HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!

In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : just look at last nite.. if rondo is a shooting threat ry is likely wide open on that last turnover or even the previous rondo turnover. if we had one of the better point guards like a rose, cp, or williams, they are the ones takining those threes or passing to a wide open ray because they such threats. everyone knows rondo aint shooting.. teams are now just overplaying off him!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]i dont agree with this point... no need for him to shoot 25 shots just because the defense is giving him those shots.. as a famous coach once said wisely "there is a reason they are giving u wide open shots 25 times a game!"..even ray doesnt take all the open shots given to him... you sometimes want to drive to the hoop anyways or make the extra pass or something just to make it clear that you can still dictate your terms regardless  of what the defense wants. rondo needs to take at least 10 shots per game with 0ne or 2 being a triple , one or 2 from mid range without the clock being down to one or two. bottom line he must become more of a SHOOTING threat and eventually to do so in the clutch with 2 minutes or less in the game. unless he can shoot free throws, he becomes as important as shaq used to be with the lakers in his heydey (not very much)in the clutch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : i dont agree with this point... no need for him to shoot 25 shots just because the defense is giving him those shots.. as a famous coach once said wisely "there is a reason they are giving u wide open shots 25 times a game!"..even ray doesnt take all the open shots given to him... you sometimes want to drive to the hoop anyways or make the extra pass or something just to make it clear that you can still dictate your terms regardless  of what the defense wants. rondo needs to take at least 10 shots per game with 0ne or 2 being a triple , one or 2 from mid range without the clock being down to one or two. bottom line he must become more of a SHOOTING threat and eventually to do so in the clutch with 2 minutes or less in the game. unless he can shoot free throws, he becomes as important as shaq used to be with the lakers in his heydey (not very much)in the clutch
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

exactly. people complain about BBD davis shooting too much..but according to puddin's logic, hes supposed to shoot everytime he gets the ball with room, which is about 33 times a night. as the pg YOU dictate your offense, you dont let the defense dictate it for you. if we EVER see Rondo take 25 shots in a game with this team around him, it means they are all injured and out of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : exactly. people complain about BBD davis shooting too much..but according to puddin's logic, hes supposed to shoot everytime he gets the ball with room, which is about 33 times a night. as the pg YOU dictate your offense, you dont let the defense dictate it for you. if we EVER see Rondo take 25 shots in a game with this team around him, it means they are all injured and out of the game.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

A PG can only dictate the offense when the PG can get the defense's full attention by being a threat of some sort to make something happen.

In Rondo's case, when the game is on the line they ignore him... so he dictates/forces virtually nothing. They are calling the shots, forcing the action by sagging/clogging/doubling as  Rondo is standing there watching, holding his johnson.

When left wide open with the ball in hand, a PG either had to take the shot (and hit a reasonable number)... or make a  play. That way he becomes a threat. If he doesn't, he gets ignores even more.

Throwing the ball into traffic or to a teammate double teamed... is not a play. That's a TO.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]i dont understand this..from what im seeing Rondo has been shooting the ball. would you really like him to take 25 shots a game like kobe? is that when your gunna say "ok he is shooting the ball. his last 5 games he has taken 8, 10, 7, 14, and 8 shots. sooo..wheres the hes not shooting coming from? unless, like i said, you want him shooting 25 shots a game and taking shots away from pp and ray. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

jamez- another typical zero or a million miles an hour arguement in defense of rondo.  and that's all there is to fall back upon.  rondo could take 10 shots a game and be great IF THOSE TEN SHOTS MEANT ANYTHING.

and by that i mean the following- "spreading the floor" when it comes to being a point guard does NOT MEAN THAT YOU TAKE TEN THOUSAND SHOTS A GAME.  rather, it means that you are a VIABLE THREAT to shoot the ball with accuracy, such that you can 1) keep the undivided attention of your defender, 2) other players who are better shooters like ray and pierce can get open easier, 3) you can easily pump fake  your man and initiate a dribble drive that can result in havoc in the paint and easy dish down or out to another man, and LASTLY 4) you CAN SHOOT.

