Here is a real trade for DA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Here is a real trade for DA

Here is a real trade for you.   No fantasy.   Non fanatic.   Doable...  The trade is RA for .... Mo Williams.   Nobody is better at making big 3s in the clutch than RA and that would be motivation for the Clippers.   Why trade RA?   In the playoffs, the Cs are a step slower where the younger opponents are a step quicker.   Other than RR, Cs are having a harder time creating offense.   Yes, PP, but even he is having a more difficult time and in the playoffs where the intensity rises, then PP may struggle even more.   RA can't be keyed upon if playing w/ CP3 and CButler and just imagine that combination.   Bledsoe will eventually be back.   RA will give them clutch scoring.  
       Why aquire MWs?   He can play some point.   He can create.   He has struggled some in the playoffs, but everybody has weaknesses.   Maybe he'll gain more confidence in big games.   He's young.   Take some creating stress off PP (RR doesn't score from outside).   Both defense are average.  Both teams will get scorers, but in different ways.
       RA makes 10mil.   MW about 7mil, so about 2mil in salaries have to be found to even out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Here is a real trade for DA

In Response to Here is a real trade for DA:
    [QUOTE]   Here is a real trade for you.   No fantasy.   Non fanatic.   Doable...  The trade is RA for .... Mo Williams.   Nobody is better at making big 3s in the clutch than RA and that would be motivation for the Clippers.   Why trade RA?   In the playoffs, the Cs are a step slower where the younger opponents are a step quicker.   Other than RR, Cs are having a harder time creating offense.   Yes, PP, but even he is having a more difficult time and in the playoffs where the intensity rises, then PP may struggle even more.   RA can't be keyed upon if playing w/ CP3 and CButler and just imagine that combination.   Bledsoe will eventually be back.   RA will give them clutch scoring.      Why aquire MWs?   He can play some point.   He can create.   He has struggled some in the playoffs, but everybody has weaknesses.   Maybe he'll gain more confidence in big games.   He's young.   Take some creating stress off PP (RR doesn't score from outside).   Both defense are average.  Both teams will get scorers, but in different ways.    RA makes 10mil.   MW about 7mil, so about 2mil in salaries have to be found to even out
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

And why would the Clippers trade him when he has been awesome...he is much more versatile than Ray cause he can run the point.... if the Clippers are willing heck yeah you do that but trust they are not interested.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why would we want a shooter 3-4 inches shorter with 8 million owed him next season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notkyceltic. Show notkyceltic's posts

It would be a good trade for the clips, but not for the Celts.  We saw what Mo can do in the playoffs, and what I saw wasn't good.  He's not a good passer and all he can do is shoot ok when he's hot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Here is a real trade for DA:
    [QUOTE]   Here is a real trade for you.   No fantasy.   Non fanatic.   Doable...  The trade is RA for .... Mo Williams.   Nobody is better at making big 3s in the clutch than RA and that would be motivation for the Clippers.   Why trade RA?   In the playoffs, the Cs are a step slower where the younger opponents are a step quicker.   Other than RR, Cs are having a harder time creating offense.   Yes, PP, but even he is having a more difficult time and in the playoffs where the intensity rises, then PP may struggle even more.   RA can't be keyed upon if playing w/ CP3 and CButler and just imagine that combination.   Bledsoe will eventually be back.   RA will give them clutch scoring.      Why aquire MWs?   He can play some point.   He can create.   He has struggled some in the playoffs, but everybody has weaknesses.   Maybe he'll gain more confidence in big games.   He's young.   Take some creating stress off PP (RR doesn't score from outside).   Both defense are average.  Both teams will get scorers, but in different ways.    RA makes 10mil.   MW about 7mil, so about 2mil in salaries have to be found to even out.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

I actually thought of this.........but I think he is too valuable to the Clips right now...........IF they threw in Foye I would do it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Better for the Clips than the C's, IMO

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Here is a real trade for DA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here is a real trade for DA : True. Mo is only 6-2 and not better than Ray when it comes to shooting.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Mo is well under six feet.  He is smaller than Chris Paul who admits to being under six feet.  With guards of this size anyone listed at 6 feet 1 is a good two inches less than that height.  If you have watched Mo he is very small.  Never in my dreams did I think that Ray Allen even now could not get significantly more than Mo Williams.  I am shocked anyone could consider it.  Maybe for JO as a back up point guard,  he would be a good get.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shady13. Show shady13's posts

stupid

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

And I thought I smoked too much weed....

Ray Allen for Mo Williams ?

I can't even think of a wisecrack that would do this one justice.

How about Worst Trade Ever ? (sorry Antoine)

PS:  In Danny I Trust...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]At least I want Amare or Pau Gasol for Ray. Mo Williams for Ray? Ha Ha
    Is Rondo the only way we get these two big men?  I wonder if a Varajeo(I know they say he is not available) or Taj Gibson in a package that fits for Ray would ever work.  A tough real athlete who can rebound and score would do the trick.

