Hey trader Danny, you do know there are not enough mins to go around at 4 of the 5 positions right now correct?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey trader Danny, you do know there are not enough mins to go around at 4 of the 5 positions right now correct?

I get that we need to wait a few weeks to trade certain guys, but for now, even if Danny/Stevens decide on playing multiple players out of position (Avery at PG, Olynyk and Humphries at C) there are not enough mins to give the guys what they deserve at 4 spots. Check it out:

PF:

Bass - deserves at least 18, can play up to 30
    Humphries - deserves 22, can play up to 32
    Sully (once 100%)- deserves 18, can play up to 30
    Olynyk - deseeves 22, can play up to 28 (avoids the rookie wall)

SF:

Green - deserves at least 32, can play up to 26
    Wallace - deserves 22, can play up to 28

SG:

Avery - deserves at least 26 can play up to 34
    Lee - deserves at least 18 can play up to 30
    Brooks - deserves 14 can play up to 26
    Crawford - deserves 10 can play up to 18

PG:

Rondo (once 100%) - deserves 32 can play up to 38
    Pressy (the unknown) - might deserve 10-16 (or Avery gets these)

So other than C, where Melo, Iverson and Faverani are the only real C's, there is a MAJOR minutes logjam on this team. Humphries and Olynyk are going to have to play at the 5 if things stay this tight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Hey trader Danny, you do know there are not enough mins to go around at 4 of the 5 positions right now correct?

Melo is going to D-league and won't make the 12 man roster (probably contract not extended unless he shows drastic improvement this year), Iverson to Turkey, so Fav is in with 4 other PF listed.  Probably one of those 5 big men is the odd man out in terms of playing time if no trade is done. I suspect that would be Bass unless Oly really has hard time getting going.

The bigger log jam is at SG.  It is quite wide open.  I would not say Avery deserves the most playing time at this point if he can only do what he did at the end of last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Hey trader Danny, you do know there are not enough mins to go around at 4 of the 5 positions right now correct?

I don't agree with the SF spot. We have two SFs. That is a balanced position right now. Sure, Jeff could play 35 minuts and Wallace could play 30, but realistically, a 28/20 split will suffice.

Also, one thing you forgot is that Jeff can and should log some minutes at the PF spot, if only to force the other team to go small and cause mismatches. 

Also, I don't understand how you can say there's a logjam at PG right now. We have a star who is coming off a serious injury and a non-drafted backup. That is still weak, not overloaded. 

Its the SG and PF spots that are issues. We have too many duplicate players in those spots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Cut Melo and keep Shav. Dump Crawford. See if anyone wants Humph or Wallace. We stink this year any way you look at it. Drafts are coming, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I dont get why people keep saying to dump Melo...

He is the only true Center on this roster. He is cheap. Keep him for the next three years while he is still on his rookie deal. He may make a jump one of those years and prove to be a valued Celtic. If not, then he just goes away.

I love Shav, but right now we have Sully, Olynyk, Bass, Humpty, Green and Fav who can all play PF. If we can toss out Humpty with the trash, there may be a role for Shav, but if not he will just be burried in the rotation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I'll have a go at it!!

C

Melo- maybe 100 min total-  1-2 min /G

Fav- who really knows?... 500 min total- 5-10min/G

Pf/C

Sully- if 100% healthy, 1800 min total or about 24 min/G

KO- 1800 min total/ 24min /G

PF

Bass - 2000 total- 26min /G
    Humphries - 1300 total- 16Min/G

SF:

Green - 2600 min total- 32 min/G
    Wallace - 1500 Min total- 18 Min/G

Bogans- 300 min total- 54min/G

SG:

Lee - 1600 total- 20Min/G
    Brooks -1400 total- 17 min/G
    Crawford - 300 total- 4 Min/G

SG/PG

Avery- 2200 total- 26 min/G

PG:

Rondo 2200 total (would be higher if not for injury)- 32min/G
    Pressy- 200 total- 2 min/G

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

He is the only true Center on this roster. He is cheap. Keep him for the next three years while he is still on his rookie deal. He may make a jump one of those years and prove to be a valued Celtic. If not, then he just goes away.

