Hey L.A., keep it Classy..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hey L.A., keep it Classy..

Dont go crazy out there when u are gone in the 1st round.  You got noone to cover C.Paul and West is trash anyway, so dont know why people thought the Hornets were done without him.  Paul by himself can do damage, cuz ol' D.Fish cant keep up.  This is gonna be fun to watch....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Hey L.A., keep it Classy..

Welp!

Poor Kobe, I see him trying to take over the game in the end but he just doesnt have the physical ability anymore to dominate a game for 48 minutes.  He needs better conditioning, or he is slowing down. 

Our cap' Paul Pierce can and will still take over games.  I guess its not always good to have your game predicated on athleticism.  Pierce always gets talked about for not being an athletic type elite player, but he is the best conditioned....lol

Good game Chris...I still hate you, but good work!

So much for Western supremacy  ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics went .500 down the stretch the last month of each of the last 2 seasons and its fans didn't boo, they held out hope.

the Lakers lose a bunch in a row entering the playoffs and drop 1 to the hornets and their terrible fans boo

yuck... LA truly has the worst fans of any estanblished championship team in all of sports, they are jokes

Boston Celtics 17 titles, Los Angeles Lakers 11

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's not a good look at all. I can get upset with my teams at times but I never boo them. Especially when you do have guys out there who really are trying their best. Which is all a fan can ask for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Hey L.A., keep it Classy..:
    Dont go crazy out there when u are gone in the 1st round.  You got noone to cover C.Paul and West is trash anyway, so dont know why people thought the Hornets were done without him.  Paul by himself can do damage, cuz ol' D.Fish cant keep up.  This is gonna be fun to watch....
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Shizzle, you're a complete fool if you believe that. It's a 7 game series. The Lakers started lasy year's playoffs poorly...remember how it ended for them?!

There is NO coach in the NBA better at adjusting than Phil Jackson. Paul had a great night, but he won't dominate enough to win 4 games. You know it, I know it, and the rest of the world knows it.

In the end, the Lakers will move on towards the finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In regards to this series. Last year we had trouble in the first round. But The Thunder were and are an extremely good team. This Hornets side should be done in five or at the very most six games. If it does go to seven then I will be concerned.

They stole a win, good on them and they played well. Should be the kick along we need to get motivated for the series and the play-offs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Celtics-Lakers finals.

The Celtics, the Bulls, the Spurs, and the Lakers all struggled in game one. They will all settle down, after the jitters leave, and adjustments are made.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The most fair-weather "fans" were heckling Gasol, the guy who single-handedly turned them from an average team to championship level team....then they boooed the whole team as they walked off in defeat.  Real classy there fellows...  well at least they're getting better and not throwing foam fingers onto the court.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Hey L.A., keep it Classy..:
    The Celtics went .500 down the stretch the last month of each of the last 2 seasons and its fans didn't boo, they held out hope. the Lakers lose a bunch in a row entering the playoffs and drop 1 to the hornets and their terrible fans boo yuck... LA truly has the worst fans of any estanblished championship team in all of sports, they are jokes Boston Celtics 17 titles, Los Angeles Lakers 11
    Posted by rameakap

I agree with you but the Jets and the Habs give Lakers fans a run for their money in that category.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Where are all the Laker trolls at? If they'd won they would be out in full force. Looking at the highlights the Lakers looked dead on defense. Just standing around hoping Kome would bail them out. Lakers may not get out of this round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Day of mourning for the LA trolls, but there's no way NO beats LA in the opening round.  I think they'll get another game off LA, but more than anything, they need to start to tire-down that LA team.  Soften them up a bit...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't really see any scenario where the Lakers lose this series, but here's the problem.  The lakers had to really struggle for seeding at the end of the season and didnt' get to rest their vets.  I think they planned on beating NO (minus dWest) in 4 and then getting a few days to rest up for dallas.  Dallas looked to have a longer series against a much tougher oppoenent.

Now the pressure is really on LA to win four straight.  If this goes to 6 or 7, their next series will likely start three days after their last win over the hornets.  If that happens, the Lakers ARE in big trouble. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree L.A. will most likely pull this out, but they do look tired and showed some weakness inside allowing Orleans frontline to dominate.  Gasol was taken out the game at the end due to his ineffectiveness, and Bynum is trying but he is limited.  Kobe looks like he is struggling to take the game over.

