Holiday Greetings from SlipperySam

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Holiday Greetings from SlipperySam

And the same to you, Sam, and all the other great posters we used to have here!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Happy Holidays Sam.....you are sorely missed on this board!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

happy holidays to you, sam. always enjoyed your perspective and still do. daily.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why did Sam leave?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Sam. Keep checking in with us once in a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

Happy holidays to you Sam.  Really miss your thoughtful analysis as opposed to a lot of the knee jerk reaction that goes on around here.  Would love to have the URL to your new message board some time.

thanks,
    Nat

In Response to Re: Holiday Greetings from SlipperySam:
    [QUOTE]Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Sam. Keep checking in with us once in a while.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Happy Holidays Sam. Hope you liked the turkey. I know I'm certainly diggin' on Semih... Could you email me the URL for your forum. I'm a long time lurker, short time poster, that sorely misses your commentary and unique and informed perspective on the game. Go C's!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Holiday Greetings from SlipperySam:
    [QUOTE]Why did Sam leave?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Because of some azzO

Merry Christmas  Sam!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

Che, I thought of you every time the Celtics added another big man in the off-season.  Frankly, the one I thought could be a chemistry-buster has proven to be a godsend in the early going.

CeltAZ and Whiskey, just Google the name.

Ram, it's simple.  I couldn't handle the unprovoked incivility (probably not a word, but I'm sure you get my drift) on the part of a minority of posters.  From what I can see, the civility on BDC is now headed in a much better direction.  By the way, your mods deserve a healthy share of the credit.  I've spoken with them on a periodic basis.  They really do care about your best interests, and (as you know all too well) they've had to deal with some very difficult circumstances.

You should all be proud of the energy the BDC forum exudes.  But I've now made a very happy home elsewhere.  Most of all, I enjoy being able to monitor the "civility factor" closely.  I'll always be grateful to BDC for putting up with me for four years and allowing me to "cut my teeth" on message boards, which were previously a foreign concept to me.  I have never thought unkindly of BDC.  In fact, I dropped the "Slippery" part of my board name when I moved on.  For whatever it's worth, "Slippery" will always belong to BDC.

And many thanks to all who have responded in this thread.

Go Celtics!

SlipperySam

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Happy Holidays, Sam!

Your perspective is hugely missed...it's one of the things that drew people here in the first place.  It's definitely gotten better in some ways, but it's not what it used to be. While there are fewer troll posts, the ones that make it through are pretty vitriolic.  While BDC might have reduced the sheer amount of trollish threads and posts, the big fish still lands once in a while.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Sam.  Go Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Happy holidays Sam!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Che, I thought of you every time the Celtics added another big man in the off-season.  Frankly, the one I thought could be a chemistry-buster has proven to be a godsend in the early going."

Sam...thanks for thinking about me.
    The Celtics will be solid once JO comes back. Perk is a bonus but I'm not hoping much about him. There is no room for 4 bigs (Erden-Shaq-JO & Perk).
    I'm happy for Semih Erden, he is learning much quicker & understanding the game even with the language barrier (like Che). 

Robinson is a solid back-up. Baby is working hard and doing super job too.
    Daniels is so so, now you see now you don't.
    The big 3 as usual. The success of this team in the shoulder of Rondo. Shaq and
    JO will be the wall !!! This team is hard to beat.

Every time I see Noah, I always think about you too. I know you like this guy before the draft. Came out real deal for Chicago. I remember fans were laughing at you (about your pick). Oh well, they all wrong and you are right.

Thanks for posting once is while, I appreciate your thought very much. I wish you stay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

Che,

At the time, I thought Noah would be a good complement to Rondo's up-tempo game.  Of course, personnel decisions turned out very differently (and thankfully so) for the Celtics, and now Noah is marching to the beat of another good young PG—and grabbing a load of rebounds in the process.  And the guy's even making nearly three-quarters of his free throws with that eephus ball he throws up there.  lol.

Take care, Che,

Sam

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Happy Holidays, y'all!!

Happy Holidays, Sam!!

Hope you all are well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

Doing fine, thanks, Kyle.  I hope school is going well.  You must be in your third year now, right?

Sam

Sections
Shortcuts