The point guard has to be a complete set of threats in order for a team to be at its best, or even close.  with rondo, you have a half a bag of tricks who tries to spray lysol (tons of assists) to cover up the stink in his outside game.  it doesn't hide the fact that as a result of rondo's incomplete game, he/we .......... :

1) have to pass the ball around much more
    2) run the shot clock down a lot more as rondo is over-passing since he won't shoot and his sag-off man is clogging up ray and pierce's cutting schemes
    3) OVER PASSING THE BALL
    4) (rondo here) PASSES UP WILDLY GOOD WIDE OPEN SHOTS because he cannot / will not shoot
    5) CREATE INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM TURNOVERS via the horrific over-passing and run-out shot clocks that should never occur.

All you have to realize is that the guys running basketball camp when you were a kid were NOT full of BS.  every player (other than a 5 perhaps) should be a triple threat- dribble, pass, shoot, or you are going to become a liability to your team.

Hate to tell all of you fondofrondo's out there, but rondo is the worst liability of a PG in the league.  He's is simply an embellished jacque vaughan, but no GM gamve jacque the big coins because he couldn't shoot.  granted, jacque didn't have the rebounding skills and fancy ball fakes that make people go "ahhh" that rondo does, but at the end of the day, they are almost the same player.  in fact vaughan COULD HIT 70% free throws and rondo cannot.  or consider brevin knight.  although injured all the time, another lightning quick PG with no shot who never got the starting nod.

so danny has made his bed, given his DOUBLE (note, not triple) thread PG a handsome contract extension and lo and behold the exalted rajon shows up shooting worse than ever this year.  would you look at that!  what a big surprise.

in short, if you guys think this team isn't going to hit the skids hard due to rondo in the playoffs, you're crazy.  just like last year in the lakers series when kobe go the WHHOLE SERIES OFF DEFENSIVELY.  how can anyone ignore that and/or acccept it?  i don't get it.  are you that inebriated with a fancy ball fake that you can forget that?  K O B E, one of the best playahs in the league was given the whole series off defensively by rondo's incomplete game.  if you don't believe me, then go watch the games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S HOW EASILY WE CAN GET BILLUPS TO CLOSE GAMES & BACKUP RONDO! : aciemvp, I've noticed you only crticize Rondo when he plays a bad game but you don't you don't give him credit when he gets a triple double or gets 15+ assists. If we didn't have Rondo we'd be a 4th seed no doubt...even with KG. I'll live with the good and the bad in Rondo because we have no choice. If we had Billups than we'd have other options when it was called upon.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

bias, you're full of crap, again.  WHEN rondo gets a triple double then it's good for the team.  but when he gets a triple double that still shirks the responsibility of making the outside shot, then it's just window dressing. 

can you or anyon explain to me the crooked (backward) development curve on this kid's shooting?  is the fact that as time goes on his shooting is getting markedly worse at his tender young age the "we have no choice" that you refer to?

we do have a choice.  you can call a spade a spade and recognize a pile of crap for what it is.  the lack of completeness in rondo's game, including 40% free throw shooting is a pile of crap, i'm sorry to say.

go back and look- when rondo was somehow magically "hot" in the early series of playoffs last year, i said that i thought his play was great and that i hoped it lasted.  however, there was no precedent for it lasting since he had just started to try shooting the ball in the last month of the season- another unprecedented stunted, jaded, gilted phase of rondo's development that has been tolerated by the team- the "don't worry danny, i'll do all my homework in the last 15 games and pass the test (playoffs) with flying colors". 

well, as you saw, the gas ran out of rondo's jumper long before the playoffs were over, and the beneficiary was lakers and kobe.  kobe was gifted a free series off defensively.  put that in your pipe and smoke it bias.  it's the truth and you know it.

THIS is what i'm talking about w/ rondo.  not shallow rah rah platitudes on a meaningless regular season game, but actually using his VAST PHYSICAL and MENTAL TALENTS to develop a killer instinct offensive game instead of the game of a meek mouse who quietly avoids doing the things he has no confidence in.  if you're happy with a meek mouse point guard then you're not on my side, or the side of the truth.

lastly, bias, and anyone else, name me the last sub 50% FT shooting, scared of a jumper shooting, brick laying starting point guard the celtics have EVER had.  the only one i can come up with is quinn buckner for 1983.  did he start?  i can't really tell you.  but he couldn't shoot, that's for sure, and he didn't stay in that role long. 

so why suddenly is the franchise hooked on a bricker PG?  it's that naughty word potential.  rajon is stringing danny along on a rope-a-dope contract extension on the implicit or explicit understanding that he'd get his shot together.  and guess what, it ain't happening, the shot is falling apart more and more each year.