Hey, where is runrunoldfool the racist? Celtics drafted two white guys!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey, where is runrunoldfool the racist? Celtics drafted two white guys!

I guess Run couldn't leave his KKK meeting in time to post about how happy he must be at the direction of this team...

HOF African American champions (or evil thugs as he sees them) are out. Plodding white big men with below the rim games (or highly skilled fundamentally sound super citizens as he sees them) are in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

Re: Hey, where is runrunoldfool the racist? Celtics drafted two white guys!

In response to rameakap's comment:

I guess Run couldn't leave his KKK meeting in time to post about how happy he must be at the direction of this team...

HOF African American champions (or evil thugs as he sees them) are out. Plodding white big men with below the rim games (or highly skilled fundamentally sound super citizens as he sees them) are in.

You seem to be doing a good job of replacing him as a racist against white guys. What a hypocrite to post such garbage right after we draft these guys. Color has no meaning. If you can play, you can play. Are you late to your New Black Panther Meeting? Why don't you stop with the race stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to MikeRizzuto's comment:

You seem to be doing a good job of replacing him as a racist against white guys. What a hypocrite to post such garbage right after we draft these guys. Color has no meaning. If you can play, you can play. Are you late to your New Black Panther Meeting? Why don't you stop with the race stuff.

Whoa there Mike, since that was your 18th post I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in not knowing the situation. But that post was tounge in cheek directed at an actual racist who has posted garbage on this site for years attacking Danny, Doc and KG as 'bigots who hate white players' and crying about the good old days of the 50's and 60's when white guys dominated rosters.

Anyhow, It's a longshot for Iverson makes the roster this year, he'd get more $ in Europe, but I'm as excited as the next guy to see what Olynyk can bring. Heard he has some real solid offensive moves. If you read the scouting reports on him though you will know he is plodding, unathletic, doesn't block shots, has below average defense and plays below the rim. Not a 'racist' thing in there, since everyone here knows I don't have a racist bone in my body... its just what the experts say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Mike, Runanrunandrun is a guy who calls the Celtics streetballers and thugs because they hardly have any white players on the roster. When Randolph got minutes he kind of vanished because his rants looked lame after that. Ram is just having some fun to goad him into posting.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mike,

I appreciate your candor and telling us about life experiences. Clearly race remains a problem in many parts of this country. As a schoolteacher in a district split pretty evenly amongst 3 different races, myself and my students don't see color, they succeed and fail at equal rates, and there are rarely if ever race driven problems. So I guess I don't see the issue on a day to day basis as you might.

What run comes on here and says is pathetic, obnoxious, meant to push buttons and in the opinions of the majority of us here RACIST and OFFENSIVE. Maybe you condone a man who is so ignorant about talent and situations around the league that he requests specific players of one race to be added, or asks why they never were, when it is often impossible to have ever added such a player or the black player who made the roster instead was simply better. He then go on mindless rants where he insults Danny, Doc and KG, calling them racist and black players thugs.

He is disgusting and knows exactly what he is doing. I pity him in his small sad world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What run comes on here and says is pathetic, obnoxious, meant to push buttons and in the opinions of the majority of us here RACIST and OFFENSIVE"

Exactly. 

These latest picks go a long way towards showing Danny was always after the best players, period. 

Mike, with all due respect you are not here often enough to experience run. He has said many horrible things about the players on this team. He is a troll and the worst poster in the history of this forum. You don't want to connect yourself to him. 

Mike, much of this comes down to chance. The year Pierce was drafted, if Nowitzski had been available, as he almost was, he would have been drafted instead and we would have built around him. 

"So forgive this old man for going off a bit when the issue of "race" is bandied about. I can tell you that nothing good comes from it in this day and age."

In general I agree we shouldn't talk about race in this forum, it's a Celtics forum, but run has brought it up again and again in the most small minded of ways. So yeah, some of us feel like venting on this thread. Dont' sweat it, it's not a frequent topic here. 

I will tell you, however, that you won't solve issues of race if they are not talked about - just not in here. :) 

I take offense that you think Ainge passes over white players. He really does take the best players he can. I would agree he does not have the international talent evaluation that the Spurs do, but c'mon man. 

He tried to trade for Austin Croshere, he did trade for Krstic, and Darko (who quit on our team for personal reasons), he drafted Luke Harangody, Most of the players run thinks we should be playing for the Celts are not even in the league, they aren't good enough to warm an NBA bench. Last year he held up the T Wolves as the team to admire in terms of their racial makeup - they ended up being one of the worst teams in the league. Not a model franchise. Run considers anyone with a tattoo a thug. A few years ago he even said he was quitting to become a Suns fan because they played the right way. So, he quit on his own team. Now the Suns, Run's other model team, are the worst team in the Western conference. You are welcome to join him in rooting for some of the worst teams in basketaball if you like. 

