HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: I WANT BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

Come on man.  I also want Kevin Durant to back up Pierce but it isn't going to happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: I WANT BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

In Response to Re: I WANT BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]Come on man.  I also want Kevin Durant to back up Pierce but it isn't going to happen.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]i changed by thread title just to explain the context better for you. billlups is in play. denver would like to trade him with carmelo to give their carolina PG more time. he has made it clear that he does not want to play with NJ. so what? they can still throw him in there and have NJ buy him out. its only cash for that billionaire. the real issue is if melo will do the extension. i think he will for Ny looks to be keeping their core together. how much better is melo than chandler, landry fields and the italian stud together? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

Only problem would be that Billlups is a better all around point that our point, I did not say that our point is bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]Only problem would be that Billlups is a better all around point that our point, I did not say that our point is bad.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]but billups is almost 35 so no like steve nash, he should not be starting. plus he only has 5 assists per game and shoots 41% overall from the floor while shooting a career high 43% from the 3. he clearly would be a great tweener guard to backup both rondo and allen. he could easily play about 20-35 minutes a game while closing out most games and playing in 3 guard sets! i think billups wants a ring. who will give him a better shot than us and a better lockerroom? btw, he is shooting over 90% from the foul line! just imagine the kind of spacing and shooting percentages this team will have then!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Sounds good on paper

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Do we still own the rights to Kenny Anderson?  Maybe we could throw those in for Billups?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

WHERE IS SCAL?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE] I am certain danny is already talking in the backdoor to billups and his folks in same way he did with sam cassell. he would be ideal. i am assuming he wil be traded to nets then get his buyout, then celts will swoop in. y would he go to LA or anywhere else? miami is all set with arryo and guys who dominate the ball. orlando has 4 of them on its roster esp with arenas and nelson. in LA everything goes thru kobe at the end and derek fisher will be closing games.. period! plus steve blake is pretty good. i will take him if LA cuts ties in a billups move but i do not see it happening.  billups wants a ring. celts can offer the minimum for rest of the year. at that point with delonte and nate on the roster (nate signed thru next year), i would cut von wafer or avery (leaning towards wafer for avery is the better defender with higher upside). now we would have a guy far superior to rondo at the end of games like tonight versus chicago. he can hit foul shots (with guys on the sides), is up there with ray and paul in burying late game jumpers and is as savvy as you can get as a veteran... plus there is some unfinished business for how he left boston the first time!  rondont is still the superior 3 quarters player but you have billups on that bench with the game 7 scenario and celts have their second ring right now! it wasnt a big man issue, more about a PG who could not take offensive control or draw respect as kobe just rested on defense as lakers played 4-5! nate will become inactive in the playoffs, and delonte could be ray's backup while along with chauncey while playing some 3! imagine our small ball 3 guard (rondo-bill-delonte) line up with paul at the 4? 
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Somehow we can talk about how there should be some discussion about whether Perk should start ahead of Rondo but and now there is some talk about Billups backing up rondo.....    is there even a remote possibility that a better point guard should start?..........  close games and back up Rondo..... why do you guys continue to make me change my depends?

Pierce, Ray, and KG and are saying Danny.... is there anyway you can get us a player that can run the team but not shoot from the floor, not shoot from the line, and not shoot from 3 and substitute just about any player in your position that can??????

Pierce, KG, Shaq, and Ray are sitting around a table and they are playing cards and somehow the conversation comes up and Ray says is there is anyway we can get a point guard that can shoot, they all shake their heads and say no, then Pierce says is there anyuway you guys can get this double team off me, and they say no... ditto for KG......................

Oddly and much to the chagrine of most posters, Rondo is the worst shooter, worst 3 point shooter,and worst  freebie shoooter,,, but for some stupid coaches plan otherwise.....

well unless of course you incluce coach K who laughs at Rondo and Doc whose vitriol includes Rondos inability to shoot hurt the CS in the playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sounds good but a lot owuld have to happen. Billups would fit in well with our vets. He's got the same type of game. I think it would spook Rondo though.

