High picks next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

High picks next year

Our picks next year tie our hands, we just cannot afford to win a lot of games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: High picks next year

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our picks next year tie our hands, we just cannot afford to win a lot of games.

[/QUOTE]

I rather think it's our complete lack of talent that sort of keeps our hands tied from winning games next season....but that's just my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Team's tank, reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team's tank, reality.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree - PHI has a D League team now.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Perception may be reality in the Celtic's case, they would want to showcase and play their best players I would think, they want to improve and appear to be a landing spot for disgruntled free agents.  Losing may not be the best course at this point.  I could be wrong, they may play all our bloated contracts until they're gone and all we're left with is the talent, free agent moves could certainly still happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Bass, Rondo Green and to a lesser extent Wallace, will play because they are the incumbents, probably the most effective right now and will be showcased for trades in Dec and Feb (if any are left).  Wallace is a lost cause, so I think the Cs will just ride that bum's contract out unless he can be squeezed into a trade for reduced return value.

But thats not tanking.  Tanking would be developing the young guys at the expense of wins.  

The Cs are rebuilding.  The coach and players will try as hard as they can to win.  They simply do not have the talent and it would have been financially foolish and counter-productive to sign any meaningful FAs this season.  Next season maybe.

I suspect the C's will be slightly better this season.  3-4 more wins.  7th spot.  Brooklyn at about 16th spot.  Some exciting very high quality SFs will be available at 7.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass, Rondo Green and to a lesser extent Wallace, will play because they are the incumbents, probably the most effective right now and will be showcased for trades in Dec and Feb (if any are left).  Wallace is a lost cause, so I think the Cs will just ride that bum's contract out unless he can be squeezed into a trade for reduced return value.

But thats not tanking.  Tanking would be developing the young guys at the expense of wins.  

The Cs are rebuilding.  The coach and players will try as hard as they can to win.  They simply do not have the talent and it would have been financially foolish and counter-productive to sign any meaningful FAs this season.  Next season maybe.

I suspect the C's will be slightly better this season.  3-4 more wins.  7th spot.  Brooklyn at about 16th spot.  Some exciting very high quality SFs will be available at 7.       

[/QUOTE]

Starting Jordan Crawford over Pressey at point guard is tanking.  Starting Fav the first 6 games of the year at center, realizing you have the 2nd best defense in the NBA and sitting him the remainder of the year is tanking.  Playing Lee, Bass and every other player you want to trade over younger  players who need the minutes and frankly are better is tanking.  Am I saying we would have made the playoffs, no, we only would have only won ten games or so more but it's tanking all the same.  The same as 2006...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Starting Jordan Crawford over Pressey at point guard is tanking.  Starting Fav the first 6 games of the year at center, realizing you have the 2nd best defense in the NBA and sitting him the remainder of the year is tanking.  Playing Lee, Bass and every other player you want to trade over younger  players who need the minutes and frankly are better is tanking.  Am I saying we would have made the playoffs, no, we only would have only won ten games or so more but it's tanking all the same.  The same as 2006...

[/QUOTE]

Ok. I don't mean to be demeaning but your post is borderline stupid.  Crawford is orders of magnitude better than Pressey.  Pressey will not even be on the roster come January.  Fav stunk!  What don't you understand about sitting him because he was getting destroyed.  He was lost on the floor and then got hurt.  Fav was a very bad signing for the Celtics who were desperate at the time for a Big body.  He will not be on the team after Feb.  Lee had the highest PER on the entire Celtics team!!!  Bass was the most consistent two-way player.  You would have started Oly over Bass?  The Celtics put their best players on the court to win last year. We would have lost at least 5 more games if playing the younger players for the sake of development.  You are much more knowledgeable about football Wozzy.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok. I don't mean to be demeaning but your post is borderline stupid.  Crawford is orders of magnitude better than Pressey.  Pressey will not even be on the roster come January.  Fav stunk!  What don't you understand about sitting him because he was getting destroyed.  He was lost on the floor and then got hurt.  Fav was a very bad signing for the Celtics who were desperate at the time for a Big body.  He will not be on the team after Feb.  Lee had the highest PER on the entire Celtics team!!!  Bass was the most consistent two-way player.  You would have started Oly over Bass?  The Celtics put their best players on the court to win last year. We would have lost at least 5 more games if playing the younger players for the sake of development.  You are much more knowledgeable about football Wozzy.   

