Here we go again, Chris Paul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Here we go again, Chris Paul

Bleacher reporter article suggest the Celtics are the best team to get Paul, Rondo, Greeen, rookies and draft choices--for a one year rental-  I JUST AM NOT SURE THIS PAUL GUY CAN BRING US A TITLE THIS YEAR WITH THE WAY HEAT, BULLS, AND NY ARE LOADED UP;  It is going to be a dog fight in the East similar to what the West was like the last few years.  I know of Rondo's negatives but he is still a very good guard, not all star but near star and I am wondering if this deal is worth the risk? any thoughts

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Here we go again, Chris Paul

Fierce,
    Why would Danny have signed Green knowing one of the pieces he needs is going to make the Paul deal impossible? 

I think the Paul rental will not help with Dwight as the Lakers have made it clear they know he will come to Los Angeles.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I wouldn't do this anyway....giving away all this for a PG with suspect knees? For a one-year rental? No thanks.
    And besides, Paul may be a better all-round PG but Rondo is more fun to watch most of the time.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Paul may be headed to the Clips but there is no indication that he will extend beyond this season, which means he may just wait out his time to permanently stay at Staples, as a Laker, next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Here we go again, Chris Paul:
    In Response to Re: Here we go again, Chris Paul : I agree. I also think we don't need Paul. I think we have a pretty good team as it is. Rondo just needs to shoot the ball more.
    Posted by Kirk6

Kirk, Shoot more, get fouled MORE and go to the ft line MORE?
    You are being faceitious, right? Rondo is opposition target #1 to foul
    with ball in 4th quarter. He has to learn to shoot FTs...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Paul may be headed to the Clips but there is no indication that he will extend beyond this season, which means he may just wait out his time to permanently stay at Staples, as a Laker, next year.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

I think the Clipps threw the Minn 1st RD pick into the deal after CP3 agreed to pick-up his option and stay in LA at least thru 2012-13. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I wouldn't make that trade. The Celtics would give up too much to rent Paul for the year.  First, his head might be in New York or LA while his body is in Boston, and that body has some issues: his left knee is suspect. He had his meniscus removed, not repaired, which takes away the natural shock absorption that it provided. The much-vaunted microsurgery has never proven to replace the cartilage to the same degree that a repaired meniscus that remains in sutu can. I've actually had the surgery, spent 12 weeks on crutches while the scar tissue was forming, and can say that in my case (**important** - not everyone has the same outcome) the surgery and post-surgical limitations did nothing for me. Hyalronic acid injections were much more effective and lasted a year. CP might turn into another JO or Shaq - too injured to contribute. And in the process, the Celtics would have lost two young players that represent the future (I know, Green's got a 1-yr contract).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by Lakerstroll

You crack me up!!  HOW??  They don't have salary cap space, and can't create it.  Well, they could.  They could trade Gasol AND Bynum for expiring contracts, then amnesty Metta World Peace - and if they are dumb enough to do that, they can HAVE Chris Paul!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I wouldn't make that trade. The Celtics would give up too much to rent Paul for the year.  First, his head might be in New York or LA while his body is in Boston, and that body has some issues: his left knee is suspect. He had his meniscus removed, not repaired, which takes away the natural shock absorption that it provided. The much-vaunted microsurgery has never proven to replace the cartilage to the same degree that a repaired meniscus that remains in sutu can. I've actually had the surgery, spent 12 weeks on crutches while the scar tissue was forming, and can say that in my case (**important** - not everyone has the same outcome) the surgery and post-surgical limitations did nothing for me. Hyalronic acid injections were much more effective and lasted a year. CP might turn into another JO or Shaq - too injured to contribute. And in the process, the Celtics would have lost two young players that represent the future (I know, Green's got a 1-yr contract).
    Posted by painter

Only way he can go to the Knicks now is if someone takes Amare's contract and his apostrophe!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lakertroll,
    The Clippers will never let Paul come without a committment.  Even you can understand that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Throwing out the proverbial baby with the bath water for one player doesn't guaranty anything, especially a championship. I say, in that trade, Paul is too expensive and doesn't return the value of what the Celtics would be sending away. Renting Chris Paul, whose heart and head will be somewhere else all year, would be a disaster in my mind.  He's had some injury issues, and has no incentive to play that wellin a temporary situation, relying on his reputation a the premier pg in the league. I'd rather see Rondo trying to prove he's the best pg than Paul on cruise control.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Looks like the NBA is asking too much for CP3 (again), so trade with Clipps is on hold (again) but I still have a feeling that somehow he'll be playing his home games in the Staples Center next year regardless of the laundry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Here we go again, Chris Paul : Remember, at that time CP3 was already headed to the Lakers, not once but twice! Dwight going to the Lakers will not result in a championship. Kobe and Dwight with 30-year olds? Blake, Fisher, Artest, Barnes, and Walton are all over 30 years old. Even if Dwight goes to the Lakers they will not win a championship. Believing the Lakers will get Dwight for only Andrew Bynum is crap! I mean who are they kidding?
    Posted by Fiercest34

This has been posted many times but I definitely agree with you that Orlando isn't going to trade Howard for Bynum.  The Lakers would have to trade Bynum and someone else to get Howard.  Orlando has to make a trade that is beneficial to their organization and doesn't just benefit the Lakers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Yep, like they did with Gasol and Shack.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This it just too funny.  The CP3 deal with the Clippers is DEAD.

I think he's going to want to go to Orlando now.

The Hornets (NBA) is asking way too much for this guy.  No team is going to throw away everything for Paul.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

This it just too funny.  The CP3 deal with the Clippers is DEAD. I think he's going to want to go to Orlando now. The Hornets (NBA) is asking way too much for this guy.  No team is going to throw away everything for Paul.
    Posted by Petey62

The NBA wants him to stay in NO.  And they want Howard to stay in ORL........it's clear as glass, and what I've been saying for a long time:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217417/Howard_On_Orlando_This_Is_The_Place_I_Want_To_Be_But_Changes_Needed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why are the number one and two picks not at practice yet? Green has not practiced.  Bass has not shown up yet? And Rondo has an injured ankle?

You know where I am going with this.  I think Danny is taking a last shot at Paul.

Think about it why is Bass not here, Baby has reported.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if celts are giving up bass, they better get paul and okafor

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

if celts are giving up bass, they better get paul and okafor
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Where have I heard THAT one before?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Here we go again, Chris Paul : Where have I heard THAT one before?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

haha yea u are right though, okafor may be almost as valuable to us as cp3 would be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Consider this is being attempted right now in all probability. Why is Bass not here?

Sections
Shortcuts