Here We Go Again!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Here We Go Again!

The doomers, the gloomers, the nay-sayers, the panicky types, the Negative Nellies, they are out in force today, eh? 

Ain't it a joke?

Just like after every other Celtic loss this season.

It truly is predictable and laughable.  LOl

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Tommy was right. The Celtics lost this game because Kevin Garnett and Krstic were in foul trouble. Garnett was never able to get into a rhythm and poor Kristic just get destroyed by the ref's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Here We Go Again!:
    AJ Price and Darren Collison combined for 32 points, Collison scored 8 points in the last 5:28 of the game. Sure Hibbert killed the Celtics, but it wasn't BBD's fault that Krstic couldn't stay out of foul trouble.  Granger's season average is 20.5 ppg, he had 18 points against the Celts. And it was not Pierce who left Granger wide open for a corner 3 in the 4th qtr. The board idiot prefers to act like a true idiot just to find a way to pin the loss on Pierce! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Works every time, Knucklehead Smith!!  Enjoy the dance!!  BAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are so easy to control, i just use one hand to pull the strings!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Tommy was right. The Celtics lost this game because Kevin Garnett and Krstic were in foul trouble. Garnett was never able to get into a rhythm and poor Kristic just get destroyed by the ref's.
    Posted by calvinator

You're absolutely right.  Not only did KG and Krstic get neutralized by foul trouble, they also got pummeled ON the court while the refs looked the other way.  KG got elbowed in the head on a rebound.  Krstic got body-checked and knocked down on another.  I don't like to blame the refs but this was just ridiculous.  Call fouls or don't call fouls but at least have the same standard for each team...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG was not aggressive at ANY POINT in the game last night.  Let's not suggest that his foul trouble was the reason.  He just wasn't aggressive.  He had 3 fouls and then got that stupid 4th foul after being fouled by Hansborough (sp?).  KG has to be smarter than that.  That was maybe midway in the 3rd quarter.

Nevertheless, he was not aggressive at any time before that.  He hit a jumper early in the 1st quarter and then he finished a fast break pass from Rondo by laying in the ball.  Other than that, THAT WAS IT FOR HIM!  Donny even commented that KG lately has been passing up alot of open shots right at the rim.

IMO, he's been treating the ball like a hot potato.  As soon as he gets it, seems that he's quickly passing it out of his hands like it's hot.  KG isn't even looking for his shot.  He's trying to make that extra pass way too much when he should be putting the ball up.

And also, the Celtics did not lose because KG or Krstic were in foul trouble.  We lost because we could not stop anybody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying, but do you think some of this tentative play from Garnett is precisely to avoid foul trouble?  Given the thin bench we have for bigs other than Baby?  I thought at least one of those fouls was cheap.  Just thinking out loud...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The C's shortcomings aren't due to bad calls by the officials. I believe they went to the line more than the Pacers did last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

That may be true, but there are were a couple hideous no-calls on the Pacers and some really cheap calls against the Celtics.  Shouldn't have affected the outcome of the game. I agree with that.  It made me angry nonetheless.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Neither Pierce nor KG deserve any bashing. They are immune due to their heroics and significant HOF contributions over the years.  When in doubt, blame Rondo.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Here We Go Again! : You're a Celtic fan, can you really believe that there is a Celtic fan out there that has the utmost hate for Paul Pierce? I mean can you enjoy watching Celtic games if you hate Paul Pierce?
    Posted by Fiercest34

It's crying time again!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceItic. Show kyceItic's posts

In Response to Re: Here We Go Again! :  It's crying time again!!
    Posted by kyceltic

W T F are you doing, dink? he's not even talking to you, you're stalking! STOP MAKING US LOOK BAD!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying, but do you think some of this tentative play from Garnett is precisely to avoid foul trouble?  Given the thin bench we have for bigs other than Baby?  I thought at least one of those fouls was cheap.  Just thinking out loud...
    Posted by MsLithium21

I thought about that MsLithium21 but he's just been tentative all around.  I mean, offensively, he isn't even looking for his shot.  Have you noticed that lately he's been making quick passes as soon as he touches the ball?  He's been doing that too much lately.  It is getting more and more rare that he gets the ball and holds onto it for 3 seconds deciding what move to put on a defender.  He'll do that once or twice but he mainly catches and passes.

The majority of the time he gets a pass and quickly passes it to someone else.  He even does this 5 feet from the basket when he should be going up strong.

Defensively, I have NEVER seen KG be tentative even when he has 3 fouls early.  I wish he "dialed it down" a bit in those situations.  He's covering a guy way out front and I mean close.  I wish he just took a step or two back and let the guy make a move and defend from there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

That may be true, but there are were a couple hideous no-calls on the Pacers and some really cheap calls against the Celtics.  Shouldn't have affected the outcome of the game. I agree with that.  It made me angry nonetheless.
    Posted by MsLithium21

Seems like everytime I watch the Pacers and Celtics I have to listen to Quinn Buckner. He is every bit as big a homer as Tommy H is.  Even Quinn was saying some of the fouls called on the Celtics were ridiculous.  I couldn't believe I was hearing it.  The 4th foul on KG was ludicrous.  The man just ran straight into him and there was very little contact.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

This just might be me. But, every once in a while the notion crosses my mind that maybe, just maybe, the players, coach and GM of the Boston Celtics might know something about NBA basketball that I don't.  I know its hard to imagine. 

Look at last years record and we were 3-7 for the last 10 games of the regular season. Why? Maybe, just maybe it's the coaches, players, and GM's strategy for resting up for the playoffs, or messing with the other teams mind. 

I read about a cigar smoking guy and his hall of fame center in the old Boston Garden who would do all shorts of stunts the last month of the season to mess with other teams minds. 

Something good (Herman Hermits) might be about to happen. 

Sections
Shortcuts