Hollinger VS Stein Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Hollinger VS Stein Rankings

IMO Hollinger is a complete idiot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/season/2011/week/13

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Re: Hollinger VS Stein Rankings

I agree. Hollinger is the perfect example of a statistician run amok. Statistics, when not taken in the proper context, lie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Hollinger is a notorious Laker lover

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Is the same story since 2008. Celtics are never respected. I think the only guy who constantly gives credit to the Celtics is Tim Legler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

Depends who's power rankings your looking at.  I just looked at one that shows Boston #2 and Lakers #5. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Hollinger VS Stein Rankings:
    Depends who's power rankings your looking at.  I just looked at one that shows Boston #2 and Lakers #5. 
    Posted by paul0

Thats why I posted both rankings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hollinger is the idiot that ranked the Lakers the #1 all time NBA Franchise...

He is in love with the Lakers...even though we beat them head to head in all time regular season and playoff games throughout history...he is a joke!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hollinger's ratings are not logical and most people don't respect them for that reason.  Spurs and Celtics are number 5 and 6 when they have the best records and play tougher schedules over the year than others?   That's just a guy putting weight in some stats that don't predict anything.  Purely a statistician and in that world, its all about what stats you put more emphasis on.  Stein uses his judgement coupled with stats and that's why he is a more reasonable predictor.

Sections
Shortcuts