HIBBERT Block on Anthony..... Amazing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

HIBBERT Block on Anthony..... Amazing

WOW, one of the best blocks I have ever seen. Hibbert rejecting Anthony was awesome last night. Yeah I know this is supposed to be a Cs forum,  but I am tired of reading all the same re-hashed material about the Cs. Go Indy. Beat the Heat.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: HIBBERT Block on Anthony..... Amazing

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

WOW, one of the best blocks I have ever seen. Hibbert rejecting Anthony was awesome last night. Yeah I know this is supposed to be a Cs forum,  but I am tired of reading all the same re-hashed material about the Cs. Go Indy. Beat the Heat.  

Indy is starting to look like the Spurs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I still believe that Miami will win this series but it would be great to see Indiana win.  Since I don't watch Miami games I could watch the NBA finals if Miami was eliminated.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually at the end of the game they showed the hoop cam view and Melo blew trhe dunk rimmed it and then Hibbert got it. Loved it either way though.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It was a great block! The Cs could be getting similer production from Melo in 1 to 2-years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A totally manly block. Loved the game.

I wonder if LB could be talked into coming to Beantown, taking over for DA and bringing this team with him.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Actually at the end of the game they showed the hoop cam view and Melo blew trhe dunk rimmed it and then Hibbert got it. Loved it either way though.

Nah. Hibbert had that all the way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Watch it again. Hibbert all the way. No Melo blowing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

totally sick.. mano a mano and per usual in the clutch in a big game, mr melo LOST again! he's no jordan, he's no pierce.. not elite.. he needs to be a robin to a superman before he can win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I still believe that Miami will win this series but it would be great to see Indiana win.  Since I don't watch Miami games I could watch the NBA finals if Miami was eliminated.  

I hear what you are saying Susan. I watch just so I can see the Heat get beat even though I can't stand them either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

totally sick.. mano a mano and per usual in the clutch in a big game, mr melo LOST again! he's no jordan, he's no pierce.. not elite.. he needs to be a robin to a superman before he can win!

He's a ball hog. Until he can cure that, he will continue to lose

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

=============================================

I agree it's a Celtics board but other than Posts about what will happen to KG & PP & the draft, there isn't much to write about except if you are a Sox and Bruin fan as am I.

But, most of us, albeit naturally biased Boston fans, I'm sure are NBA fans too and I was happy to see the Knicks lose, especially since we've could have beaten them. But there is a lesson for Ainge/Doc in the Pacers win. NY was similar to us, a perimeter shooting team basically living and dying with 3s. Melo was ala Kobe, mostly a one man show with help on occasion from Smith & Felton. And they had no offense from 40 yr old Jason Kidd so defense was 5 on 4 when he played. This last game was won because rebs were 43-36 so +7 second chances and points in the paint were 52-20.

We were, and have been for a couple of years, a perimeter jump shooting team and mostly won shooting 45-50% and playing good "D" when we were outrebounded. We got to keep Rondo, albeit he's not the prolific PG scorer like Paul, Westbrook, Rose etc. but must obtain 6'10", 6'11" and 7" PFs/Cs so we can outrebound opponents. Only one guy like Bogut, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith isn't enough with KG & PP gone so we need hope Melo develops and Sully helps & I would use the draft only for BIG MEN & maybe a PG !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

=============================================

I agree it's a Celtics board but other than Posts about what will happen to KG & PP & the draft, there isn't much to write about except if you are a Sox and Bruin fan as am I.

But, most of us, albeit naturally biased Boston fans, I'm sure are NBA fans too and I was happy to see the Knicks lose, especially since we've could have beaten them. But there is a lesson for Ainge/Doc in the Pacers win. NY was similar to us, a perimeter shooting team basically living and dying with 3s. Melo was ala Kobe, mostly a one man show with help on occasion from Smith & Felton. And they had no offense from 40 yr old Jason Kidd so defense was 5 on 4 when he played. This last game was won because rebs were 43-36 so +7 second chances and points in the paint were 52-20.

We were, and have been for a couple of years, a perimeter jump shooting team and mostly won shooting 45-50% and playing good "D" when we were outrebounded. We got to keep Rondo, albeit he's not the prolific PG scorer like Paul, Westbrook, Rose etc. but must obtain 6'10", 6'11" and 7" PFs/Cs so we can outrebound opponents. Only one guy like Bogut, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith isn't enough with KG & PP gone so we need hope Melo develops and Sully helps & I would use the draft only for BIG MEN & maybe a PG !!!

I agree. Rebounding is a key. Getting younger in the process is a must as well. Can't have the same team walk out on that floor next season. They won't last.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Did you hear Stephen A's comentary on that block.  Dude was so withdraw from the interview after the Knicks lost and stated matter of factly that Hibbert is 7'2" Melo is 6'9".  He should have blocked that shot with ease and that it wasn't that impressive.  Complete and utter A** H***!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Couldn't happen to a better ball club...glad the Knicks went to way of the duckbilled platypus for the playoffs.

In fact, rumor has it that Hibbert said "that shot tasted just like honey nut cheerios" after making the block on Anthony....

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Carmelo never recovered from that; it's like he had his heart ripped out by a better man...

Sections
Shortcuts