HINDSIGHT: Was Ainge NUTS Turning Down The Sacramento Offer ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

HINDSIGHT: Was Ainge NUTS Turning Down The Sacramento Offer ?

Is it true that Sacramento offered Isiah Thomas, Ben McLamore and a #1 Draft pick for Rondo ?

And Ainge vetoed the deal because he wanted TWO #1 picks ?

Will the Celtics get a better offer than Thomas ,Maclamore  and a #1 this offseason ?

From where I sit, I seriously doubt it.......

Was Ainge CRAZY turning down Sacramento's offer ?

As of right now, it sure looks that way to me,

Your thoughts ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: HINDSIGHT: Was Ainge NUTS Turning Down The Sacramento Offer ?

I would have done it yesterday, today, and tomorrow..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

But didn't the deal die because Rondo wouldn't sign a long term deal with the Kings? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the longer we keep rondo, the lower his value gets. 

if we were offered that package by SAC we were dumb not to take it, their #1 alone was worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Is it true that Sacramento offered Isiah Thomas, Ben McLamore and a #1 Draft pick for Rondo ?

And Ainge vetoed the deal because he wanted TWO #1 picks ?

Will the Celtics get a better offer than Thomas ,Maclamore  and a #1 this offseason ?

From where I sit, I seriously doubt it.......

Was Ainge CRAZY turning down Sacramento's offer ?

As of right now, it sure looks that way to me,

Your thoughts ?

NO, DA was not crazy for turning the deal down, as he rolled the dice on hoping RONDOPE would show good behavior while proving he was really healthy. Didn't work out well, HUH? However, DA is crazy for thinking that anyone really believes in his undying loyalty to this emotionally stunted 15-year old girl known as WRONGDO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the longer we keep rondo, the lower his value gets. 

if we were offered that package by SAC we were dumb not to take it, their #1 alone was worth it.

[/QUOTE]

AMEN ACIE! AMEN, AMEN, and AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

The deal didn't go through because Rondo said he wouldn't sign an extension. Ainge didn't turn anything down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The deal didn't go through because Rondo said he wouldn't sign an extension. Ainge didn't turn anything down.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly

and according to Bill Simmons it was not a 1st rd pick but the ability to swap picks in ONE of the next 3 drafts.

Ainge would probably have taken that offer if Rondo told the Kings he'd sign a max extension with them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly

and according to Bill Simmons it was not a 1st rd pick but the ability to swap picks in ONE of the next 3 drafts.

Ainge would probably have taken that offer if Rondo told the Kings he'd sign a max extension with them.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure he would have.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

In summary - was Ainge nuts to turn down a deal that no one knows exactly what it contained? Of course not - because you can't answer the question. We don't know what was offered. 

"the longer we keep rondo, the lower his value gets."

Ummm - not true. After such a knee injury you have to prove it on the court again. He's playing better and his value has gone up some. 

Of course now it's after the trade deadline. Ainge will definitely shop him this summer and we'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I appreciate all the responses , I'm here to follow my favorite sports team and to learn what is really going on with them.

Thanks for educating me on what the real deal was with the Sacramento offer.

Now I know.

PS: a belated Happy Birthday to Rajon Rondo !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

So, you really think that DA went to Rajon a took the chance of posing the trade to get his feelongs on it? Despite knowing SAC had zero shot at retaining him? And the deals with a scorned Rajon?  Sure, its possible, but unless there are facts proving it, i'd say DA wouldnt chance it knowing it would be a certain HELL NO! from RR. Now for a Houston deal? Id believe it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

So, you really think that DA went to Rajon a took the chance of posing the trade to get his feelongs on it? Despite knowing SAC had zero shot at retaining him? And the deals with a scorned Rajon?  Sure, its possible, but unless there are facts proving it, i'd say DA wouldnt chance it knowing it woild be a certain HELL NO! From RR. 

[/QUOTE]

It was reported that the deal fell through because Rondo wouldnt sign an extension. 