All that tells me they will probably not make the finals.  That Thunder/nuggets game was a well played one, and I see the THunder and Portland giving L.A. problems..

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Hey L.A., keep it Classy.. : I agree with you but the Jets and the Habs give Lakers fans a run for their money in that category.
    Posted by IrishMob7

True

Love the icon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics win and the Lakers loss is a wonderful thing.  Qdaddy, nobody is saying that one of the weakest teams in the playoffs is going to beat the Lakers, yet.  What we are saying is that the Lakers have more problems than any trolls will admit.  You have been especially perky lately why don't you take some time off.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: Hey L.A., keep it Classy.. : I agree with you but the Jets and the Habs give Lakers fans a run for their money in that category.
    Posted by IrishMob7

So basically teams you don't like have bad fans?  Foxboro was empty for about 5 years, everyone loves a winner though.

As to the thread topic..... L.A. had a tough round 1 last year so too much shouldn't be made of this, the good is that N.O. will likely take at least 1 at home, making this at least a six game series and maybe the  Hornets even force a game 7.  The Lakers are not a young bunch, so the harder they have to work the better. 

It is a long way away but if it ends up CHI/LA, Paul just showed what a PG with a shot (aka, not Rondo) can do against the Lakers.  Rose has a much better supporting cast as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I don't really see any scenario where the Lakers lose this series, but here's the problem.  The lakers had to really struggle for seeding at the end of the season and didnt' get to rest their vets.  I think they planned on beating NO (minus dWest) in 4 and then getting a few days to rest up for dallas.  Dallas looked to have a longer series against a much tougher oppoenent. Now the pressure is really on LA to win four straight.  If this goes to 6 or 7, their next series will likely start three days after their last win over the hornets.  If that happens, the Lakers ARE in big trouble. 
    Posted by cole-ely

That's a lot of "ifs". Chris Paul delivered the wake-up call to the Lakers.

Watch and learn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Half amazing, half troll, the Vince Carter of Trolls! That's Qdaddy! Come on, Qdaddy, if Kobe knew your favorite drink is margarita he would call you what he called Bennie Adams.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sybil, you need to expand your horizons. Everyone knows that margaritas go good with Mexican food. Now, I realize you guys are on the east coast, but I've been to Boston and ate Mexican food in that city. You might try it...oh, and I don't mean Taco Bell.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

The Celtics win and the Lakers loss is a wonderful thing.  Qdaddy, nobody is saying that one of the weakest teams in the playoffs is going to beat the Lakers, yet.  What we are saying is that the Lakers have more problems than any trolls will admit.  You have been especially perky lately why don't you take some time off.  
    Posted by concord27

Concord, Concord, Concord...I would think YOU of all people would know the Lakers for what they are. They always sleepwalk through the regular season. It seems every year, they need a game (or two) like last night to "wake the sleeping giant".

Unlike some of your fellow C's fans, I don't abandon the Lakers after a game like that. After the C's lost those recent games to Miami and Chicago, some of your so-called fans were jumping ship like drowning rats.

You remember VERY early in the season, I said the season is long and that everything plays out likes it's supposed to. The Lakers will still be there. And even though I have my doubts, I wouldn't be shocked if the C's are the last eastern team standing. The thing about the C's and Lakers is they have all the ingredients to get back to the finals...veteran leadership, guys who have been through the playoff battles, and head coaches who don't panic and  keep their players on an even keel.

I've said all along that DA screwed up your teams chemistry and it may derail your finals chances. But I'll have to give credit to Doc cause he always seems to know which buttons to push and which lineups to use.

The other contenders are either too young, too inexperienced, lack the proper leadership or are just flat out playoff chokes (I'm looking at YOU Dallas Mavericks!).

I love the playoffs!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Hey L.A., keep it Classy.. : STOP MAKING EXCUSES! REAL MEN DRINK VODKA!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wrong, real men drink Tequila (the Devil's drink!), which is the prime ingredient in maragrita's. But beyond that, I prefer rum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, lately I prefer bourbon (love those Manhattans).......for the past 40 years or so I was a Scotch drinker (rocks).....but Makers Mark is now my drink of choice....

Sections
Shortcuts