We have seen when we can rebound it lightens the load for Celtics in a way they all start to click.  Danny has to know or doesn't he?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

If it's 27yo for 27yo... not good trade.   But, RA isn't for the Cs for long.  Is he the oldest of the "old 3"?  Sure the Cs beat Raptors by 35 tonight.   But, over the last couple yrs, RA has struggled more and more in the playoffs.   I don't look at reg season.   I look at the playoffs.   Cs are a 48 win team w/ reg 82gm schedule.   You are smoking something if you don't know MW is 6'2" (now I will agree that EMoore isn't 6'4" but closer to 6'2" or 6'1").   So while you want to hold on to RA, he's gonna be like Howard, gone from a team w/o compensation.   Now, you can say 'I want RA to retire as a Celtic'.   That's another topic for another time.   But, he wasn't drafted as a C, like PP.   You're not gonna get a quality big for a guard.   For the argument of would the Clips go for it?   Well all these trade senerios are that it takes two to play.   But, if the Clips are serious about winning it all.   They'll think long and hard.   As for the Cs, it's about building for the future w/o too much of a drop off now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

If I have time (not as much as DA/Papille), then I'm gonna build you (and DA) a team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

For example.   Those of you who think JGreen is the answer (like DA) are smoking something.   You have to say that he is the heir apparent to PP and Reggie Lewis...lol (remember, PP is retired in two yrs.   Even Havlichek had to retire).   JG can't carry their bags in offensive abilities.   And, his D isn't anything to write about (stinks).   Cs haven't done anything for the future in the past 4 yrs.  In fact I wouldn't need to discuss this trade if DA obtained Harden instead of JG (Maybe he got used as we'll never know if OKC woulda consented if DA asked).  Who is gonna be the center?   Shooting guard (AB..lol)?   All they have is a pg (RR) and two pf (Bass and JJohnson).   If you're looking for top 3 lottery pick, well the Cs are on their way.   Top 5 (or 3) can bring another JG, Telfair or Yi if DA is drafting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why the world the Clippers are going to trade away one or two of their top seven players from their roster if they are the second best NBA western conference team.  And they are making into the playoff for the first time in a long time.  Their chemistry is working perfectly.

Not going to happen!!!

More like to a team that may barely make into the playoff such as Cleveland, Orlando, Portland, etc.  But who are the player that Boston will get in return.  These teams arent going to give up their top five best players....more likely a bench player.  

Come on guys, stop talking about trade.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What I am saying is that most talents are more likely going to stay with the teams in nowsaday!!!  Why they world they want to give up their own talent player to the Celtics to make the Celtics a better team while the other team will become a downgraded team.  Like the Wizzards, Bobcats, etc.

Look at NBA, it is totally a mess.  Too many over-rated players.  These teams rather to give up their own over-rated players, and try to keep talents on the roster.  For example, do you think Charlotte would give up Kemba or Augustin? No, maybe they could try to give up Maggette who is 32 years old.  

If the Celtics get a guy like Maggette or maybe Nash or an average center, it will not make the team any better!!!  Getting Howard, yes, but we all know that the Celtics will have to give up alot for him such as Rondo/Allen along with maybe one or two first round picks!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here is a real trade for DA : That's because you're looking at the wrong teams. Didn't the Lakers already trade Pau Gasol before the season started? Right now the Lakers are looking for a PG. We have an All-Star PG available, right? The Knicks are not even the 8th seed in the east. Amare and Melo just can't coexist. And Hornets are shopping Kaman.

Gasol is too slow to play for Boston.  Cant have Gasol, Pierce and Garnett on the same court.  That would be the slowest frontcourt in NBA!!  Yes Lakers need a PG, but why the world Boston want to help the Lakers to get any better. Boston hates Lakers!!!  Also Bradley is just in his first year playing as a starting PG.  We are not sure if he is going to be a good future PG.  That is why it is better to keep two for now until we see if Bradley can improve or not.

For the Knicks, they made a mistake for letting Billups go cuz Billups along with Melo and Amare have been playing well in the second half of the season last year.  Since he was waived, the Knicks cant get the team going.  Yes having Rondo would help the team a bit, but one of the two scorers got to go such as either Melo or Amare.  Also Rondo cant shoot outside which that is the Knicks's main other problem this year.  Knicks just need SG/PG badly!!!

But seriously, trading Rondo is going to be a huge mistake.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Celts are doing well with Bradley and Moore at PG. When Dooling returns we will have 3 capable PGs. Rondo is expendable right now. It's all about the system. Once the ball crosses halfcourt the offense will take care of itself.  Many here said we would not win games without Rondo. Guess what? We're 6-2 without Rondo.

And the Celtics played against Raptors, Orlando, Cavs, etc during the 8 game span.  Any top 16 teams can beat those teams too, and what is worst, they would  go 8-0 compare  to Boston only went 6-2!!