy your day!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

And the Knicks.....the same Knicks that beat the Celtics.

Ugh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : And the Knicks.....the same Knicks that beat the Celtics. Ugh!
    Posted by null

Congratulations, your team is now officailly a .500 team. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Ray Allen has 63 points in 34 shot attempts. Now that's efficient, putzy!
    Posted by Fiercest34

How many games has Ray's 63pts won for the Celtics?

Ugh!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : How many games has Ray's 63pts won for the Celtics? Ugh!
    Posted by null

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Congratulations, your team is now officailly a .500 team. lol
    Posted by kybested

My team is batting .000 !!!

Bleed green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : My team is batting .000 !!! Bleed green.
    Posted by null

Who batted Kobe's shot in this picture?
    a) Noah b) Deng c) Brewer d) Gibson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

How the young guys meld with the aging stars will be interesting to watch.  This team is headed in two directions at once.  They have to see what they have in Moore and Johnson (and Bradley) but at the same time they cannot let the young guys play too many minutes during their last playoff hurrah as the new big 3.  Can this suddenly old team actually contend?  For the title, I don't think so.  But they can be a thorn in the playoffs and give anyone a scare. 

Is that good enough for the fans?  It has to be, they committed to the current core, and they need to play it out.  I don't think they could move any of their aging stars for valuable assets to rebuild around anyway, and it will be hard enough find the right guys to spend on next year when all that money comes off the books.  This will be a multi-year rebuild, and we'll have to hope that the current squad can make some noise.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Q.....I seriously doubt that Howard ends up a Laker....he definitely won't be in Boston either....if he does go to LA then goodbye Bynum and Gasol.....look, Howard has been a starter for 7 years....he hasn't lifted his team to greatness yet....with the roster the Lakers would have why would you think he would do it there? ....Kobe is already slowing down and the roster isn't really that good compared to the Western competition....I'm not trying to start an argument here buddy....I just think that the championship dreams of both teams are just that....dreams....both sides need to rebuild...LA has always been able to bring in talent, that is true....but Jimmy is now running the show and Mike Brown is no Phil Jackson or Pat Riley....the Clippers currently offer a better venue for talent...just my opinion.....Happy New Year pal....
    Posted by Duke4

I agree Duke.  I am not sure Howard can do it alone.  And I think both the C's and the Lakers need to have an eye toward the future.  There are a lot of good, young teams out there in both conferences. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Kobe reminds me of a tiny Wilt....obsessed with statistics and the limelight....although I will say that Kobe seems to be more interested in championships than Wilt was....Kobe is trying to compete with Michael (please!!)Wilt was always "the man" on every team he played on....Kobe was Robin to Shaq's Batman...Kobe won again but Gasol was the X factor...Kobe is a great player....but outside of LA, he is not in the top tier of the all time greats...and I'm talking this generation, not Russell and Chamberlain, Baylor and West...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Helloooo LOTTERY":
    With or without Pierce (bone spurs) and Pietrus (rebuilt knee) this team stinks! There is absolutely no cohesion on offense or defense. Worse, there is very little desire and effort being exerted on the court. These guys are playing like they don't want to be out there. This is a team in total disarray. Danny the window is now officially nailed closed and shuttered. Time to think about rebuilding. Play the young guys (Moore, Johnson, Bass, Rondo & Stiemsma would be my starting five). Dump JO, Avery and Sasha in the nearest dumpster. And see what contending team is interested in a streaky outside shooter (Allen) who can no longer play a lick of D. Then, look towards the lottery and free agency  to rebuild. Do NOT resign KG. He's a blowhard whose time has long past. We need a real PF who is not afraid to mix it up down low. Oh, how I wish the lockout had lasted all year instead of having to endure watching this team simply go through the motions. Absolutely NO HEART!!! Posted by henryfinkel
    Definitely old and in disarray for a number of reasons, but is not because they don't have desire and effort. Just because someone is getting run over it doesn't mean they aren't trying. You don't come back from 18 point deficits without trying. You don't average 24 points in 2 games when everyone keys on your jump shot (Ray) because you aren't putting in the effort. They're old, playing on the road against good teams, missing a key component, and trying to work new guys into the defense. We are going to see spells like this all season but we should see some good spells, as well. Signed, Mr. Optimistic (smiling)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Helloooo LOTTERY":
    How the young guys meld with the aging stars will be interesting to watch.  This team is headed in two directions at once.  They have to see what they have in Moore and Johnson (and Bradley) but at the same time they cannot let the young guys play too many minutes during their last playoff hurrah as the new big 3.  Can this suddenly old team actually contend?  For the title, I don't think so.  But they can be a thorn in the playoffs and give anyone a scare.  Is that good enough for the fans?  It has to be, they committed to the current core, and they need to play it out.  I don't think they could move any of their aging stars for valuable assets to rebuild around anyway, and it will be hard enough find the right guys to spend on next year when all that money comes off the books.  This will be a multi-year rebuild, and we'll have to hope that the current squad can make some noise.     Posted by CablesWyndBairn
    I agree with just about everything you said, except that Ray would be a very attractive asset to several teams. I hope we don't trade him but with an expiring contract, his being in shape, and his scoring, he is an attractive asset. But overall, I hope Danny rides it out this years, keeps his powder dry, and uses his draft choices and cap room to start the rebuild next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

Bro, what's that another 28 points, 6 assists with 4 rebound night?  Must be painful watching/hearing one of the top 5 NBA players this year perform to his average!  Keep on hating while the W's start to stack up.  Enjoy!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : The regular season is not the problem. It's when we crash and burn in the playoffs that worries me. Posted by Fiercest34
    No need to "worry" about it because it's going to happen! Get prepared, lower your expectations, and let's enjoy the team one last time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Celtics don't have one 35 year old. The have three starters at this age.  This is a determining factor in this accelerated schedule.  It remains to be seen how we weather this the rest of the season.  The home stand of 9 of 11 games will help us get our legs under us but the remainder of the year is in question. Jermaine O'Neal was DAnny's single biggest mistake.  He needs to be on the pine and hopefully he will retire. Posted by concord27
    Jon was only one of Danny's big mistakes. Counting on Shaq to come back was obviously a huge mistake, as well. Some of those draft choices rank right up there (like Bradley instead of Anderson). But, he made some good moves as well so I'm hoping he makes good moves with the flexibility he has next year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : You're correct, I should lower my expectations. Easier said than done, though.
    Posted by Fiercest34

That's right - please remind me of that when I'm screaming at the TV while they are losing to New Oleans or at the start of the Knick game!   

I gotta take my own advice at times!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Bro, what's that another 28 points, 6 assists with 4 rebound night?  Must be painful watching/hearing one of the top 5 NBA players this year perform to his average!  Keep on hating while the W's start to stack up.  Enjoy!
    Posted by greeneater2

Bro, last year he was #1.  Now he's Top 5?  IF that.
    I think Rose, Wade, MeBron, Durant and Howard.................koME can come off the bench now!!

Sections
Shortcuts