Hmmm...sounds like a voice of reason...IMO...R9R should be traded...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Hmmm...sounds like a voice of reason...IMO...R9R should be traded...

chris33 = Fierce34

chriss+fierce34 = immature troll

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

A midseason trade of Rondo to the Wolves for Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams might make sense.

i like your idea, just do some adjustments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I'm telling you this guy, Justin Haskins, does need help. Here ( http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-rajon-rondo-not-same-class-chris-paul-192300990--nba.html ) is the 3rd article about Rondo. Different header, same BS.

But let's look on the bright side - resident Rondo-haters should be happy.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

I'm telling you this guy, Justin Haskins, does need help. Here ( http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-rajon-rondo-not-same-class-chris-paul-192300990--nba.html ) is the 3rd article about Rondo. Different header, same BS.

AK

Outstanding, well thought out and researched article.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Karllost,

I hate to break it to you but this article (as the previous two) is not well thought out nor was it researched wery well. Just a couple of things.

First, it's the third article in the span of 18 days on the same topic which in and of itself makes author's capabilities to prove his point a big suspect. And, as I mentioned before, he's either in desperate need of 15 minutes of fame and/or money or, a need of a professional help.

Second, let's look into some details.

Justin Haskins implies that Lebron has a max contract. Fact = he doesn't.

At one point JH states: "....  Rondo does not belong in the same class as other elite guards  ....", a few sentences later he writes: ".... Paul is probably the only elite point guard who can keep up with Rondo on the defensive end ...". If he by saying "elite guards" mixes together PG and SG we have to stop right there - he is an idiot. But let's assume he just missed the word "point". In this case he contradicts himself: if the only elite point guard who can keep up with RR is CP then RR is better than the other elite [point] guards which contradicts his first statement.

Once again, sorry to rain on your (anti-Rondo) parade, but you should stay away from bozos like JH.

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Karllost,

I hate to break it to you but this article (as the previous two) is not well thought out nor was it researched wery well. Just a couple of things.

First, it's the third article in the span of 18 days on the same topic which in and of itself makes author's capabilities to prove his point a big suspect. And, as I mentioned before, he's either in desperate need of 15 minutes of fame and/or money or, a need of a professional help.

At one point JH states: "....  Rondo does not belong in the same class as other elite guards  ....", a few sentences later he writes: ".... Paul is probably the only elite point guard who can keep up with Rondo on the defensive end ...". If he by saying "elite guards" mixes together PG and SG we have to stop right there - he is an idiot. But let's assume he just missed the word "point". In this case he contradicts himself: if the only elite point guard who can keep up with RR is CP then RR is better than the other elite [point] guards which contradicts his first statement.

Once again, sorry to rain on your (anti-Rondo) parade, but you should stay away from bozos like JH.

AK

AK, hate to break the news to you but you're over your head.

The author said (although he was mistaken because Rondo is horrible defender) that Paul is probably the only elite point guard who can keep up with Rondo on the defensive end.

The author certainly didnt say or imply RR was the only PG that could keep up with CP as purely a PG

Please dont delete parts of and change the meaning of sentences in your desperation to idolize RR. Thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Boston Celtics: Four Reasons Rajon Rondo Should Be Traded Yahoo! Contributor Network Justin Haskins 3 hours ago BasketballBoston CelticsNational Basketball Association

• Boston Celtics: Four Reasons Rajon Rondo Should Be Traded

View gallery

Rajon Rondo. Photo by Keith Allison.             

COMMENTARY | Boston Celtics All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo is one of the most entertaining players in the NBA. But now that the Celtics' chances of a championship in the near future are slim, the time to cut ties between Boston and Rondo has come. 

The following five reasons, in no particular order, outline the most important advantages to dealing one of the league's most enigmatic stars:

1. The Celtics have no chance of winning in the near future

After six seasons of competitive basketball, Boston is no longer a powerhouse team with a legitimate chance of winning a title. The Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls all are significantly better than the Celtics (and that's just in the Eastern Conference). If there is no chance of winning a title, it makes more sense to trade Rondo as he is coming into his prime so that Boston can get the most out of a deal for him without having to worry about jeopardizing its own season. 

2. Losing Rondo makes the Celtics one of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference

An entire season without Rondo will surely make Boston one of the worst teams in the NBA, which may very well be a positive spot for the Celtics to be in. Boston has nine first-round picks in the next five drafts, including three first-round picks from the Brooklyn Nets in 2014, 2016 and 2018, and another first-round pick from the Los Angeles Clippers in 2015 that they received for relinquishing rights to former coach Doc Rivers.

Unfortunately, because the Clippers and Nets are both teams on the rise, it's unlikely any of these picks, except possibly the 2018 pick, will be lower than the 20th spot in the draft.

