Hey Lets Talk About Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hey Lets Talk About Rondo

Rondo is good but not great.

The team is  playing better without him right now.

Who knows if that will continue.

Rondo is hurt and wont be back.

That pretty much sums it up.

Keep on fighting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Hey Lets Talk About Rondo

bump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I guess this post makes me a Rondo supporter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

doc likes him and treats him like his son.

we'll see how much Ainge likes him this off-season, if the Celtics keep playing like they are now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I honestly could care less.

Just trying to get more people to freak out about Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

no just realistic.

I agree 100% with everything you said.

and most would probably say I am a Rondo hater (which I am not).

sometimes good players don't fit well in certain systems.

we may be seeing that with Rondo here, or maybe the team is running on emotion only and will fall flat on thier faces soon.

16-8 the past two years without Rondo now.

played Miami. Clippers and Lakers this year in thise games.

we'll know soon if no major changes are made...but with only 10 players on the roster now, I think Ainge has something brewing pretty soon too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I should hope we are all Rondo supporters.  I have never rooted for any Celtic to not play well or us to not win.  There are diffference between a supporter and a fanatic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I should hope we are all Rondo supporters.  I have never rooted for any Celtic to not play well or us to not win.  There are diffference between a supporter and a fanatic.

agreed.

I get called a fanatic and a cup sniffer because I think Rondo is a top ten pg with a lot of weaknesses and that we don't know how well the team will play without him long term.

It is hilarious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

agreed.

I get called a fanatic and a cup sniffer because I think Rondo is a top ten pg with a lot of weaknesses and that we don't know how well the team will play without him long term.

It is hilarious.

Well I know you well enough to know it doesn't bother you one bit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

agreed.

It is hilarious.

Well I know you well enough to know it doesn't bother you one bit.

I love it dude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

bumpin this so people can freak out more about Rondo.

Only 8 or 9 threads on the front page right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The team is  playing better without him right now.

Who knows if that will continue.

Rondo is hurt and wont be back.

That pretty much sums it up.

Keep on fighting.

Ok Snake, I'll bite! You left off a few other notable givens.....The C's have now won 7 straight when RONDO hasn't played, our longest winning "streak" of the season. The Cs are the first team in NBA history to lose 6-straight then follow it up with 6 straight wins. Like it or not, both the losing streak and the subsequent winning streat are predicated on Rondo's participation and palying style. I want Rond to do well too, but we play better when he isn't on the floor with this group. Like Doc said, "Free and Selfless"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah I pretty much said the same thing right?

the team is playing better without him.

who knows if it will continue.

hes hurt and he wont be back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yeah, but you wanted to get folks riled up to participate. You aren't being obnoxious enough! ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

i was all over the map the past few years on my feelings towards Rondo. either loved him or hated him. never thought he had the personality to be a team leader, sulking on the bench and all. it really bothered me when they started comparing him to Magic Johnson and John Stockton. when he got the incredible triple doubles the stats on the rest of the team were usually down and it didn't alway turn into a win. as a diehard Celtic fan for over 50 years i honestly say that this new Rondoless team is reenergizing me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

They do look awesome right now for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Yeah, but you wanted to get folks riled up to participate. You aren't being obnoxious enough! ;-)

I know. 

Sorry about that dude.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

i was all over the map the past few years on my feelings towards Rondo. either loved him or hated him. never thought he had the personality to be a team leader, sulking on the bench and all. it really bothered me when they started comparing him to Magic Johnson and John Stockton. when he got the incredible triple doubles the stats on the rest of the team were usually down and it didn't alway turn into a win. as a diehard Celtic fan for over 50 years i honestly say that this new Rondoless team is reenergizing me.

We all feel your confusion. Rondo is the most polarizing figure in the NBA, and especially for a C's fan. But, your instincts about his lack of leadership skill is spot on. When Rondo returns, he will either have learned the right way to play by watching this all unfold, or will be gone soon after he proves himself healthy. Either way, I think we have seen the last of this most recent version of RONDO, the team leader and game style manager. I'd prefer we move on completely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Me too... the nightmare is hopefully over.

I can (and do) watch the games from start to finish w/o cringing and enjoy how the narrative plays out... win... lose... or draw. The game is fun again.

Pud 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I can (and do) watch the games from start to finish w/o cringing and enjoy how the narrative plays out... win... lose... or draw. The game is fun again.

Pud 

The fact is that there has never been a team in the history of the NBA that has experienced such a turn around, 0-6 to 6-0. AND on top of it the trun around coincided with them losing their "TEAM LEADER AND BEST PLAYER". We went from the darkest to the brightest of times with this UNFORTUNATE? event......Time to move on!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Rondo is really difficult to judge. Starting from his poor FT shooting to his impressive amount of tripple doubles.

But before we celebrating our new born contenders IMO we should wait if:

- the current run is not a fluke (remember before our last loosing streak half of the forum was singing the same song like now)

- there is really no way to scout our new offense for the opponents and adapt their D

- the current playing style is succesfull in the postseason

- if KG and PP can keep the pace up

Besides that: There is a lot work coming up for Rondo before he will be back on the court. This will be the thoughest time of his career. Maybe he will also watch some game tapes...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

We all feel your confusion. Rondo is the most polarizing figure in the NBA, and especially for a C's fan. But, your instincts about his lack of leadership skill is spot on. When Rondo returns, he will either have learned the right way to play by watching this all unfold, or will be gone soon after he proves himself healthy. Either way, I think we have seen the last of this most recent version of RONDO, the team leader and game style manager. I'd prefer we move on completely.

What people continue to miss is the fact its DOC RIVERS JOB to make sure Rondo knows how to play the right way.  So either Rivers is/was incapable of influencing/forcing Rondo to play ball the right way OR Doc has misled this team allowing Rondo Ball and just doesnt know any better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pud 

What happens in the playoffs when the pace slows down and you can't run?

This post about the game being fun regardless of outcome just shows your irrational hate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Pud 

This post about the game being fun regardless of outcome just shows your irrational hate.

When the pace does slow down during the playoffs, then we'd be stuck with pound-the-rock-til-it-explodes-Rondo-ball... hows that been working out for us this season?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Pud 

When the pace does slow down during the playoffs, then we'd be stuck with pound-the-rock-til-it-explodes-Rondo-ball... hows that been working out for us this season?

We will see a more controlled pace from this team when they hit their "In the play-offs" style of basketball. They will still push the ball, but will more regularly run their offensive sets in the half court with quick, crisp, passing around the horn, and run the pick and roll with more precision and less forced passes. I firmly believe Rondo is overrated as a real facillitator. MOST OF THE TIME, he uses the pass to bail himself out of leaving his feet too soon. Great althlete with less than great fundamentals. Fortunately he has great hands and vision that help make his acts of desperation appear to be planned. I know he does some sick stuff that he is thinking about too! I get that he shows flashes of brilliance. He is just so inconsistant unless he maintains laser focus. And, when he pulls off those acrobatic moves, half of the time, he isn't just fooling the D, he's fooling the intended recipient of the pass too. And again, when the dribble is the preferred method by which to move the ball around the court, you are wasting valuable shot clock seconds. That loses in the playoffs too! 

Sections
Shortcuts