Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight)

The way the refs will "get the job done" is to not let Bradley be aggressive.

That one thing will be all the advantage the Heat need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight)

I felt that happened in Chicago with the 2 fouls on AB and KG in the 6-8 minute mark in the 3rd,we subsequently lost the lead not too much later, real phantom calls. The officiating in the NBA is hands down the worst officiating in all of pro sports. The way the game is set up an official can determine the outcome and over under by calling fouls before the 4th quarter. This just doesn't happen with us, every team has a legit beef that a few calls her and there have cost them a game or two. I guess when the officiating is so horrendous across the board it all evens out over 2624 in a season, but it sucks when it happens in an Apr playoff positioning game instead of an Oct game against the Bobcats. Calls on home court being determining factors is arbitrary I think it has more with the betting totals than anything :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight)

Does not surprise me hearing a Celtics fan complaining about the ref's cheating for the opposing team!  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Dusting off the conspiracy theories pre-game is pretty desperate.

It works out nice for you though, DaCeltics. It creates a sweet no-lose situation with excuses aplenty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight):
    The way the refs will "get the job done" is to not let Bradley be aggressive. That one thing will be all the advantage the Heat need.
    Posted by DaCeltics

So, I guess the referees should just let Bradley reach in and foul his opponent on almost every posession...???

The celtics players have a reputation for drama on the court and the referees don't care for it. Pierce thrusts his head back every time he drives through the lane and acts like he was mauled. Rondo falls down at the slightest touch from a defender.

It's sad that Tommy is now known around the league as a joke of an announcer becasue he spends most of the broadcast complaining about the referees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight):
    Dusting off the conspiracy theories pre-game is pretty desperate. It works out nice for you though, DaCeltics. It creates a sweet no-lose situation with excuses aplenty.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I'm just sharing what I expect to see.

I am willing to be pleasantly surprised by a fairly officiated game.

All too often, when the game appears to be losing the interest of the home crowd do the officials "manufacture penalties for the visiting team". While suddenly the home team can do no wrong.

All of a sudden every rebound, charge/block, steal and deflection becomes a work of perfection for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight):
    In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : I'm just sharing what I expect to see. I am willing to be pleasantly surprised by a fairly officiated game.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Why don't you officiate the officiating tonight ... and let us know if it meets your fair and unbiased standards.

A win-win situation for BDC.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The refs don't cheat for the home team, although usually the teams they cheat for happen to be at home at the time...

they cheat for the teams with superstars in order to dictate playoff seedings and then later who advances in what round to set up the matches and victor's Stern wants to see

You have to really step on the heart of a club with a superstar early in a game or playoff series and prove you are a superior team to not see the outcome determined at some point by bogus officiating. (like the Celts-Cavs in '10 and Mavs-Heat in '11) But if it is anywhere close (Celts-Lakers '10 or on a MUCH smaller scale Celts-Pistons '08) you get the winner Stern wants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

sad but true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZCGCqjO5IY

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : Why don't you officiate the officiating tonight ... and let us know if it meets your fair and unbiased standards. A win-win situation for BDC. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhahha!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, probably we're wrong.  Probably the celtics will shoot more free throws than the heat...NOT

BTW, Bradley does NOT reach either.  He plays D with his feet.  Wade is the guy who always reaches around when he gets beat (like rondo). Your claim that bradley reaches makes me doubt your opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : So, I guess the referees should just let Bradley reach in and foul his opponent on almost every posession...??? The celtics players have a reputation for drama on the court and the referees don't care for it. Pierce thrusts his head back every time he drives through the lane and acts like he was mauled. Rondo falls down at the slightest touch from a defender. It's sad that Tommy is now known around the league as a joke of an announcer becasue he spends most of the broadcast complaining about the referees.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Only in your world. Tommy is the greatest!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tommy is known as an old school homer and member of America's greatest generation and player on the greatest dynasty in the history of sports.

If he was a 48 year old former bench player who never won a ring, maybe he'd be 'a joke' but he is 78 and most people think its awesome that the man has the energy and is still sharp enough to call a good game and also be a renowned painter in his spare-time.

What a loser comment Gina/Mark

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Tommy doesn't call anything unless it a foul/non-foul.
    It's hard to believe that Mike just sits there and says nothing even when he knows Tommy is wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Well, probably we're wrong.  Probably the celtics will shoot more free throws than the heat...NOT BTW, Bradley does NOT reach either.  He plays D with his feet.  Wade is the guy who always reaches around when he gets beat (like rondo). Your claim that bradley reaches makes me doubt your opinion.
    Posted by cole-ely

Bradley reaches from the side/front while Rondo usually reaches from behind the player. Bradley fouls often and I'm sure the referees will continue to call it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Tommy doesn't call anything unless it a foul/non-foul. It's hard to believe that Mike just sits there and says nothing even when he knows Tommy is wrong.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

It's cause Mike is smarter than most. In fact he needs to stop contrdicting Tommy IMO.
    I'm starting to be disturbed by his "non-celtic fan approach". Donny is rubbing off on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhahha!
    Posted by DaCeltics

I'll take that as a "no".

Probably because you wouldn't know good reffing if you saw it.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tommy doesn't call anything unless it a foul/non-foul. It's hard to believe that Mike just sits there and says nothing even when he knows Tommy is wrong.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Sounds like you have an unhealthy obsession with the Celts if you watch the non-Laker games on local cable buddy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I suspect Tommy knows he's over the top.  It's part of his act.  He is a very smart guy - went to Holy Cross, you know!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think reaching from the front is aok as long as you're coming "up" and the ball and not swiping down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The refs don't cheat for the home team, although usually the teams they cheat for happen to be at home at the time... they cheat for the teams with superstars in order to dictate playoff seedings and then later who advances in what round to set up the matches and victor's Stern wants to see You have to really step on the heart of a club with a superstar early in a game or playoff series and prove you are a superior team to not see the outcome determined at some point by bogus officiating. (like the Celts-Cavs in '10 and Mavs-Heat in '11) But if it is anywhere close (Celts-Lakers '10 or on a MUCH smaller scale Celts-Pistons '08) you get the winner Stern wants.
    Posted by rameakap

Right-o. Home or away, the league (Stern) pre-determines the outcomes, and if anyone can't see that, then he/she hasn't been paying attention to the NBA; money talks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Home team gets the calls in the playoffs!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : Sounds like you have an unhealthy obsession with the Celts if you watch the non-Laker games on local cable buddy
    Posted by rameakap

I watch almost evey Celtics game.
    Living in Mass, I get to listen to Mike and Tommy every game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Home team gets the calls in the playoffs!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Out of left field! ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Home Court Advantage = Referee's Cheat for the home team ( So Miami should win tonight) : Right-o. Home or away, the league (Stern) pre-determines the outcomes, and if anyone can't see that, then he/she hasn't been paying attention to the NBA; money talks.
    Posted by painter

Yeah, that's why a small market team has dominated over the last 15 years (the Spurs) and a large market team has been terrible (the Knicks).

If money talked the Knicks would be championship contenders every year...

Sections
Shortcuts