Help the Rockets get Howard and Paul on the same team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Help the Rockets get Howard and Paul on the same team?

Pierce and pick 16 to Houston for Lin, Asik and Thomas Robinson. Houston waives Pierce for 5 million. Pick 16 only costs them 1.5 or so. So instead of 14 million in contracts for 2014, they have 6.5.

That extra 7.5 million on contracts allos them to sign both CP3 and Dwight Howard to max deals. Those two with Harden, Parsens and Motiejunas is a pretty scary lineup. Esp with our pick and some young guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Help the Rockets get Howard and Paul on the same team?

Asik, Lin and Robinson are far better than what we'd get at 16 and in free agency. Maybe giving us title hopes, esp if we can turn Bass and Lee into something.

Or the rebuild can continue with KG and Terry being traded and maybe Doc leaving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Guy, they're paying Harden 13.6M next year ... so the 6.5M number is incorrectm ...  but this may still work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Guy, they're paying Harden 13.6M next year ... so the 6.5M number is incorrectm ...  but this may still work.

Ummm, guy, Clearly meant instead of 14 million in Asik (5.25) Lin (5.25) and Robinson (3.5) on next years books they have 6.5 million in Pierce's buyout (5m) and pick 16 (1.5 million) on the books instead.

So they SAVE 7.5 million to use in free agency

Clearly knew about Harden's big contract. On that topic, if you were Howard and CP3, wouldn't you want Harden as your teammate over anyone else realistically being discussed right now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Asik is a great Center if you have a scoring PF.  Lin does not play a lick of defense and has an awful contract that will be tough to re-trade.  Robinson is ok but not great. 

By taking Asik and Lin with their big contracts with poison-pill numbers in the last year of their contract, you kill the flexibility to get free agents in the next 2 years, but you go for the lottery in 2014

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Ummm, guy, Clearly meant instead of 14 million in Asik (5.25) Lin (5.25) and Robinson (3.5) on next years books they have 6.5 million in Pierce's buyout (5m) and pick 16 (1.5 million) on the books instead.

Clearly knew about Harden's big contract. On that topic, if you were Howard and CP3, wouldn't you want Harden as your teammate over anyone else realistically being discussed right now?

Ok Touche. Didn't quite read that way, but I totally see what you were saying.

Yes, a Harden & CP3 duo would be amazing. Those two are such hard ballers, that Dwight might actually be able to get to the next level with them as teamates. 

Also this would leave both LA teams in shambles... which is a bonus on its own.

Danny has never been afraid of trading to make other teams contenders, especially if they're in the West. 

I'll give you credit for an interesting and creative trade idea. That is a lot of decent assets for the Celtics. I think they could probably move Lin & Lee for another piece (how about a S&T for Millsap?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The thing about Lin & Asiq is that they both have poison pill deals in their last year where their salary goes up to 15M a piece ... that'll be tricky for the Celtics. Probably NEED to deal both players or at least Lin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

this is true.

I prefer to have monster cap space for the summer of 2015 when Kevin Love is a free agent and would hopefully join Wiggins or another young SF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

I would rather help Cuban get Howard and Paul.  Shawn Marion and Vince Carter only have 1 year left on their contracts. 

Pierce for Marion, Carter, their draft picks.

Dallas waives Pierce, who goes to LAC. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

I would rather help Cuban get Howard and Paul.  Shawn Marion and Vince Carter only have 1 year left on their contracts. 

True. A core of: would be just as dangerous as paired with Harden.

