Helloooo LOTTERY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Helloooo LOTTERY

In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : The thing about the Spurs is that they don't fear developing their young players by giving them playing time. The Celtics won't even get close if they don't do the same. Hey Fierce, I am just messing with ya. You're a pretty sharp guy just a little too pessimistic. I am sure that comes from years of following the C's make bone-head after bone-head moves. I for one have long been frustrated with Ainge's personnell moves with the exception of getting KG and Ray Allen.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Partially True, GuyfromTex, but primarily the Spurs have drafted better and signed younger free agents.  Their draft choices are still in the league and are darn good players (George Hill, Anderson, Blair) while ours aren't even in the league no matter what time they were given (Giddens, Lester, Green, you see Bradley now who was drafted BEFORE Anderson).  Give these guys minutes and they aren't in the league.

They signed Gary Neal from overseas and he's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league.  We had that same player in Eddie House and we traded him for Nate Robinson - yuck!   Our problem has been poor drafting and poor player moves.

True - Doc doesn't play young kids when vets are available.  But, its not like we've had great young players to play and develop.  Those with talent have been developed (Perk, Rondo, BBD, Delonte).

Can you tell that I'm not excited about some of Danny's draft risks and in season trades?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Helloooo LOTTERY:
    [QUOTE]With or without Pierce (bone spurs) and Pietrus (rebuilt knee) this team stinks! There is absolutely no cohesion on offense or defense. Worse, there is very little desire and effort being exerted on the court. These guys are playing like they don't want to be out there. This is a team in total disarray. Danny the window is now officially nailed closed and shuttered. Time to think about rebuilding. Play the young guys (Moore, Johnson, Bass, Rondo & Stiemsma would be my starting five). Dump JO, Avery and Sasha in the nearest dumpster. And see what contending team is interested in a streaky outside shooter (Allen) who can no longer play a lick of D. Then, look towards the lottery and free agency  to rebuild. Do NOT resign KG. He's a blowhard whose time has long past. We need a real PF who is not afraid to mix it up down low. Oh, how I wish the lockout had lasted all year instead of having to endure watching this team simply go through the motions. Absolutely NO HEART!!!
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]
    stop watching, you miserable fink.feel free to stop posting while you`re at it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Partially True, GuyfromTex, but primarily the Spurs have drafted better and signed younger free agents.  Their draft choices are still in the league and are darn good players (George Hill, Anderson, Blair) while ours aren't even in the league no matter what time they were given (Giddens, Lester, Green, you see Bradley now who was drafted BEFORE Anderson).  Give these guys minutes and they aren't in the league. They signed Gary Neal from overseas and he's one of the best 3 point shooters in the league.  We had that same player in Eddie House and we traded him for Nate Robinson - yuck!   Our problem has been poor drafting and poor player moves. True - Doc doesn't play young kids when vets are available.  But, its not like we've had great young players to play and develop.  Those with talent have been developed (Perk, Rondo, BBD, Delonte). Can you tell that I'm not excited about some of Danny's draft risks and in season trades?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Very true. Based on what you said (i don't doubt that it's true), we are heading for the same fate with JJJ and Moore. Meanwhile, Brooks is tearing it up in Jersey...For some strange reason, Danny Ainge is still considered a genius!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Absolutely,  I remember when I was playing ball.....at first their was the mindset that I can do what I want..........and as long as I was playing with people my age that mindset was still there........then when our sons got into their HS and college years they started to play with us..........it put a whole new light on what we thought our skill set was......we couldn't out run them............we couldn't outjump them...........and we were reduced to jump shots.........it is the same thing that has happened with Garnett and RA............PP still has the body that he can up fake the youngens on occasion but that too starts to slow up and the fake is just a little slower and the youngens then have time to stay on the ground and then go up when he does and it is "block time"  .......... I for one will be watching more college hoops this year it is like watching a loved one die and that is painful.........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

I had a different experience. I played with the same group in a number of leagues and tournaments around NE and as we got older we were still beating the hell out of young(er) kids with our experience and higher BB IQ. We played against teams made up of high school + to teams in their mid to late-20s (our ages ran from about 30 to 45) and the easiest teams to beat were the younger ones. They thought they could just run and jump to beat us, but they were disorganized by their hubris - they wildly shot themselves out of the games early and couldn't recover while we just moved the ball and took good shots, as well as played solid defense (they just wanted to block shots thinking that was the only way to play D). We beat them to the spots, filled passing lanes, and frustrated them to no end. We all were ex-college players (one former pro) on our team and had the games to compete far past 30. So, I don't see age as being as much of a factor as not having a strong enough bench to give the starting 4 (can't count Rondo although...) decent breathers.  Right now they have to play too many minutes without the comfort of knowing that when they're out, the team won't devolve into a weaker version of itself. That's added pressure and maybe is causing them to subconsciously try to reserve energy for the later stages of the game. That's one reason that I like Bass off the bench for KG. Age will always effect performance to some degree but there are ways to balance it as long as a player is smart (and good) enough.  Give the Celtics a chance to settle in (Pierce is just back) and then make an evaluation. Right now is too early.

Also, we never played in an"over-X" league - too many opportunities to get hurt by guys who weren't any good to begin with and now that they're older, they're worse. This is not contrary to my argument, but supports the idea that experience and ability can overcome age, but when that wasn't there in the frst place, only bad things happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : BRO - if they are both so good, how come ORL hasn't made the trade yet?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Bro, they will be coming!  Bynum tallying a 20/20 night against Rockets.  The new monster of the NBA!  The Celtics would be kissing the floor to get a center producing numbers like that.  Enjoy your day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Bro, they will be coming!  Bynum tallying a 20/20 night against Rockets.  The new monster of the NBA!  The Celtics would be kissing the floor to get a center producing numbers like that.  Enjoy your day!
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

So Bynum is BETTER than Howard now?  LOVE LA fans!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : So Bynum is BETTER than Howard now?  LOVE LA fans!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Bynum is good enough so the Magic will come knocking.  Enjoy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Helloooo LOTTERY : Bynum is good enough so the Magic will come knocking.  Enjoy!
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA - the Magic want to KEEP him!!!!!
    That, of  course, shows how much you really know about hoops!!
    TWO games, and he puts up a 20-20 against the smallest and youngest team in the league.
    He is a bully, and is not durable!!

Sections
Shortcuts