I love Shav, but right now we have Sully, Olynyk, Bass, Humpty, Green and Fav who can all play PF. If we can toss out Humpty with the trash, there may be a role for Shav, but if not he will just be burried in the rotation.

Do you remember Acie Earl? He was a true center, as well. Too slow for the NBA and so is Fab. He couldnt even compete in summer league games. BTW, Iverson reminds me of Eric Montross. Might be worth 12 min a game next year. Fav reminds me of a neanderthal I saw on the 13th Warrior. Stiff! Humpty and Shav at the 5 with Fav behind them. Ughh...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Green is not a good enough ball handler to play the 3. Olynyk showed some playmaking prowess in Orlando, so there's some hope that they can play together at both forwards.

Agree with the OP. KO is not a center - short armed and not a leaper.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Not only could he not earn minutes in his rookie year, but failed to impress in Orlando this summer. Neither are good signs.

Ainge reached and Melo is a bust.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I'll have a go at it!!

C

Melo- maybe 100 min total-  1-2 min /G

Fav- who really knows?... 500 min total- 5-10min/G

Pf/C

Sully- if 100% healthy, 1800 min total or about 24 min/G

KO- 1800 min total/ 24min /G

PF

Bass - 2000 total- 26min /G
    Humphries - 1300 total- 16Min/G

SF:

Green - 2600 min total- 32 min/G
    Wallace - 1500 Min total- 18 Min/G

Bogans- 300 min total- 54min/G

SG:

Lee - 1600 total- 20Min/G
    Brooks -1400 total- 17 min/G
    Crawford - 300 total- 4 Min/G

SG/PG

Avery- 2200 total- 26 min/G

PG:

Rondo 2200 total (would be higher if not for injury)- 32min/G
    Pressy- 200 total- 2 min/G

I don't understand why you chose to lay out minutes for the entire season. Stick to minutes per game. JMO. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I have come to agree with you on many things but not Fab...he's got to improve at the D league before you can consider him with the C's...if he has to play C every night he'll be driven out of bball...he's just not ready, he needs more seasoning that he would have gotten if he stayed in school....if he's going to be any good, he's got to stay down one more year...they'll pick someone up to play C once the trade period opens up for the guys they got from Brklyn and when other teams start their training camp cuts...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I get that we need to wait a few weeks to trade certain guys, but for now, even if Danny/Stevens decide on playing multiple players out of position (Avery at PG, Olynyk and Humphries at C) there are not enough mins to give the guys what they deserve at 4 spots. Check it out:

PF:

Bass - deserves at least 18, can play up to 30
    Humphries - deserves 22, can play up to 32
    Sully (once 100%)- deserves 18, can play up to 30
    Olynyk - deseeves 22, can play up to 28 (avoids the rookie wall)

SF:

Green - deserves at least 32, can play up to 26
    Wallace - deserves 22, can play up to 28

SG:

Avery - deserves at least 26 can play up to 34
    Lee - deserves at least 18 can play up to 30
    Brooks - deserves 14 can play up to 26
    Crawford - deserves 10 can play up to 18

PG:

Rondo (once 100%) - deserves 32 can play up to 38
    Pressy (the unknown) - might deserve 10-16 (or Avery gets these)

So other than C, where Melo, Iverson and Faverani are the only real C's, there is a MAJOR minutes logjam on this team. Humphries and Olynyk are going to have to play at the 5 if things stay this tight.

Relax my friend.It is only July.Lots of things can happen between now and oct.Try some decaff.Danny get paid well to do his job.The roster will be fine.Next seasson will be fun to watch the young guys getting playtime.Maybe in 2-3 seassons we(the celtics) will challenge for the title.Go celtics

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I don't understand why you chose to lay out minutes for the entire season. Stick to minutes per game. JMO. 

I did list min/G also

the reason I do total minutes over the season is because it's a truer stat as to player value.

