He's going NOWHERE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

He's going NOWHERE

doc on jared sullinger after tonigts game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: He's going NOWHERE

if they are to trade either bradley or sully, id rather them trade sully, not that i want either of them gone....but one of them will have to go if the celts are to get a good big man in return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

thats nice and i may agree, this isnt an opinion thread. those were docs own wirds and its quite telling.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea i saw him say it in the postgame....i guess its good to hear that sully will be staying. i still hope they manage to get a big.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

thats nice and i may agree, this isnt an opinion thread. those were docs own wirds and its quite telling.

Maybe someone should tell Doc to give him about 25-30 minutes a game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

With that logic then neither is Demarcus Cousins, or any other player in the NBA or sports. Coaches/General Managers are normally never going to flat out say "we are going to trade this player." It wouldn't be professional.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

the difference in this case is that Doc blurted it out unprompted while quickly raving about Jared. it was spontaneous and seemed honest

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I have a feeling Bass and Lee are goners.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would hate to trade Sully and Bradley to get better for just this year and maybe next.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If Ainge can trade:  Rondo, Wilcox, Terry and Bass (all expendable and Rondo needed to get it done)... he may be able to get 3 high quality players, including a center and a go-to shooter. I think we could transform this team to championship quality immediately and for years to come by keeping the rest including Bradley, Sully, Green, Lee, Melo and of course Pierce and Garnett.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

sullinger is one of the few items around that needs to stay.  big men who are underpaid and have potential are not falling off the trees these days in the nba

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sully is only going to get better...He is already better than the guy Sacto got with the fifth pick....

Rook of the Year???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

With Damon Lilliard (18.2/3.4/6.5); Anthony Davis (13.7/8.3/2 blocks) in the mix the idea of sully as rookie of the year is a little far fetched, but with the exception of Alexy Shved (11/3/4.5), michael kidd gilchrist (11/6.5); and Tyler Zeller 11.7/7.2 there aren't many rookies playing too much better than sullinger. he's defintely righ there with dion waiters and andre drummond in the next group, certainly in the top 10. if sully had more minutes his numbers would be right there with the second group. Considering his draft position he has to be considered one of the steals of the draft so far. 

People keep talking about sullinger playing more (and he is and will continue to), but you're failing to note 1. that his conditioning was still improving to start the season (it was a problem in rookie camp, though he did come into camp in much better shape) and 2. (and most importantly) he has been fouling at an astronomical rate. he is playing under 19 minutes a game and has 107 fouls, which means that if you tried to play him 30 minutes a night he would literally foul out of every single game before getting there. 

The refs are beginning to get used to him a little bit, but he's still a rookie and he's a very physical rookie (he's already pissing off opponents). He can't jump so his defensive game is all about strength in the post and using his legs and whacking at the ball and taking charges so until he gets fully established with the refs he's going to keep getting the wrong end of calls a lot of the time. I'm not sure his practice of holding his arms and smirking after every single call is necessarily the best idea either. he already has 2 flagrant fouls and the season isn't half over yet. he's gotten a lot of very bad calls, but this is the NBA and he's a rookie. the more they see, the more he's there in crunch time, the more they get used to the way he plays and he'll begin to get away with more. 

hope AB and sully both stay and they simply get the best big guy they can for a package with some combo of bass/lee/terry/green/melo/pick. best case scenario bass/melo/and pick yields a serviceable center. perhaps unlikely but maybe a one year rental type? if they can bring someone decent in, wilcox can come back, and green could start to play (a BIG if) this team might have something.

ball movement, running, and hustling, hard nose d, and using their deep set of good athletes should be the benchmarks of this team and up until the past few games none of it has been. love rondo but hope he takes a lesson from what's going on and pushes the ball more than he has. you can see guys like bradley, lee, barbosa, green, terry, bass, etc are so much more energized and effective when the team is pushing the ball and going to the hole and being aggressive offensively. garnett and pierce fall right in line too. this team is made to run and they just haven't done it. bradley's presence has only highlighted the fact. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

sullinger is one of the few items around that needs to stay.  big men who are underpaid and have potential are not falling off the trees these days in the nba

Sullinger has a medical condition with his back that was red-flagged by NBA doctors prior to last year's draft. This condition may affect his play as his body endures more wear and tear in the NBA. This wear and tear is guaranteed since Sullinger is undersized for his position. None of us really know how long a productive NBA career we can look forward to from him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hopefully Docs comment isnt the equivilent of an owners vote of confidence for his coach...

I dont think trading Terry is a good idea... hes one of our few 3 pt shooters and an experienced playoff dude..  Hes had his ups and downs this season but dont give up on him just yet. Who else can play SG and hit 3's?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Karl is absolutely correct. Terry is key to a championship. He may have underperformed to our standards thus far, but any team looking for a championship this year would love to have Terry off the bench. He is proven. He can be as productive as a Crawford, a Mayo, or a Martin. I almost guarentee he wins a playoff game for us. Keep Terry!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Does it matter if Sully is officially "rookie of the year" or "steal of the draft"? He is considered top 10, and that was the best case scenerio for us. His IQ is off the charts. Did you see him PLOW JR Smith from inside the arch all the way to the basket on a mismatch, and go right over him for the layup? That is intelligent basketball. His putbacks are incredible. We could trade Sullinger for someone with more upside (Cousins) or someone who can give immediate impact (Millsap, Gortat, Al Jef), but lets think about this. Bradley & Sullinger were arguable the two biggest impact players last night (outside of PP and KG) and those guys are on rookie contracts. Any other guy we bring in here is going to require money. I'd rather keep those two as a future group including Rondo, Green and Melo and then go after a big piece via FA this year or next when PP & KG & JET retire. Thats like 30M right there!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jason Terry will make the doubters eat crow in the playoffs.

He will do it before the playoffs as well.  Too many bandwagonners around here. He is just having problems fitting in.  Anyone that has ever watched Terry knows he is better shooter than he has been doing.  All shooters have slumps. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the same thing about Avery Bradley.  The intensity and defensive prowess of this team has picked up dramatically since he's been back.  He has to be part of the untradeables.  I cannot imagine Doc and Danny would trade a guy who changes the DNA of this team so much when he ballhawks opposing ballhandlers

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

If Ainge can trade:  Rondo, Wilcox, Terry and Bass (all expendable and Rondo needed to get it done)... he may be able to get 3 high quality players, including a center and a go-to shooter. I think we could transform this team to championship quality immediately and for years to come by keeping the rest including Bradley, Sully, Green, Lee, Melo and of course Pierce and Garnett.   

Great Post....."TRANSFORMATION" IS GOOD !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Terry's attitude has also been great all year. Definitely a hugely positive influence. He plays hard every night too. He is what he is and you can't ask him to be more than that. His veteran presence and sharpshooting will likely become more consistent when he asked to fill the role he has for his entire career. Instant offense off the bench and not more than that. He is not a pg or a starting 2g. 

Sections
Shortcuts