CP3

Mayo

Dirk

Howard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Asik is a serviceable center./as a back up for KG....I think this Robinson kid has loads of potential...paired with Sully, they could be our future bigs..(Melo)?...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Yes please help us get rid of Dwight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Kg and Doc to the Clips for Blake and Jordan. Clips then sign Howard and Paul.
    Jordan
    Blake
    Sully
    Rondo
    Green

bench
    Bradley
    Terry
    Lee
    Bass
    Olnyk
    Melo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Kg and Doc to the Clips for Blake and Jordan. Clips then sign Howard and Paul.
    Jordan
    Blake
    Sully
    Rondo
    Green

bench
    Bradley
    Terry
    Lee
    Bass
    Olnyk
    Melo

Where is the starting sg???Bradley...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Can't be done b/c Marion has a player option so he can't be traded until AFTER Pierce's 15.3m is picked up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ok Touche. Didn't quite read that way, but I totally see what you were saying.

Yes, a Harden & CP3 duo would be amazing. Those two are such hard ballers, that Dwight might actually be able to get to the next level with them as teamates. 

Also this would leave both LA teams in shambles... which is a bonus on its own.

Danny has never been afraid of trading to make other teams contenders, especially if they're in the West. 

I'll give you credit for an interesting and creative trade idea. That is a lot of decent assets for the Celtics. I think they could probably move Lin & Lee for another piece (how about a S&T for Millsap?)

Lin is a Harvard guy and I'd bet he'd be a huge hit in the diverse Boston landscape of colleges and cultures. Hate to see him in Utah.

If they'd take Lee, Bass and Melo for Millsap I'd be all for it. With Sully and Thomas Robinson would we need him? I'd rather see us move those guys for another wing or SG. Green will swing to PF at times and with PP gone has no backup.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to GregCelts's comment:

Asik is a great Center if you have a scoring PF.  Lin does not play a lick of defense and has an awful contract that will be tough to re-trade.  Robinson is ok but not great. 

By taking Asik and Lin with their big contracts with poison-pill numbers in the last year of their contract, you kill the flexibility to get free agents in the next 2 years, but you go for the lottery in 2014

You are right.  Trading Lin wouldn't be easy.  That is the only way that CP3 would end up in Houston. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

idk ... i kind of like this trade. Howard, Paul and Harden would be an insane big3. The timing is tricky but on the 29th if things aren't looking good in clipperland, I could see them convincing Chris Paul who could convince Dwight. 

For the Celtics, this would be good and bad. The poison pills are tough. If you can trade away at least Lin right away it could be good. There are a few teams out there who could want him. Maybe a sign and trade with Utah for Millsap. I think Asiq and KG would be a formidable frontcourt with Jeff ... we could probably contend in our conference for a year or two.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I really don't understand why people are so hot for Asik.  Complete mystery to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I really don't understand why people are so hot for Asik.  Complete mystery to me.

Yeah, nobody likes 7' 26 year old C's who get 11.7 boards a game and shoot 55% from the field while hustling and defending. Yawn.

Anyhow, I'm not into this move anymore, Lin and Asik are only good in place of Lee, Terry, Melo and Wilcox going into a situation like last year where we want to contend. The 20 million they make in 2 years is too pricey for a rebuild.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Well, maybe you're right.  Just looked at Asik's stats and didn't realize they were quite that good.  I only based my opinion on the times I saw him play, which was mostly with Chicago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Well, maybe you're right.  Just looked at Asik's stats and didn't realize they were quite that good.  I only based my opinion on the times I saw him play, which was mostly with Chicago.

+1000

Classy comments teejay, I mean and say the same if I rechecked the stats, but there are a lot of posters (one specifically) here who can NEVER admit to being even slightly wrong.

Asik was new to the league and playing behind Noah in Chicago. I'd rather have him than DeAndre Jordan, but don't think he's a guy to have on a rebuild

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Since it's all speculation. We do this get Den involved and Clips get KG and terry and Doc? We get Lawson,Gallinari and Koufos. Den get Jordan,J Crawford and Melo and Clips 1st this year. Everybody wins. Den gets it's new direction and some chips,Clips get KG and Doc, we get get little wiggle room now and more down the road we keep our 1st and get 3 nice players/chips for further transactions or to be a playoff team next year. Hire George Karl and there you go

Sections
Shortcuts