Yahoo!'s Marc Spears reported Monday night that the "Kings and C's discussed a deal involving Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and a pick for Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, you really think that DA went to Rajon a took the chance of posing the trade to get his feelongs on it? Despite knowing SAC had zero shot at retaining him? And the deals with a scorned Rajon?  Sure, its possible, but unless there are facts proving it, i'd say DA wouldnt chance it knowing it woild be a certain HELL NO! From RR. 

[/QUOTE]

It was reported that the deal fell through because Rondo wouldnt sign an extension.

[/QUOTyup, I read that, but it doesnt prove it fact. I still think it not even worth mentioning to RR for the likely response and fall out. No? All that public denial to avoid a meltdown just to blow it on a definite no from RR? Doesnt sound Likely. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup, I read that, but it doesnt prove it fact. I still think it not even worth mentioning to RR for thelikely response and fall out. No?

[/QUOTE]

Ahh I don't know man, I was just responding to the orignal post in which he said Ainge was nuts for turning the deal down. All I was saying it what I read was that I heard Rondo killed it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

yup, I read that, but it doesnt prove it fact. I still think it not even worth mentioning to RR for thelikely response and fall out. No?

[/QUOTE]

Ahh I don't know man, I was just responding to the orignal post in which he said Ainge was nuts for turning the deal down. All I was saying it what I read was that I heard Rondo killed it.

[/QUOTE]

Copy. Scrambled eggs with cheese, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes with greasy pork sausage links and some OJ and coffee always does the trick dude. Get some grease in ya. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

In summary - was Ainge nuts to turn down a deal that no one knows exactly what it contained? Of course not - because you can't answer the question. We don't know what was offered. 

"the longer we keep rondo, the lower his value gets."

Ummm - not true. After such a knee injury you have to prove it on the court again. He's playing better and his value has gone up some. 

Of course now it's after the trade deadline. Ainge will definitely shop him this summer and we'll see.

Yeah....he'll shop him and nobody will bite because if they really want him they'll wait until he becomes a FA....I said last week Rondo will pay the C's back for shopping him by walking thereby making sure they get nothing for him...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In defense of Ainge, Rondo is making close to $12mil/yr.

That's tough to move. All of the teams that may want Rondo in the short term don't have the disposable money to match. If they did, it's likely in the form of more than 2 years. The Cs can't take on anymore bad contracts.

That is why Humphries is still a Celtic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BINGO.100% correct.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In defense of Ainge, Rondo is making close to $12mil/yr.

That's tough to move. All of the teams that may want Rondo in the short term don't have the disposable money to match. If they did, it's likely in the form of more than 2 years. The Cs can't take on anymore bad contracts.

That is why Humphries is still a Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

it only gets worse next year when he books 13M. 

and is expecting a raise on that x 5 years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

RallyC - it  has nothing to do with Ainge choosing to go to Rondo "to get his feelings".  My understanding is that Sac wouldn't do the deal without an extension with RR being agreed to, so whether it was Ainge going to Rondo or Sac going to Rondo's agent with DA's knowledgge, etc. the conversation was required before Sac would agree to the trade.  When RR said no, the deal was done. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RallyC - it  has nothing to do with Ainge choosing to go to Rondo "to get his feelings".  My understanding is that Sac wouldn't do the deal without an extension with RR being agreed to, so whether it was Ainge going to Rondo or Sac going to Rondo's agent with DA's knowledgge, etc. the conversation was required before Sac would agree to the trade.  When RR said no, the deal was done. 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Rondo is intent on sticking it to DA.  It sure feels like Rondo is going to sign elsewhere leaving the C's holding the bag. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Rondo is intent on sticking it to DA.  It sure feels like Rondo is going to sign elsewhere leaving the C's holding the bag. 

[/QUOTE]

Kind of like Gasol.

Not to worry, though, you're getting Jacoby Parker......................HA HA HA !!!!