Hibbert?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Hibbert?

Do we think the Pacers dump him?  He has a nasty contract for sure.  For some reason he fell apart.  Does anyone think a trade of scenery might do him good?  Is this possibly a place for the C's to take a risk that they can fix this and trade faverini, wallace and a future conditional pick(either first or second depending on games played next year or something)?  1 month ago he was untouchable.  Now does anyone want to even touch him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Hibbert?

Very interesting question.  I don't think that anyone can understand what happened to him.  The Pacers and especially Hibbert have been terrible for 2 months and it continued into the playoffs.  Although, he isn't the only player to blame for the Pacers collapse. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Don't want him or his contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

If we trade them wallace as part of it the contract talk is almost meaningless...bad for bad.  Will he play like the last month or the last 3 years...that is the real question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If we could trade Wallace,Bogans and Anthony for Hibbert and Copelend it would be a deal for both teams. Sure we add Hibberts salary but we get a decent player in Copeland and Hibbert is more tradeable than Wallace and younger and the change of scenery might to him good. Pacers take on Wallaces salary but get to waive Bogans and his bogus salary can use Anthony as a reserve. It seems Larry Bird and DA are a little testy toward each other and would be hesitant to make a deal  in case it worked to be lopsided either way and would have to hear from it from the winner forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I would sure like the odds of getting something out of hibbert over my odds of getting something out of wallace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

hibbert is notoriously weak in the paint for his height and weight.  gets stuffed a lot.  at his best he seems to be 12 and 7?  that's really pathetic for a guy who is 7-2.

it wasn't but last year or the year before that 6-7 fat baby ran the table on him when orlando played the pacers- indy still won but hibbert played like a dead dog.

i wouldn't get near this dude with a 10 foot pole.  how could a 7 foot 2 guy who can be passable suddenly be so bad?  i only have one answer- mark blount syndrome.  has big contract, only cares sporadically

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

hibbert is more tradeable than wallace?

how's that?  he plays terrible and is owed: 14.2, 14.9 and 15.5 in the next three years!  don't think for ONE SECOND that he doesn't take up that player option!

wallace only steals 10.1 each of the next three years and he sure hasn't joined the dead like hibbert has.  close but the guy still played D for us and generally hustled.  hibbert plays for the other team when he goes rotten

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

His rapid decline in play reminds me of Vin Baker.  Since he doesn't have a serious injury, I suspect the dude has a substance abuse problem.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hibbert and Hill for Rondo, Wallace and Vitor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

His rapid decline in play reminds me of Vin Baker.  Since he doesn't have a serious injury, I suspect the dude has a substance abuse problem.  

Either this or a serious family problem has his head totally distracted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I suspect you have a substance abuse problem.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

hibbert is more tradeable than wallace?

how's that?  he plays terrible and is owed: 14.2, 14.9 and 15.5 in the next three years!  don't think for ONE SECOND that he doesn't take up that player option!

wallace only steals 10.1 each of the next three years and he sure hasn't joined the dead like hibbert has.  close but the guy still played D for us and generally hustled.  hibbert plays for the other team when he goes rotten

I think Wallace only has 2 years remaining - next year and following.  I agree about Hibbert.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

For such a big guy, Hibbert seems kinda sissy in the paint offensively. Even when he was playing well he did a lot of fall away hooks and fall away short jumpers but its looking worse lately

I'd speculate he's run down and cant get it back.. once the engine goes or his knees/tendons, just doesnt seem to have the fire and his body has become a little bit more uncoordinated. Think about an older, out of shape guy playing his first pickup game in a year... The next morning he just cant move and everything is stiff. Hibbert seems to be in that category

Kinda sad to see. Hoping its not a chemistry thing, ala our own sissy Ronda pulled, as many have suggested with the trades during the season or something else similar that Hibbert just doesnt want to put out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

For such a big guy, Hibbert seems kinda sissy in the paint offensively. Even when he was playing well he did a lot of fall away hooks and fall away short jumpers but its looking worse lately

I'd speculate he's run down and cant get it back.. once the engine goes or his knees/tendons, just doesnt seem to have the fire and his body has become a little bit more uncoordinated. Think about an older, out of shape guy playing his first pickup game in a year... The next morning he just cant move and everything is stiff. Hibbert seems to be in that category

Kinda sad to see. Hoping its not a chemistry thing, ala our own sissy Ronda pulled, as many have suggested with the trades during the season or something else similar that Hibbert just doesnt want to put out.

Re: For such a big guy, Hibbert seems kinda sissy in the paint offensively. Even when he was playing well he did a lot of fall away hooks and fall away short jumpers but its looking worse lately.

This sort of describes Pau Gasol who many felt was soft but he always seemed to outplay Garnett, especially in game 7 in 2010. But his hooks and short jumpers were deadly...sort of like our alumnus Kevin McHale and Gasol in his youth, was much better than Hibbert. He with Bynum were the best 2 towers in the game since Robinson & Duncan.  We have been desperate for a Center since Perkins but I would like a Banger who can put the rebound in dunking and give us a double double most every night and I would take Hibbert only if we could unload Wallace & some others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Amazing...all the bad mouthing and I am guilty of it too and Hibbert has 28 points with 4 min to go but Indiana only ahead by 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

I suspect you have a substance abuse problem.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

Yup. Watching Rondo play drove me to drink... a lot!!  LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Amazing...all the bad mouthing and I am guilty of it too and Hibbert has 28 points with 4 min to go but Indiana only ahead by 3.

well, hibbert's inconsistency is really what's amazing.  he's been in the league too long to play peek a boo like this. 

and this is one of the few kids who stayed four years at college.....  go figure

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nice game Roy.. and as effective as you were last night begs up the question..what have you been doing the last couple months?

Please dont tell me you decided to hustle and be aggressive.... as many pointed out last night highlighting your sprints to both ends of the court and positioning in the post... makes one wonder

Sections
Shortcuts