The Celtics' best chance of getting a top spot in the draft will be from their own picks and is heavily dependent on the team's win-loss record. This actually presents an amazing problem for the Celtics: The better the team plays, the worse off the team will be in terms of the draft and rebuilding for the future. While it may upset some fans to hear it, the best decision the team could make for the future is to lose now in order to win later, a strategy that will likely only be successful without Rondo on the floor.

3. His contract is almost up

The more time left on Rondo's current contract, the more the Celtics can expect to get in return in trade. If Boston waits to make a deal too close to the end of 2014-2015 season, when his contract expires, then the team must also worry about finding a trade partner who can negotiate with Rondo over a new contract immediately. Trading Rondo now avoids this problem completely. 

Additionally, because Rondo's contract is back-loaded, which means his salary increases each season, it is actually easier to trade him this year when a team only has to worry about matching an $11.9 million salary compared to next season when the contract jumps to $12.9 million. This may seem like an insignificant difference, but the complexity of the NBA salary cap makes every penny count in trade talks. 

4. Rondo is not worth a max contract

The alternative to trading Rondo is signing him to a maximum salary contract over at least four seasons. As good as Rondo is, he is not worth that kind of financial commitment in a league where a few bad contracts can hinder a team's ability to make changes for several years.

Yes, Rondo makes everyone else on the floor better, he is capable of outstanding defense, and he creates offensive opportunities on fastbreaks better than anyone. But if he is given a maximum contract, he would likely be the worst scorer of any max-contract guard in recent memory. It cannot be understated: Giving a guard a maximum salary who has career averages of 11.1 points per game, a 3-point average of 24.1 percent and a career free-throw success rate of 62.1 percent would be unheard of and should be avoided at all costs.

Trading Rondo sets up the Celtics for the future

If Boston fails to trade Rondo in the near future, the trade rumors will persist, the team will be forced to either let him go to free agency in two seasons or pay him a max contract -- and the Celtics will miss out on an opportunity to bring in a key young player they would likely be able to attain in return for Rondo. It may not be easy for Boston's front office, but the right move for the organization going forward is to trade Rondo as soon as he can prove he is healthy. 

Don't agree with me? Tell me why I am wrong on Twitter @THATCelticsGuy or by e-mail at THATcelticsguy@gmail.com.

Justin Haskins is a New England native and a freelance journalist. He has been obsessively following Boston professional sports for 10 years and has been published in numerous online publications and websites.

Statistics provided by Basketball-reference.com and NBA.com.

Hey...discuss amongst yourselves...

While I respect the opinions of those who think all should be built around tanking this season, I respectfully disagree with the idea in both principle and logic.

I believe that a team (especially one with the Celtic's traditions) should strive to win every game. Of course, this is neither likely or logical. However, they should always strive to win the NEXT game.

The ideas presented ignore the following realities: The notion that losing as many games as possible to get better next year is not even close to a guarantee. Additionally, it seems as if such notion is based on the idea that the Celtics, as they are right now, are a lousy team likely to lose most games. The above post states that the Celtics are not even close to being a team that is close to a title and therefore we might as well trade Rondo. While the first point is accurate, how can we be so sure that it will take several years to get there (does anyone remember 79-80 vs 80-81).  Do we know that Rondo will not become a much more valuable scorer or provide a formidable combination with this year's teammates and a couple of additions next year? Another point mentioned is that he should be traded because he is not worthy of a max contract. I believe he is likely aware of this. He is deserving of a healthy raise but not a max contract and may believe in being a Celtic more than we know.

When every scenario for success begins with tanking, maybe we have too many eggs in one basket. When any team I root for fails to compete to the finish, I will no longer watch. That being said, I do not believe the Celts will ever be such a team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Karllost,

AK

Read it again, AK. Not a very good take.

REGARDLESS of which side of the fence you are on in this debate, the fact remains that if you are going to get max value out of Rondo, who is damaged goods in several different ways at this very moment, you either cut your losses on 20-25% of he "perceived" value and gamble to do it before he returns in fear that he will not be the same athlete and that he will struggle without KG, PP, RA, and DOC there to keep his head on.........OR.......you wait until he comes back and proves these same exact points and it destroys ALL OF HiS VALUE.....OR.......you get very lucky to regain that additional 20-25% more in "perceived" value that you are so concerned about if he actually shows he's OK and is what you Rondo lovers think he is again. Is that risk really worth the minimal, 20-25% reward vs. the other possible outcome, 0%?