We would have to move Nate or West just to get something in return. I wouldn't want West around if Billups is backing up Rondo. Now you could do a Billups/West backcourt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think Billups will change his mind about not wanting to play for the Nets once he realizes that Melo, Rip Hamilton and Brook Lopez are all going to play with him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : Somehow we can talk about how there should be some discussion about whether Perk should start ahead of Rondo but and now there is some talk about Billups backing up rondo.....    is there even a remote possibility that a better point guard should start?..........  close games and back up Rondo..... why do you guys continue to make me change my depends? Pierce, Ray, and KG and are saying Danny.... is there anyway you can get us a player that can run the team but not shoot from the floor, not shoot from the line, and not shoot from 3 and substitute just about any player in your position that can?????? Pierce, KG, Shaq, and Ray are sitting around a table and they are playing cards and somehow the conversation comes up and Ray says is there is anyway we can get a point guard that can shoot, they all shake their heads and say no, then Pierce says is there anyuway you guys can get this double team off me, and they say no... ditto for KG...................... Oddly and much to the chagrine of most posters, Rondo is the worst shooter, worst 3 point shooter,and worst  freebie shoooter,,, but for some stupid coaches plan otherwise..... well unless of course you incluce coach K who laughs at Rondo and Doc whose vitriol includes Rondos inability to shoot hurt the CS in the playoffs
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

is this a serious post? first of all, why would they all play and not include rondo? lol jk. but seriously. your claiming that rondo is the worst shooter in the league, honestly?? and im really hoping your not going to try to tell this poster that Billups is better than Rondo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

in saying that..i agree this might be a good idea..not only for close games but backup altogether. BUT. you forget we already have a backup. Delonte West. wait for him to come back and play and see wat happens before we suggest a change

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : is this a serious post? first of all, why would they all play and not include rondo? lol jk. but seriously. your claiming that rondo is the worst shooter in the league, honestly?? and im really hoping your not going to try to tell this poster that Billups is better than Rondo. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Oh he will say that and more, he is the DUDDER, a racist negative clown whose opinions are garbage on this forum and who isn't even a fan of the team...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds good but a lot owuld have to happen. Billups would fit in well with our vets. He's got the same type of game. I think it would spook Rondo though. We would have to move Nate or West just to get something in return. I wouldn't want West around if Billups is backing up Rondo. Now you could do a Billups/West backcourt.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

awwwwww, well, can we spook precious rajon and his 40% free throws already?  can we hit him with the de-fibs and end this embarrassment of an offensive game that IS rondo? 

he "leads the league" in assists.  WOOOO HOOOO, i'm really psyched about that.  any point guard could do that if they refused to shoot the ball.  and yum yum YUM, i can't wait for the post season when rondo will be EXTRA REALLY AFRAID (since his FT% is worse than ever before) to TOUCH the basketball come fourth quarter time. 

Enter billups.  play billups, he is not perfecdt but will spread the floor and hit some clutch shots, and is a servicable passer.

Forget about precious Rajon's feelings.  He NEEDS to be spooked because he's had his whole progression of pay scale and starter status handed to him before he's earned it.  But it's never too late.  Check that, it WILL be too late if rondo makes it through this year as a 40% free throw starting point guard in the NBA.

if he can pull off that trickery and get away with it then NOTHING will ever get through to him that he needs a complete individual game for the sake of the team game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

aciemvp

Well Rondo is the cornerstone of the future why would you want to pis him off, lower his confidence or get him distracted?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]aciemvp Well Rondo is the cornerstone of the future why would you want to pis him off, lower his confidence or get him distracted?

How is it possible to lower Rondo's confidence?

Impossible!!!!

After gracing the SI cover and leading in all star votes?

Impossible!!!

The kid is supremely confidence... unless of course he has to handle the ball at crunch time.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Backup PG isn't our biggest need or problem. It would be nice to get Billups but I wouldn't put that at the top of the list.

If the C's don't have to give up anything to get Billups I'm all for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bais, they won't let Rondo play because he wants to deal every hand!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]aciemvp Well Rondo is the cornerstone of the future why would you want to pis him off, lower his confidence or get him distracted?

you're right bias, if we "tick him off" he might drop his FT's to 25% and only take 4 shots a game.  good thinking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Backup PG isn't our biggest need or problem. It would be nice to get Billups but I wouldn't put that at the top of the list. If the C's don't have to give up anything to get Billups I'm all for it.

you're right- assuming we make the playoffs, primary point guard is our biggest concern.  we need a point guard to do something out there other than 1) overpass the dots off the ball, 2) refuse to shoot, 3) scared to handle ball in 4th quarter of close games, 4) shoots 40% free throws, 5) thinks the world of himself.

