History Lesson For Those Who Don't Believe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: History Lesson For Those Who Don't Believe

All the decent centers we had we all elsewhere i.e., Krstic and Steimsma.  They were serviceable.  KO is a forward. Fav is still learning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Humphries and Wallace would not be missed.  Bass and Lee would.  Rondo will be back soon. We will see how much "tanking" will be going on.

[/QUOTE]

But Bass is a midget F on a team full of either midget F's or F's tall enough but with T-Rex arms (KO!)

[/QUOTE]

Agree Bass to small Humpty nice expiring contract Lee nice player dime a dozen tho Wallace tradeable vet use his loss salary to sign Bradley and Crawford keep Sullinger KO Green Rondo clean out the rest of the clowns even if they tank they still may win enough games to win the East by default

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

I still believe that the team that was assembled that year was the best Celtics team since the '85 squad until Ainge blew it up. That was an awesome team. The Celtics would have won the finals that year had Ainge not made those trades.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, injuries blew that team out of championship contention, as has been noted.  The departure of a damaged Perkins (not even the best center on the team before the injuries) had less of an impact than the loss of the O'Neals and then RR. That sequence of events (including Green's health) proves that no one has a crystal ball and that best laid plans go astray with even subtle changes, which also means that there was still no guarantee that the Celtics would have won it all. The best shot they had was in 2010 - 37-17 and a horrendous call on Ray Allen.  I am definitely not an Ainge fan, but I wouldn't lay that crumble at his feet for trading Perkins for Green.  

Sections
Shortcuts