Otherwise stick around, post more, and we'll all move on to other topics. Hopefully these new draft picks will keep run and his bad attitude out of here for a while and we can all move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

"He feels, as plenty of us old timers do, that Ainge and Doc passed on plenty of White players and Euros that could have helped us and instead kept this team too Black."

-mikerizutto

Sorry, but that is 100 per cent false.

By the way, I too am an "old timer" (immigrated from the Philippines and having experienced my share of racism) and I've been following the Cs since the days of Bill Russell, and I see NO evidence the Cs are purposely making the team "too black". On the contrary, they look for the best available players and make them fit in their system, no matter the background of the players.

You see, the beauty of their system is that for the most part, they are ahead of what everybody might be thinking. From the beginning they had the first Jewish coach, the first black player, first black coach, and the first black starting five, while winning all those championships. Then when they won in 86 with mostly white players, they were being called racists (for the wrong reasons). When they won in 2008 with black players, they were also being called racists (again for the wrong reasons).  

That year  in 2008, runrunandrun was NEVER happy. Were you happy they won that year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to MikeRizzuto's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right on the money Rizzuto.

These klowns need Run here bashing him senseless to show the world that Run is wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Thats why they feel so compelled to call him out.... because Run is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong... and everyone needs to be reminded of that.... at every chance!

It certainly makes you wonder why Run gets under their skin so badly.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

"He feels, as plenty of us old timers do, that Ainge and Doc passed on plenty of White players and Euros that could have helped us and instead kept this team too Black."

-mikerizutto

Sorry, but that is 100 per cent false.

By the way, I too am an "old timer" (immigrated from the Philippines and having experienced my share of racism) and I've been following the Cs since the days of Bill Russell, and I see NO evidence the Cs are purposely making the team "too black". On the contrary, they look for the best available players and make them fit in their system, no matter the background of the players.

You see, the beauty of their system is that for the most part, they are ahead of what everybody might be thinking. From the beginning they had the first Jewish coach, the first black player, first black coach, and the first black starting five, while winning all those championships. Then when they won in 86 with mostly white players, they were being called racists (for the wrong reasons). When they won in 2008 with black players, they were also being called racists (again for the wrong reasons).  

That year  in 2008, runrunandrun was NEVER happy. Were you happy they won that year?

Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I really do appreciate the good will on these boards. As a true Celtic fan, I wish nothing but the very best for our players of all colors, as I  have since Russell came into the league and proved to be the greatest winner ever to lace up a pair of sneakers.

What I do find funny is that in this day and age, one cannot talk candidly about race without being shunned or silenced. My own post was removed by the moderators because I guess it was considered "dangerous" or something. Years ago, people could talk about race among themselves without having their First Amendment Rights stripped from them in a matter of a few minutes.

I have fought the good fight for equality, walked with my Black brothers during the Civil Rights Marches in the 1960s, and did my part in college and beyond to make sure the playing field was level for generations to come. Times have changed, but so have our rights that we were promised as we entered this world. I would have never thought that my own post would be wiped off this board for simply telling it as it is when I was growing up. It makes you realize that you can be shunned and silenced for simply telling the truth, something our forefathers (including members of my own family) fought and died for in foreign lands during times of war and turbulence.

As a loyal Celtic fan, I will continue to pull for the Green and White with all of my might today and in the future, no matter what kind of "colorful" team they put on the court. It's a shame that one has to worry about censorship for just voicing a solitary opinion about one's own life, which is basic and fundamental to freedom and the rights that accompany it given to us as Americans by those who sacrificed it all to make sure that this way of life would be passed on to their sons and daughters of this great nation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Mike,

Glad to hear that you were celebrating when the team won in 08', unlike runrunandrun.

As far as posts being removed, I stopped being shocked of that since some of my posts were also removed, simply by voicing my counterviews from the Laker trolls in this forum while they are allowed run rampant around here. It was truly a head-scratching moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

Mike,

Glad to hear that you were celebrating when the team won in 08', unlike runrunandrun.

As far as posts being removed, I stopped being shocked of that since some of my posts were also removed, simply by voicing my counterviews from the Laker trolls in this forum while they are allowed run rampant around here. It was truly a head-scratching moment.

Laker posts should always be removed just for the "halibut."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I just read this whole thread.  That five minutes of my life is gone forever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I just read this whole thread.  That five minutes of my life is gone forever.

Only five?

Sections
Shortcuts