hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

In Response to Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.:
    [QUOTE]What is the purpose of this thread?  What does the Celtics loss to the Magic have to do with people starting to see what Rondo REALLY means to the Celtics? Jamez, Nate wasn't the only Celtic player who stunk it up yesterday so let's not place blame on him as our 3rd string PG (to Rondo and Delonte).  Pierce did not make a FG in the 2nd half.  Due to foul trouble, we got NOTHING out of the center position.  And Ray could not hit a shot either so let's not suggest that NOW (after a loss to Orlando) everyone should see what Rondo means to the team. I am quite sure that everyone on this board knows Rondo's value to this team.  As valuable as he is to this team, I still want him to improve his shot.  But that is neither here nor there as it relates to losing one game after winning 14 straight.  Nate's not the reason why the Celtics lost. Rondo was always a valuable piece to the Celtics success even during our 14 game winning streak.  One loss doesn't magnify things.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

The purpose of this thread was actually what the title said.  What Rondo means to the C's. Jamez wasn't pinpointing the Magic game only as he\she  was referring to the the C's  in general.  Again Jamez wasn't referring to one game.  Of course EVERYONE wants Rondo to improve his shot.  Everyone has been saying that for 2-3 years.  Got nothing out of the center postion?  I guess you didn't notice that Shaq and company completely shut down Howard?  I consider shutting Mr Howard down as something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.

In Response to Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hopefully people are starting to see what rajon rondo REALLY means to the Celtics team. : The purpose of this thread was actually what the title said.  What Rondo means to the C's. Jamez wasn't pinpointing the Magic game only as he\she  was referring to the the C's  in general.  Again Jamez wasn't referring to one game.  Of course EVERYONE wants Rondo to improve his shot.  Everyone has been saying that for 2-3 years.  Got nothing out of the center postion?  I guess you didn't notice that Shaq and company completely shut down Howard?  I consider shutting Mr Howard down as something.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Shaq was ok, but Perk is the best defender the Celtics have against Howard.
    Unfortunately, Perk is still out and we don't even know how effective he will be when he returns.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Rajon Rondo was All NBA Defensive first team 2009-2010 and All NBA Defensive 2nd team 2008-2009.  These kinds of facts can be found by keying in nba all defense in your search engine. It is part of a section of nba.com called nba awards.
       The shorter Nate Robinson will harrass opposing guards on defense, but can be shot over and posted up.  Also, I have to agree with above posters, even though I have only seen a limited amount of Robinson playing.  Rondo probably is the better point guard.  Also, on offense and defense, Rajon's toughness, intelligent use of his A+ quickness and body control make him play bigger than his 6'-1" highth.  To Nate's credit, its possible he is the better shooter.
       When you compare both players total overall "games", Rajon Rondo is a grade A player, Nate Robinson is a grade B player.     

Sections
Shortcuts