[/QUOTE]

After 6 games started by Fav to begin the season, the Celtics were ranked 2nd in points allowed.  He started the first six games, he had 13 points and 3 blocks in his first game.  He had 12 points, six blocks and 18 rebounds (6 offensive) in his second game.  They went away from him from that point forward until the 7th game when they benched him, earlier Brad Stevens referred to him as the only rim protector they had but now he "wasn't bringing it in practice."  

You know in 2006 Paul Pierce went down with a mystery injury, Sebastian Telfair started over Rondo, Ryan Gomes was named starting power forward, Al Jefferson and Perk weren't allowed to play together... teams tank, that's what they do.  If teams didn't cheat to win they would be the only billion dollar industry in the world that isn't utterly corrupt, that's how I know you're FOS.

Funny Lee was the best player according to PER, the biggest garbage stats of all time, and what happened to Lee after they showcased him, they traded him for peanuts.  Bass couldn't hold Oly or Sullinger's jock, they want to unload Bass so they play him max minutes, they wanted to showcase all their players in the hopes another team would swoop them up.  Play to win?  Play to get better is more accurate, until they change the system, the entire NBA, that's what teams will do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wozzy, please not this story again. You were wrong, and you are still wrong about this entire (!) Topic. The idea that we send Fav to the D league to "hide" him is insane. And your comparison of Fav to Pierce (!) is beyond crazy. His stats are inflated by one game. Lee played good last year for us and as well for Memphis. Bass also played a good year. Oly was not ready at the beginning. Pressey over Crawford? Come on, Pressey was one of the worst Players in the entire league, while Crawfords streak at the beginning of the season was one reason why we didn't had a higher pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Woz, I have to agree about the one and only Faux Hawk...I have very serious doubts that we'll ever get to see him fly again in the Garden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

We sent away Jordan Crawford as part of the tanking process.   We were winning too many games with him playing.  Not the opposite.  I was really excited to get Crawford and I hoped we could keep him as our "microwave" going forward.

In the end we got some trade value for him (remember we got him for nothing) because of his early-season play with the C's.  I guess it all worked out well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Aside from Rondo there is not one player on the roster who can impose his will on an opponent. Green's got the talent, but not the a-hle disposition KG demanded from him. Olynyk may develop into that guy if he can get stronger. Smart intrigues me, but teams will try to make him a jump shooter first, just like they do to Rondo.

My point: No need to tank. The record will take care of itself.

June 17, 2008
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to cshashaty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aside from Rondo there is not one player on the roster who can impose his will on an opponent. Green's got the talent, but not the a-hle disposition KG demanded from him. Olynyk may develop into that guy if he can get stronger. Smart intrigues me, but teams will try to make him a jump shooter first, just like they do to Rondo.

June 17, 2008  
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92
    [/QUOTE]

Looks like Rondo will need to impose his will this year, we will see.  This team is off balance again and unless we get Monroe and Blatche we are looking at a slow year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

June 17, 2008  
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92
    [/QUOTE]

Looks like Rondo will need to impose his will this year, we will see.  This team is off balance again and unless we get Monroe and Blatche we are looking at a slow year.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo will impose nothing on this team but his indomitable will to take care of #1 like he always has so don't expect anything else.

This team will go nowhere...again...this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

18--24 wins.

Oly and Sully over rated

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

June 17, 2008  
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Monroe and Blatche?? I thought this was a basketball team not a hotdog eating contest. What are those two redundant tards going to do for this team?  Not win them games, thats for sure. Between them and Sully we would have the fattest frontcourt in NBA History.

It may be fun just to see which guy out of Monroe, Green, and Blatche cares the LEAST about basketball and winning. My money is on Monroe actually. How about Mark Blount too? Lets just make it a Lazy defenseless PF/C trifecta!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Starting anyone over Pressey is just smart basketball.  I'd bring back Jo Jo ahead of Pressey.