if you thought the lakers series was torture on the eyes last year, get ready for the NEW and DE-VOLVED rondo- last year he struggled himself up to 60% freebies and got "hot" before the playoffs, if he wants to be in the same place again, he'll have to start shooting the ball well now. 

until rondo hits 70% free throws and can be a decent scoring threat, he's nothing to build a house of popsicle sticks around.  his defense is lacking, his balls are non-existent.  he must really think he's part of the mensa club to believe he doesn't have to score to be an elite point guard. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : you're right- assuming we make the playoffs, primary point guard is our biggest concern.  we need a point guard to do something out there other than 1) overpass the dots off the ball, 2) refuse to shoot, 3) scared to handle ball in 4th quarter of close games, 4) shoots 40% free throws, 5) thinks the world of himself. if you thought the lakers series was torture on the eyes last year, get ready for the NEW and DE-VOLVED rondo- last year he struggled himself up to 60% freebies and got "hot" before the playoffs, if he wants to be in the same place again, he'll have to start shooting the ball well now.  until rondo hits 70% free throws and can be a decent scoring threat, he's nothing to build a house of popsicle sticks around.  his defense is lacking, his balls are non-existent.  he must really think he's part of the mensa club to believe he doesn't have to score to be an elite point guard. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]just look at last nite.. if rondo is a shooting threat ry is likely wide open on that last turnover or even the previous rondo turnover. if we had one of the better point guards like a rose, cp, or williams, they are the ones takining those threes or passing to a wide open ray because they such threats. everyone knows rondo aint shooting.. teams are now just overplaying off him!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont understand this..from what im seeing Rondo has been shooting the ball. would you really like him to take 25 shots a game like kobe? is that when your gunna say "ok he is shooting the ball. his last 5 games he has taken 8, 10, 7, 14, and 8 shots. sooo..wheres the hes not shooting coming from? unless, like i said, you want him shooting 25 shots a game and taking shots away from pp and ray. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]i dont understand this..from what im seeing Rondo has been shooting the ball. would you really like him to take 25 shots a game like kobe? is that when your gunna say "ok he is shooting the ball. his last 5 games he has taken 8, 10, 7, 14, and 8 shots. sooo..wheres the hes not shooting coming from? unless, like i said, you want him shooting 25 shots a game and taking shots away from pp and ray. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

If the defense gives Rondo 25 wide open looks, he has to take 25 shots. Otherwise, like the last play of Houston game, a wide open Rondo is passing to a double teamed RA... and that simply doesn't work.

Rondo has to take what the defense gives him, like it or not... and every other player has to do like wise.

That's the way the game is played. To refuse to take what the defense gives you is disaster because that's the best shot your team is likely to get. You cannot turn it down.

When the defense cheats on you, you've got to make them pay.

They are causing your teammates more and more trouble while you stand there holding your johnson.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Lets get SHEED (age 36) and Billups (age 35) and it will make this team the oldest in the history of the NBA.

Between KG, Ray, PP, Shaq, JON and these guys you have a combined 243 yrs!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : you're right- assuming we make the playoffs, primary point guard is our biggest concern.  we need a point guard to do something out there other than 1) overpass the dots off the ball, 2) refuse to shoot, 3) scared to handle ball in 4th quarter of close games, 4) shoots 40% free throws, 5) thinks the world of himself. if you thought the lakers series was torture on the eyes last year, get ready for the NEW and DE-VOLVED rondo- last year he struggled himself up to 60% freebies and got "hot" before the playoffs, if he wants to be in the same place again, he'll have to start shooting the ball well now.  until rondo hits 70% free throws and can be a decent scoring threat, he's nothing to build a house of popsicle sticks around.  his defense is lacking, his balls are non-existent.  he must really think he's part of the mensa club to believe he doesn't have to score to be an elite point guard. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

aciemvp,

I've noticed you only crticize Rondo when he plays a bad game but you don't you don't give him credit when he gets a triple double or gets 15+ assists. If we didn't have Rondo we'd be a 4th seed no doubt...even with KG. I'll live with the good and the bad in Rondo because we have no choice. If we had Billups than we'd have other options when it was called upon.

Sections
Shortcuts