Hinrich/Howard trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hinrich/Howard trade idea?

About a month back after West went down I proposed:

Avery Bradley, JON, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer (#1 pick if needed)

for

Kirk Hinrich and Josh Howard

This was pending Howards return to health. He has currently been back 5 games and avg'd 23 mins, 11 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast 1 stl. I also said it was pending Perk's return to health (still 2 weeks away). He is better than Daniels and a true SF.

Still a trade to consider?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Hinrich/Howard trade idea?

This trade was also more important if Delonte was hurt worse than we realized, but now things look brighter for him.

I'd say Delonte and Hinrich are fairly equal bench guys who both fill the tall PG to defend SG's and pair with Nate role. Delonte is more of an athletic finisher and quicker defender, but Kirk is a gritty smart defender and his decision making as a pure PG is also slightly better than DWest.

If DWest will be back to 100% by February then I'd hold out to try and get Battier, Prince or Wallace over Howard since Hinrich isn't as much of a need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would I trade Daniels and our 1st rd pick for Howard at the deadline if all other attempts to upgrade SF have failed...

YES!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Hinrich/Howard trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

With that said this is one of your first trades that I would actually consider. One it gives us a decent BU pg in Kirk. Howard can be a very good player when he is right. I have seen him play at a high level for the Mavs.  The only thing not sure about is giving up a big. Bigs are very hard to get.  Just wait and see how long it takes the Magic to get that second big the want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

ummm thanks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hinrich/Howard trade idea? : With that said this is one of your first trades that I would actually consider. One it gives us a decent BU pg in Kirk. Howard can be a very good player when he is right. I have seen him play at a high level for the Mavs.  The only thing not sure about is giving up a big. Bigs are very hard to get.  Just wait and see how long it takes the Magic to get that second big the want.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I am still laughing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

In Response to Hinrich/Howard trade idea?:
    [QUOTE]About a month back after West went down I proposed: Avery Bradley, JON, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer (#1 pick if needed) for Kirk Hinrich and Josh Howard This was pending Howards return to health. He has currently been back 5 games and avg'd 23 mins, 11 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast 1 stl. I also said it was pending Perk's return to health (still 2 weeks away). He is better than Daniels and a true SF. Still a trade to consider?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Get a clue about player value man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I can't see many teams even considering having Josh Howard join them. Hinrich on the other hand is a fine player. Certainly stuck in pergatory at the moment though.

I don't think the Celtics really need to make a trade. Providing everyone is healthy when the play offs start the Celtics will be the team to beat in the East.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hinrich/Howard trade idea? : Get a clue about player value man.
    Posted by MrTrippleDouble[/QUOTE]

Awww.. mrtripledouble and his 7 posts here... 5 of which were promoting idiotic trades like Nate Robinson for O.J. Mayo... has the nerve to hate on a completely sensible trade that helps both teams

Wow

as always, the only poster in need of a clue is you bro

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I can't see many teams even considering having Josh Howard join them. Hinrich on the other hand is a fine player. Certainly stuck in pergatory at the moment though. I don't think the Celtics really need to make a trade. Providing everyone is healthy when the play offs start the Celtics will be the team to beat in the East.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I think the only trade worth making... if DWest and Perk are healthy by early Feb.... is to jettison the no longer needed JON and attempt to upgrade the weakest (and only area worth upgrading) bench role and that is defensive minded playoff tested SF.