ROndo for instance may average 32 min/G next year...but he may miss 20 games early.

so saying Rondo gets 32min/G isn't very accurate over the entire season.

but saying he plays 2200 min total gives a better  idea of what his season is like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Melo is going to D-league and won't make the 12 man roster (probably contract not extended unless he shows drastic improvement this year), Iverson to Turkey, so Fav is in with 4 other PF listed.  Probably one of those 5 big men is the odd man out in terms of playing time if no trade is done. I suspect that would be Bass unless Oly really has hard time getting going.

The bigger log jam is at SG.  It is quite wide open.  I would not say Avery deserves the most playing time at this point if he can only do what he did at the end of last season.

Ok, so Fav for 12 mins at C as the roster currently stands, Olynyk for 12 there as well and Humphries playing like half the game at the 5?

Lee should definitely be better, but considering both guys were in the doghouse at the end of the year he has way more upside  and could make a big jump. Everyone said his shoulders were not 100% all year. He's a worker. Brooks style is too freelance and he can't defend like Lee, let alone Avery, so those minutes projections seem pretty accurate to me. Crawford is a shorter Brooks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't agree with the SF spot. We have two SFs. That is a balanced position right now. Sure, Jeff could play 35 minuts and Wallace could play 30, but realistically, a 28/20 split will suffice.

Also, one thing you forgot is that Jeff can and should log some minutes at the PF spot, if only to force the other team to go small and cause mismatches. 

Also, I don't understand how you can say there's a logjam at PG right now. We have a star who is coming off a serious injury and a non-drafted backup. That is still weak, not overloaded. 

Its the SG and PF spots that are issues. We have too many duplicate players in those spots.

Yeah, I'll give you that the 2 and the 4 are WAY more jammed than PG and SF.

As for Jeff, remember that last year he was coming off heart surgery and we only had 2 legit PF's, one being a rookie with back concerns. Pierce needed rest. PP for 30 mins and Jeff for 18 at SF and 10-14 at PF was a good situation.

Now? Jeff easily deserves 30+, we expect him to lead us in scoring at around 20 a game. Wallace is 4-5 years younger than Pierce, doesn't need quite the rest, and playoffs are unlikely anyhow. But will he be content with even 20 a game? Jeff deserves at least 34 and Wallace 26. There is no room for Green at PF if Bass is here and Sully/Olynyk are healthy. Does Humphries expect ANY time at his natural position? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyone who said 'dump Perk' after his rookie season, before he got in legit NBA shape and properly learned the game, sure ate their words. At least from '07-'10 before the ACL injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Some other notes:

I get that Wallace is one of the hardest players to trade, b/c of his contract, but if we could, I'd be happy with Jeff playing 34-36 mins all at SF and Brooks playing all the backup mins on a speedy small-ball offensive minded unit. Freeing up mins at SG for others.

I'd rather pay Humphries 12 million for just next season than Bass 13.5 mil over the next two, despite one being a quality character guy and the other an overall clueless meathead. Even while in Brooklyn's doghouse last season Humphries avg'd 11 board's per 36 mins. Pretty much the same as he is did in '10 and '12 (he was at 13.5 in '11). Bass has been at 7.1 board's per 36 the last 4 years. He's just 2 month younger than Humphries and 2" shorter. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

Anyone who said 'dump Perk' after his rookie season, before he got in legit NBA shape and properly learned the game, sure ate their words. At least from '07-'10 before the ACL injury.

[/QUOTE]

I think Perk looked better and he came out as a 18 year old high school kid, his rookie year would have been as a freshman in college today.  Melo played in college but he did not start playing until his late teen so maybe there is something there to give as a small pass but I don't think he has beyond next season to prove that he could stay in the league.  He has got to show something, anything like being mean on D or at the board around the defensive paint even if he does not have a good basketball skill yet on the offensive end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

The guy has been in the D league for a year and has had all the time in the world to pay for a trainer and work out during the offseason...why hasn't he done that? It's not like he can't afford it, or lacks a place to work out...I'm sure the Celt's would let him use the facilities they have if he wanted to....Perk came back stronger, leaner and in better condition after the prior seasons...Why?..Because he wanted it.....Fab has to prove he wants it...I haven't seen that yet...not at all...the guy gets winded after playing 5 minutes...there's no excuse for that....NONE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

DA just loves tweeners guys.  I think his goal is to have a full roster of positionless swing players. He seems to hate true Centers, true point guards, shooting guards with size, and athletic bigs.

