He'ssssss Baaaaaack ....... Well almost ... On the short list to join the Green again ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

He'ssssss Baaaaaack ....... Well almost ... On the short list to join the Green again ???

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/8/17/4631918/james-posey-a-candidate-to-fill-out-brad-stevens-coaching-staff

... Stevens is likely to hire an ex-player. That would probably be a very good idea to help his transition from college to the pros; Stevens will likely have some hurdles to overcome considering his age and lack of experience in the NBA. Alongside the well-respected veteran coach Ron Adams, Posey could provide the staff with a "player-coach," much like Tyronn Lue was the past few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: He'ssssss Baaaaaack ....... Well almost ... On the short list to join the Green again ???

In response to Mployee8's comment:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/8/17/4631918/james-posey-a-candidate-to-fill-out-brad-stevens-coaching-staff

... Stevens is likely to hire an ex-player. That would probably be a very good idea to help his transition from college to the pros; Stevens will likely have some hurdles to overcome considering his age and lack of experience in the NBA. Alongside the well-respected veteran coach Ron Adams, Posey could provide the staff with a "player-coach," much like Tyronn Lue was the past few years.

Says who...a pro-Celtics blog?

Bleacher Report is more credible and that's written by fans!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: He'ssssss Baaaaaack ....... Well almost ... On the short list to join the Green again ???

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/08/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_wal.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEQfmwh-fg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

do people just make crap up?

Rajon Rondo - G -  Celtics

Gary Washburn is reporting that the Celtics, according to a source close to the team, "desperately" needs an assistant coach who can relate to Rondo.

Rondo is apparently already having some trust issues now that Doc Rivers is gone, although it's unclear if he's upset by the arrival of Brad Stevens or not. In any case, it does make sense that the C's would be looking for a coach to mentor Rondo, so don't be surprised if they add a former player to the staff specifically for that purpose. Rondo's expected to miss the early part of the season as he recovers from knee surgery, and probably isn't thrilled to be playing with a new lineup in a serious rebuilding situation.     Source:  Gary Washburn on Twitter Aug 18 - 1:25 PM  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

wow..training camp hasnt even started and Rondo is already a problem.. The kid is too high maintenance.. Why disrupt the entire team to try and make nice to the brat??

I suppose the C's have to try something to get a little value in return but what team really wants this headache for more than a ham sandwich?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

do people just make crap up?

Rajon Rondo - G -  Celtics

Gary Washburn is reporting that the Celtics, according to a source close to the team, "desperately" needs an assistant coach who can relate to Rondo.

Rondo is apparently already having some trust issues now that Doc Rivers is gone, although it's unclear if he's upset by the arrival of Brad Stevens or not. In any case, it does make sense that the C's would be looking for a coach to mentor Rondo, so don't be surprised if they add a former player to the staff specifically for that purpose. Rondo's expected to miss the early part of the season as he recovers from knee surgery, and probably isn't thrilled to be playing with a new lineup in a serious rebuilding situation.     Source:  Gary Washburn on Twitter Aug 18 - 1:25 PM  

i thought stevens and rondo were getting along? i think people just write crap just to get people to think they know what they are talkig about....i just think they want a asst. coach that can relate to all the players not just one....this kind of crap makes me sick...just trying to make our team look bad..and make our coach look like he can't do the job....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Says who...a pro-Celtics blog?

Bleacher Report is more credible and that's written by fans!!!

[/QUOTE]

James Posey - G/F -  Pacers

James Posey is a candidate to join Brad Stevens' staff with the Celtics.

He played with the Celtics in 2007-08 during their championship run, but he's been out of the NBA since 2011. Posey wasn't much of a vocal leader in his 12-year career, so it's a little surprising to hear his name as an NBA assistant. Related:  Celtics   Source:  Jeff Goodman on Twitter Aug 17 - 9:06 PM  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

wow..training camp hasnt even started and Rondo is already a problem.. The kid is too high maintenance.. Why disrupt the entire team to try and make nice to the brat??

I suppose the C's have to try something to get a little value in return but what team really wants this headache for more than a ham sandwich?

all we have to do is trick him into playing somewhat decent for a month and some idiot GM will say to themselves "OH YEAH, I NEED THAT ON MY TEAM" and an offer will be made for rondo.  far worse players with arguably EVEN WORSE (and rondo's is bad for what he brings) contracts get traded around the league regularly. 

like gerald wallace and others....  just be patient.  for now we will play footsey with the rondo monster until we can relieve ourselves of the unending conundrums and the 25 mil over 2 years and then expectancy of max contract for our bricker-boy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm no rondo supporter, but this "rumor" source lacks any credibility.  Posey is an curious choice for an assistant, but we'll know soon enough in a few months.  Few will want a bad attitude along with Rondo's other known difficiencies.  Hopefully Rondo realizes that he would only be hurting himself if he became an anti-leader.

I wonder if Danny turned down an earlier Rondo trade proposal from Detroit that included Monroe, before they picked up Jennings... Center pickings are getting thin.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would love to see Posey back with the Celtics as an assistant coach.  He was one of my favorite Celtics players ever even though he only played for the Celtics for one year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Posey was very popular with players and fans and really played smart and sacrificially as well (ie, put the team ahead of himself in multitudes of ways). Also, would be a connection along with Rondo to the Championship squad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Whether it's Posey or another former player, Stevens needs NBA advice on the bench at all times.  Not because he's not up to the coaching task, but because the NBA is different than the NCAA.  What motivates kids a year out of high school is different than a player whose been in the league for more than two years.  Using a players past accomplishments and capabilities in certain situations might be more successful coming from an ex-player.  Saying, "I saw you eat that guy up last year" is probably more effective than, "Remember what I said in practice".

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

14. This post has been removed.