Now that I've cooled down a bit, I wanted to raise what I think is an important and fair point.

When an NBA player makes a mistake, or does something stupid, they are punished by the league. This has been carried so far as set-in-stone rules, such as if a player makes contact with an official, regardless of how much contact, and regardless of the circumstances, they will be suspended. While such firm and unflexible rules seem unfair to me, I could live with them if they were applied and carried out across the board.

Where I'm going with this, is that NBA officials need to be held accountable for their mistakes, just as the players are for theirs. If an NBA official blatantly misses a call, they should be fined and/or suspended for some amount of time. All I ask for is consistency, and it certainly doesn't exist as of now.

Now this is all unlikely to happen, as Stern has nothing to gain by doing this. His plan to fix games, and therefore maximize revenue would be intervened with in this idea of mine -- but if the league had any amount of credibility, they would show consistency across the board.

I'm at odds as to whether I should continue to watch the series. I have such an emotional attatchment to the Celtics and the guys on the court, but I also want to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. 

Some of you will call me crazy, but I look forward to the day when I log onto ESPN and see in big, bold letters on the front page that credible sources have come forward stating that David Stern influenced the outcome of games. I'm sure lots of people never thought the Donaghy scandal would ever exist. It's too obvious -- it's only a matter of time, really.