HOU, we can fix your problems

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

HOU, we can fix your problems

Hi Daryl - notice how much trouble you're having scoring this post season.  Perhaps a #3 scorer is in order.  Now, I know you have your heart set on Carmelo, but let me give you another option.  Jeff Green, our leading scorer, would really do well with Harden, De-wight and Parsons.  All it will cost you is Omer Asik and the #25 pick.  You need to think very seriously about this, Daryl, especially if Melo stays in NY, or goes to the Bulls.

We now have 3 picks in the first round, and DA can really wheel and deal!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: HOU, we can fix your problems

I think I wold be in favor of the deal if Asik agree to sign an extension after next season prior to the trade.  We might be able to get a similar younger SF with the 17th or 25th pick, or at least with one of picks we have in the next few years.  But would the Rockets think that Green is better than Parsons?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

was green and harden teamates in OKC...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would only trade Green if we were able to get Gordon or Early and P.J. Tucker would be our starting SF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Jeff Green, our leading scorer, would really do well with Harden, De-wight and Parsons"

LOL. Houston would never take overpaid soft Jeff Green. 

I love these trade ideas that perceive Green as an asset. He's a soft, inconsistent player on a bad contract. A team trying to win a title doesn't view a guy like that as a missing piece. 

Other teams would be doing us a favor by trading for Green which is why he isn't going anywhere....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I would only trade Green if we were able to get Gordon or Early and P.J. Tucker would be our starting SF."

That's good because no one wants Green anyhow....he had a chance to increase his trade value this year but instead he showed why OKC junked him in the first place. 

One silver lining: Jeff Green evidently has an opt out in his contract after this next season so if a crazy agent gets in his ear, he could bail out. And as his contract gets closer to expiring, he might become a trade asset in some situations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would take Draymond Green over Jeff Green. He just plays so physical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Honestly, I think Green has some very solid value for another team. Houston would be one of them. He's an athletic, do everything 3/4 who would fit in very well with that team. On the Celtics, especially this season, he was relied upon to be the go to guy on offense, and he just doesn't have that makeup. On another team where he can kind of just sneakily get his numbers, I think he could be that key part of a championship roster. The Heat had all sorts of talent on the roster that first year with LeBron, Bosh and Wade, but I think the key part of that roster the next season was Battier. He gave them a guy who could shoot the 3, defend the 2-4 and pretty much use the room between the other three. I think Green could be the same guy, but better...and obviously paid twice as much. This would obviously all depend on how the Rockets evaluate Terrance Jones. He's shown flashes.

I doubt you get both Asik and a pick for him, but if they could manage to lure that pick while taking just about anyone from the Rockets, I'd make the move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

There's no need to trade green. Cs could S&T hump for asik straight up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Jeff Green, our leading scorer, would really do well with Harden, De-wight and Parsons"

LOL. Houston would never take overpaid soft Jeff Green. 

I love these trade ideas that perceive Green as an asset. He's a soft, inconsistent player on a bad contract. A team trying to win a title doesn't view a guy like that as a missing piece. 

Other teams would be doing us a favor by trading for Green which is why he isn't going anywhere....

[/QUOTE]

You don't know that.  They have set their sites, as I mentioned, on Carmelo.  Who else is out there?  Green would be  very good on that team, and a lot cheaper than Melo.

Players who average 15 per game do not grow on trees, contrary to popular belief.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Celts end up with Jabari or Wiggins then Jeff Green for Asik is "very likely".

[/QUOTE]

True. May 20th will set the tone for the future. Top 3 opens the doors for Danny to do a lot of things. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi Daryl - notice how much trouble you're having scoring this post season.  Perhaps a #3 scorer is in order.  Now, I know you have your heart set on Carmelo, but let me give you another option.  Jeff Green, our leading scorer, would really do well with Harden, De-wight and Parsons.  All it will cost you is Omer Asik and the #25 pick.  You need to think very seriously about this, Daryl, especially if Melo stays in NY, or goes to the Bulls.

We now have 3 picks in the first round, and DA can really wheel and deal!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

What a tard!  You seriously think McHale would be dumb enough to go along with this?  Green would shrivel up playing with this group.  Yeah, McHale is going to have a say in something like this.  Only in Boston!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

if Houston Gets dumped early in the playoffs and the Asik and Howard lineup fails, they will look again at moving a guy making $15M in cold hard dollars (even though he ONLY counts $8M in cap space).

trouble is the trade would be more likely  we send Green AND a draft pick to Houston for Asik.

if we do, I hope it's a FUTURE first and not one form this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would think this is a viable trade.  It would fill two needs.  I would not do the deal without the pick, though.  HOU has more need for Green than we do for Asik.  And Asik  will be in the last year of his deal.  That is worth the #25 pick, IMO.

Anyone watch the game last night?  Think Jeff Green would help that team??????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

go for it