IF he comes back and shows that he is physically and mentally adept, he will not have the other guys he's relied on for his entire career. How will that affect him? WHY TAKE THE CHANCE of seeing ALL of his value drop through the floor when you might be able to get as much as 75-80% between now and his return? IT DOESN'T MAKE GOOD BUSINESS SENSE!!! It's called business strategy. When you are talking about 10's of millions of dollars, why take the risk at all? It only makes sense to those of you fans who love Rajon Rondo, not to the business men who will have to live with these decisions.....WATCH! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo should settle for a healthy raise while john wall just got a max deal? 

bp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Karllost,

Unfortunately, your response doesn't provide any valid arguments to support your original statement that the article I've mentioned is a "well thought out and researched article". On the contrary. You even point to a mistake JH made (I presume that "he" in your statement "... although he was mistaken because Rondo is horrible defender ... is JH) which means that article is not that accurate.

In any case, my posts on this topic is about the articles by wannabe journalist, Justin Haskins, about Rajon Rondo, not about RR himself. If you think that my opinion about those articles is wrong prove it with valid arguments, not with personal attacks and accusation of idolizing RR. If you can't - keep the latter to yourself and I'll stick to my opinion.

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

rondo should settle for a healthy raise while john wall just got a max deal? 

bp

Just as Wall proved while at Kentucky:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1251397-10-greatest-point-guards-in-kentucky-basketball-history

John Wall will show over time that he is the superior PG when compared to Rajon Rondo. RR is only the benefactor of being a Boston Celtic who enterd the league at a time when they were putting 3-HOFers and a good coach on the squad. Rondo won't get Wall money from the Boston Celtics! PERIOD. Time will prove this point out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

PERIOD, huh? look at how cocksure the rally man is. we'll see. 

bp

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bp

I'm only absolutely sure about what I think is right from a business perspective, BP. I cannot be sure of what another man, DA, is gonna do. Forgive my brazen insinuation to the contrary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

bp

I'm only absolutely sure about what I think is right from a business perspective, BP. I cannot be sure of what another man, DA, is gonna do. Forgive my brazen insinuation to the contrary.

[/QUOTE]

IMO, Wall is a better PG than Rondo is right now.  I have no doubt that Danny would trade Rondo straight up for Wall today.  Barring future serious injuries, Wall will emerge as a top elite PG in the NBA, while Rondo will continue to be mired in his debilitating flaws and frustrate team mates and fans where ever he goes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

we all know what you think of rondo, eldunker. you've seen to that. what, the more you state something here the truer it becomes? like i said, we'll see. you're the joker who professes to take more satisfaction from laker losses than celtic wins.

bp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

we all know what you think of rondo, eldunker. you've seen to that. what, the more you state something here the truer it becomes? like i said, we'll see. you're the joker who professes to take more satisfaction from laker losses than celtic wins.

bp

Have you become the new board censor and arbitrator of post opinions?  If so, please keep them on topic or Bball related instead of personal attacks, which we are all (except you?) trying to clean up.  My comment concerned comparison between Rondo and Wall which was being debated.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[/QUOTE]

IMO, Wall is a better PG than Rondo is right now.  I have no doubt that Danny would trade Rondo straight up for Wall today.  Barring future serious injuries, Wall will emerge as a top elite PG in the NBA, while Rondo will continue to be mired in his debilitating flaws and frustrate team mates and fans where ever he goes.

[/QUOTE] We've got Wizzard management crowing about Walls dedication, leadership, consistency and  maturity, feeling good about committing to him with a huge contract. 

On the Celtic front, we have management skating on thin ice, holding its collective breath wondering where Rondo's head might be at the moment.... and how he might fit in.

Pud 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

pudninny  ninnypud  puddynin  ninnypudninny

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

A midseason trade of Rondo to the Wolves for Ricky Rubio and Derrick Williams might make sense.

That's way to much to give up for Rondo...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Hi,

AK

Yep..true dat! :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

pudninny  ninnypud  puddynin  ninnypudninny

bp

BP, Nursery rhymes won't help sooth the pain of the Brotherhood when Rondo is traded. Why start this one? What is that in english, anyway?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hi,

AK

Yep..true dat! :)

[/QUOTE]
    MAYBE EVEN AS HAPPY AS A CAMEL ON "HUMP-DAAAAAAYYYYYY!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

On the Celtic front, we have management skating on thin ice, holding its collective breath wondering where Rondo's head might be at the moment.... and how he might fit in.

Pud 

This is the crux of the matter..every year he says he's going to lead but he's yet to do so, he has not been able to produce a complete  and all around personal game which this team desperately needs....The worst thing about it is it's all in where his head is at right now because he has all of the PHYSICAL capabilities to be a great point guard...he's got a million dollar body and a ten cent head....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

What is that in english, anyway?

just that IMO puddinpuddin is a dunderheaded nincompoop.

bp