Dont be surprised if he trades Rondo for another undersized PF that will be forced to play C. Or another 6'3" SG that he tries to convert into a PG (again).

His dream starting lineup = 3 small shooting guards that cant shoot, and 2 small PFs that can't Jump.  He's close! He just needs to trade Rondo!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

DA just loves tweeners guys.  I think his goal is to have a full roster of positionless swing players. He seems to hate true Centers, true point guards, shooting guards with size, and athletic bigs.

Dont be surprised if he trades Rondo for another undersized PF that will be forced to play C. Or another 6'3" SG that he tries to convert into a PG (again).

His dream starting lineup = 3 small shooting guards that cant shoot, and 2 small PFs that can't Jump.  He's close! He just needs to trade Rondo!

Yeah exactly, because Danny clearly hates Rondo and/or Rondo is definitely not a true PG....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah exactly, because Danny clearly hates Rondo and/or Rondo is definitely not a true PG....

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ONE example of a guy who has a legit position, and who Danny has been floating around the trade market for the better part of the last 3 years. 

Here are some examples (plural) of some other guys he's picked up over the years.

Big Al 5/4, Olynyk 4/5, Sully 4/5, Humpcrap 4/5, Baby 4/5, Powe 4/5, Wallace 3/4, Jeff Green 3/4, Bill Walker 3/4, Gomes 3/4, TA 1/2/3 (remember when DA tried to convince everyone he could play PG?), Ray Allen 2/1 (again an obvious 2guard that he tried to force into running the point), AB (Im seeing a pattern), Allen Ray 2/1, Lester Hudson 2/1, Gabe Pruitt 2/1, TWill 2/1, House 2/1, Barbosa 1/2.

Im sure I've missed a couple.  These guys all fall into one or two categories.  Most don't have a true position due to being undersized or unathletic (Baby, Powe, Gomes, Sully, Hudson, Pruitt...)

Or they have a true position and DA and/or Doc decided to force them to play other positions experimentally (Ray, TA, House, Green, BigAl you could even throw KG in there)

So yeah, Rondo is def a true PG. My post was mostly satirical but you have to admit there is a pattern to the guys he picks up and he has a sweet spot for players that don't fit perfectly into a particular position. I mean how many undersized SGs does he have to get before he learns that it just doesn't work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ieatgreen. Show Ieatgreen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ONE example of a guy who has a legit position, and who Danny has been floating around the trade market for the better part of the last 3 years. 

Here are some examples (plural) of some other guys he's picked up over the years.

Big Al 5/4, Olynyk 4/5, Sully 4/5, Humpcrap 4/5, Baby 4/5, Powe 4/5, Wallace 3/4, Jeff Green 3/4, Bill Walker 3/4, Gomes 3/4, TA 1/2/3 (remember when DA tried to convince everyone he could play PG?), Ray Allen 2/1 (again an obvious 2guard that he tried to force into running the point), AB (Im seeing a pattern), Allen Ray 2/1, Lester Hudson 2/1, Gabe Pruitt 2/1, TWill 2/1, House 2/1, Barbosa 1/2.

Im sure I've missed a couple.  These guys all fall into one or two categories.  Most don't have a true position due to being undersized or unathletic (Baby, Powe, Gomes, Sully, Hudson, Pruitt...)

Or they have a true position and DA and/or Doc decided to force them to play other positions experimentally (Ray, TA, House, Green, BigAl you could even throw KG in there)

So yeah, Rondo is def a true PG. My post was mostly satirical but you have to admit there is a pattern to the guys he picks up and he has a sweet spot for players that don't fit perfectly into a particular position. I mean how many undersized SGs does he have to get before he learns that it just doesn't work.

[/QUOTE]
    Couple this with the fact that DA will not get help anytime soon from the likes of McHale when he was in Minny.  There will be no All Stars placed on his lap anytime soon.  It will be interesting to see if DA can build a team from draft picks and guess what, it's going to take quite a while going this route!  Of course Celtics fans on this site don't see it that way, but reality will set in after this season!

25. This post has been removed.